Sign in to follow this  

pit stop and re-fueling

I'm new to the Xbox F1 2012 game and need some advice please. I was racing the Malaysian grand prix in a 28 lap career mode. On lap 20 I stopped to put on prime tyres. At the beginning of lap 28, I had a 34s lead, but ran out of fuel before I could complete the last lap. How's that possible? I was under the impression that the car gets re-fuelled at every pit stop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The cars no longer get re fuelled during pit stops in real F1 which is why they don't in the game. You start a race with a given fuel load which you have to manage throughout the race to be certain of not running out.

What's the best way to manage the fuel during a race. Should I rather select a cautious fuel load, than a normal one before the race? Or should I play around with the different fuel settings during the race(mix, standard, lean)?

Play around with the fuel mixes during the race. best is to run lean mix in a slow section of a circuit, for example S2 of Brazil, and then run standard in S1 and S3. That way you slowly save enough fuel to make it to the end, without losing too much time.

You can watch your fuel load during the race.

In a 28 Lap Race:
-3 LAPS = 25-25.999 LAPS
-2 LAPS = 26-26.999 LAPS
-1 LAP  = 27-27.999 LAPS
OPTIMAL = 28-28.999 LAPS
+1 LAP = 29-29.999 LAPS
+2 LAPS = 30-30.999 LAPS

If you ran out of fuel during your last lap, it means the display showed -1 LAP.