F1 2019 possibly released at the start of next season

Hi everyone i just Saw Tom97Hd video on it and it seems pretty legit. Apparently in one of the files there is a f1 2019 features palceholder to suggest there is gonna be a F1 2019 DLC for f1 2018 and the reason for it because of the new gen consoles. Its been 5 years since xbox one and ps4 was released its coming to a point where Ps5 will be released soon in next year or so, so they are trying to avoid what they did with f1 2014 and f1 2015 by being a step ahead of themselves. As well trying to keep the game release more close to the start of the season like fifa, motogp,Nba ect. Think its a pretty cool idea seeing that the game is released at a bit of weird time half way through the season, and think the f1 2018 game is good enough to last another 2 years if they fix bugs and have a decent 2019 update. As well they are apparently working on a new engine for the 2020 or 2021 season so its gives them more time work on it.

I would be more than happy with a 2019 season + cars DLC for F1 2018 with CM working on fixing all bugs of the current game instead of creating a new game for F1 2019. I hope this becomes a reality.

I do think a 2019 season DLC makes sense. Gives Codemasters more time to work on giving the games a big update with the next gen consoles on the horizon. 
Something else I want to add is that it appears next years F1 season is nigh on identical to this years too, therefore means Codies wouldn’t need to add any additional tracks for the season. 

F1 games should become a service - it's a really good fit. Work on the current bugs, polish it and then release DLC independently every year, maybe bi-annually (April and August, for example), and then in the background work on a new version and game engine etc. and release it with the current season's DLC.

Then people who don't want the classic cars at all can also just choose not to buy them, except if you do a career mode from say 2009 to 2018, as Codemasters have the rights to all these seasons.

If the dlc will be big enough I am fine with it. But we need new features too, not just cars. New tyre compounds if any change will happen, and all around upgrade to everything (tyre wear, damage, r&d updates etc)

simon7109 said:
If the dlc will be big enough I am fine with it. But we need new features too, not just cars. New tyre compounds if any change will happen, and all around upgrade to everything (tyre wear, damage, r&d updates etc)
I agree. In fact I think it's more probable that the DLC brings the cars to F12018 and then F12019 is released in August (many of us would buy both so it's a good strategy). Maybe it is for e-sports sake and to be on par with the real F1. I doubt that this is for the next gen. We don't know anything about it and even bigger companies are not worried by the next gen. The year by year update is far away from reality. It would be complex to add new features via patch. To do that you should change the base version too which is in a CD for consoles. iRacing is always updating but it has changed base version and system requirements many times... 

Holy speculation Batman!  Finds something in game files.... thinks PS5 will be released in 2019 (most people predict November 2020) = F1 2019 will be released at the start of the season.  Hmmm

Soo... We were shown like 1 file which says F1 2019 and everything else is just random...

Plus if ps5 was released in November 2019 (just to say) and formula 1 2019 is scheduled in late August 2019. I doubt the best marketing solution would be anticipating f12019. In that case they could delay f1 or have the ps5 version in November and be one of the launching titles (possibly the first racing game of the new generation) 

At some time Codemasters also have to update the game engine, which will require a lot of time. So, doing 2019 as a DLC and simultaneously developing 2020 on a new engine, sounds reasonable. 

To be fair, F1 2014 could have been a DLC to F1 2013 because apart from the new cars/tracks and regulations, the game was exactly the same. If an engine change is indeed in the works for 2020, a 2019 DLC is more than likely if we look at the previously mentioned example.

Hmm link to the video? Big if true, would be nice to see a change in methodology after f1 2014 to f1 2015 transition

PS5 won't be with us until 2020 or more realistically 2021. So don't get too over excited lol! As for the next year update its been stated years ago Codies would be doing "update" games but not yet begun it. Also its very normal for devs to begin the next years game already so nothing special about seeing a 2019 F1 file or 2. An update version would be especially good for the online purchaser to simply update their game every year not that it would be much different from buying a new game every year anyway. Just likely the files would be smaller and therefore easier to download, but then with fast internet and downloads for preorders being 2 to 3 days before the release that changes little too.
Doing another 2015 with a small update to modify 2018 so they can work on another large project is most likely, though most of the bugs seem to be online and the AI is continually evolving into better and better competition so its all going in the right direction anyway with most complaints about the game being rather low on the seriousness meter. Bar a few breakers on PC, but then thats pretty normal for PC games, there is so much more involved in them.

would be great to launch 2019 as dlc it would be greater if it comes with formula 2 too, with this game stable, bug fixes, a better AI we dont need to much work in new features, just a better sounding cars, codemasters can work in a new engine for next generation make it more simulator and we receive 2019 in the start of the season with an update in august with a little tweeks in the career mode and a better and faster multiplayer (urgent, there is still too much waiting for players, lag in some tracksand still thera are too clicks to get to the track, try to put everyone with the same setup and tyres and just put players on track, one sot )

sirio994 said:
simon7109 said:
I agree. In fact I think it's more probable that the DLC brings the cars to F12018 and then F12019 is released in August (many of us would buy both so it's a good strategy). Maybe it is for e-sports sake and to be on par with the real F1. I doubt that this is for the next gen. We don't know anything about it and even bigger companies are not worried by the next gen. The year by year update is far away from reality. It would be complex to add new features via patch. To do that you should change the base version too which is in a CD for consoles. iRacing is always updating but it has changed base version and system requirements many times... 
I would buy the 2019 game rather than Having to pay for a DLC in 2018 but. 
They could launch a 2019 DLC at the beginning of the season and Launch the actual 2019 Game in August like usual

@ptank20
2 videos about it all. The dlc is more for formula 2 then f1 2019 if i understand it correctly.
https://youtu.be/ix62EKJ2HKw

https://youtu.be/nzko2Qji-6M

Gives a better idea i hope

This would be a great idea, having the update come so late in the season spoils it for me, would love to buy a DLC update early next year. 

Well, since I was mentioned in the 2nd video, I guess I could say that most of the stuff found back then is now removed from the files... AFAIK.