Sign in to follow this  

Question for Loore

Now i'm no troll and I love Grid AS now that the main problems have been overcome
but
Why do the upgrades have little to no effect on the (touring) cars?
I'm on level 60 and i get good times but theres one guy on MP who constantly has the fastest times by some margin, i ask what his secret is, and he says its cos he turns off all of the upgrades!
Tuning is great, but with upgrades, whats the point?

Upgrades currently do not work in almost all races. The only instance where they do work is in an online Custom Cup with tuning disabled.

inb4freezepostspam

Now i'm no troll and I love Grid AS now that the main problems have been overcome
but
Why do the upgrades have little to no effect on the (touring) cars?
I'm on level 60 and i get good times but theres one guy on MP who constantly has the fastest times by some margin, i ask what his secret is, and he says its cos he turns off all of the upgrades!
Tuning is great, but with upgrades, whats the point?

Welcome to club, and enjoy the mess: 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/0/616187203929186528/?tscn=1416009642

Waiting for the inevitable "we've tested it and found the patch doesn't work" announcement. Probably in about a fortnights time.
Give up mate, it's a load of pony.

It's the only racer I want to play.
Its poxt. Worst gaming scenario I've known in 30 years. Pathetic performance all round.
Could go down as the biggest unfulfilled potential of all time. Until Grid 4.

Grid 4 - LOL

That would be an insult at any price other than FREE.   
I cannot think of one reason why I would risk parting with hard earned cash for another CM game.  

Hands and feet well and truly burnt

All they need to do, is set their deadline as they do now,  but when the deadline comes, just anounce that the game has been delayed for a YEAR.   Test the game.  Test it some more,  Let some NON noobs play the game,  sort out the wall rides, and shortcuts, and penalties,  Test some more.  Fix it,  Test some more,  anounce further delays, Test some more, test again,  QA,  QA more,  Test.......QA.......Then Release.  

Keep the SIMCADE, but lose the things that help people suck, like flashbacks, and assists.  
Get rid of tuning and upgrading, at least for online play.   Give a choice of cars, but keep a level playing field.  

I do love tuning and upgrading vehicles, but CM just cant get it right.   No front or rear downforce, no ride height adjustment in touring cars(maybe more). 
I could go on.

Unless CM go to a sim type game, I think they should ditch the tuning.  

Grid 1 was awesome,  rev n GO!
PGR4  was the same,   rev n go!

McDonalds dont mess with the recipe of the Big Mac,  Its one of their best sellers, if not THE best. 

But CM totally mess with the recipe for possibly their best ever game,  and we got Grid 2.   

If you cant cook, stay out of the kitchen.