Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Faya

Seems to be a 5-6 kph difference in speed traps between my team mate and myself I have to run low downforce set ups to compete on the straights which is daft on circuits where you expect cars to be on more downforce.
What wings are you using when you have this difference? AI is using default 6/6 on every track. I only strugle on straights on tracks where I need more to get a stable car (hungary and monaco really). You have to choose if you want a faster car in corners or straights. At Monza for example I use 2/3 wings, the AI can't do anything with me even with DRS... (Ofcourse if my engine is competitive enough, you have to consiser that too) and you can't really know what ERS mode or fuel mix the AI is using when they go through the speed trap.

What would be great tough is your own speed trap speed shown somewhere. Right now you can only see it when you are doing the track acclimatization and only for a second...

Safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car

@simon7109 I used default in melbourne and lance stroll was 6 kph faster in practise and 4 kph faster in qualy. I had to use rich fuel to try and compete with his speed traps and I was still slower in practise.

In bahrain I was around the same difference slow but I hanged to the second lowest downforce default setting and managed to be a few KPH faster but the car was pants on the long runs.

Will post exacts in china next time I am on I did P1 on friday but I know much slower.

Safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car safety car
So, what are you trying to say? Lol

@simon7109 I used default in melbourne and lance stroll was 6 kph faster in practise and 4 kph faster in qualy. I had to use rich fuel to try and compete with his speed traps and I was still slower in practise.

In bahrain I was around the same difference slow but I hanged to the second lowest downforce default setting and managed to be a few KPH faster but the car was pants on the long runs.

Will post exacts in china next time I am on I did P1 on friday but I know much slower.
its later the last 1.06 patch? or before have these problem too?

LOL its funny how people are so passionate about safety car stuff even though:
1. It works perfectly for me in 2018 (7 times deployed in S1, 6 times in S2 so far)
2. It has nothing to do with the racing so adds or takes away little from the game IMHO.
At least Codies fixed the AI and physics otherwise the forum would be filled with that as well. I'm fine with it being bugged (even thought its not for me).

You should be more outraged about the online bugs (if you play) or the fact we can't edit Teams, Drivers, Livery, Schedule, race length.
Focus fellow racers!

After Patch 1.06 i have started to have sound lag and some random lag spikes. I didn't have this before.
pc specs:(laptop)
procesor: Intel core I7  6700 HQ - 2,6 ghz
8 gigabites of RAM
videocard: nvidia gtx 950M
operating system: windows 10 x64 

I play the game one medium settings and it worked fine before. After this patch i have random lag spikes and sound lag. I will also send my specs to you guys.

I am not sure, but where is the speedtrap in Australia? Usually the speedtrap is not where you reach top speed (who knows why...), but somewhere else. In SPA it's right after Eau Rogue, so if you have a slightly worse run out from it, you will be slower. Or maybe the AI is not using default wings after all?
I don't know.

What I noticed today at Spa is that my top speed was like 5 kph slower than a Ferrari in my Red Bull, but my power train is the best in the pack and I was running 5/6 wings. I reached the same top speed with 4/5 wings so either my power train being the best does not equal to having the fastest top speed or the AI is not running default wings or the AI cars are just simply faster on the straights than they should be.

Seems to be a 5-6 kph difference in speed traps between my team mate and myself I have to run low downforce set ups to compete on the straights which is daft on circuits where you expect cars to be on more downforce.
Straight line speed is not just about performance of the car and downforce. Its about getting drive frome exit of the corner leading onto the straight. So unless you oevertake them following this exit and they come back at you faster still, the point is moot.

Oasis81 said:
Seriously?

after 1.6 ... williams livree is still the same. the mod did the jobe better than you
Modders don't have to get approval from the teams. Codemasters do, and the teams are generally too busy to care about such trifles once the season starts. We normally only get one big model/livery update a few months after release, so to have any at all this early on is some sort of improvement, I guess.

(Note that if you're expecting the Martini red stripe to be added, you can forget it -- that's a deliberate choice to keep their PEGI 3 rating.)

Oasis81 said:
Seriously?

after 1.6 ... williams livree is still the same. the mod did the jobe better than you
Modders don't have to get approval from the teams. Codemasters do, and the teams are generally too busy to care about such trifles once the season starts. We normally only get one big model/livery update a few months after release, so to have any at all this early on is some sort of improvement, I guess.

(Note that if you're expecting the Martini red stripe to be added, you can forget it -- that's a deliberate choice to keep their PEGI 3 rating.)
Why not add the red stripes without the Martini logo? Like in real life they have it in muslim countries? Just leave the circle empty. Pegi 3 solved.

simon7109 said:
Oasis81 said:
Seriously?

Why not add the red stripes without the Martini logo? Like in real life they have it in muslim countries? Just leave the circle empty. Pegi 3 solved.
They dont have the red stripes in real life... Actually if i recall, Williams started using that design because of Codemasters.

You mean in muslim countries? You are probably right, haven't seen Bahrain this year Last year I am pretty sure they were using it just the line did not have the word Martini on it. They should still use that in the game btw, looks much better with red and since no Martini sign on the car, no problem with Pegi.

ClaudF1 said:
Straight line speed is not just about performance of the car and downforce. Its about getting drive frome exit of the corner leading onto the straight. So unless you oevertake them following this exit and they come back at you faster still, the point is moot.
and mechanical grip.  rear tyres with camber set to max (all the way right) gives more longitudinal grip which is more speed.

HillZero said:
no tire heat fix yet ?  the temputrues are too low for the working range of the tire meaning they overheat too early 
Yep. this happened to me several times.

There is no perfect set-up, but the drivers and especially the engineers have to look for the ideal set-up that allows the car to work well.

Now, assimilate these basic notations, we can analyze the various slick compounds that have two working ranges (windows) of base .

The Hard mixes with the orange band and Soft with the yellow band , are of the High Working Range type , ie they need rather high temperatures to work at their best. The right window of use for these tires is between 110 ° C and 145 ° C .

The Medium mixes with the white band, Supersoft with the red band and Ultrasoft with the purple band are instead of the Low Working Range type , that is they have a much lower window of use since it goes from 85 ° C to 115 ° C for the two softer and from 105 ° to 135 ° C for Medium.

The difficulty then is not only in bringing the tires in this window and maintaining it, but the difficulty is also in working the front axle and the rear axle on the same temperature .

There is nothing wrong with tyre temps. If anything I think Codies got it pretty damn good. With the introduction of carcass/core temps the tyre model is better then ever. Also lots of people are getting confused between surface temps and carcass temps.

Information source:

http://www.circusf1.com/2017/07/working-range-pirelli-finestra-utilizzo-delle-gomme-in-formula-1.php

Now can we move past the tyre temp issues and move onto more important things....like a "save replay" feature for online racing.

ZenRazo said:
HillZero said:
no tire heat fix yet ?  the temputrues are too low for the working range of the tire meaning they overheat too early 
Yep. this happened to me several times.

There is no perfect set-up, but the drivers and especially the engineers have to look for the ideal set-up that allows the car to work well.

Now, assimilate these basic notations, we can analyze the various slick compounds that have two working ranges (windows) of base .

The Hard mixes with the orange band and Soft with the yellow band , are of the High Working Range type , ie they need rather high temperatures to work at their best. The right window of use for these tires is between 110 ° C and 145 ° C .

The Medium mixes with the white band, Supersoft with the red band and Ultrasoft with the purple band are instead of the Low Working Range type , that is they have a much lower window of use since it goes from 85 ° C to 115 ° C for the two softer and from 105 ° to 135 ° C for Medium.

The difficulty then is not only in bringing the tires in this window and maintaining it, but the difficulty is also in working the front axle and the rear axle on the same temperature .

There is nothing wrong with tyre temps. If anything I think Codies got it pretty damn good. With the introduction of carcass/core temps the tyre model is better then ever. Also lots of people are getting confused between surface temps and carcass temps.

Information source:

http://www.circusf1.com/2017/07/working-range-pirelli-finestra-utilizzo-delle-gomme-in-formula-1.php

Now can we move past the tyre temp issues and move onto more important things....like a "save replay" feature for online racing.

I think people are also not understanding that they can't just drive like they did in previous games

Archived