Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Faya

VDV23 said:
Anthracis said:
does the changes in 2018 performance updates affect existing careers? Or will them just fit for newly startet ones.

That's what I'd like to know as well. 
Yes they do, before the patch my Mclaren was ahead of Renault (4th fastest team). Right now Mclaren is below Renault in performance graph (5th fastest). 
I am currently racing at Singapore.
fraggi said:
Wow, every time I see a thread like this I understand why CMs interaction with this community is so limited. Its like a bunch of three-year-olds having a fit.
Gamers as a whole don't help themselves when it comes to expressing views/providing feedback. But then, seems a lot of communities suffer from the same issue.
@Faya @Lozzy @jennyannem

Hi there!

No Moderator speaks after training, qualifying and race in a Championship-Season on PS4.

Please fix this.

Best regards
I have this same issue on the PC build. Commentators will never talk after sessions in championship mode. (No driver of the day, update on championship standings, etc)
Hi all, and thanks for all the feedback so far. 

For those of you who have found issues that are not to do with this patch, please head to the Technical Assistance forum and start up a new bug report for us with as much information as possible, a template of which can be found here. Thanks!

Faya said:

For those of you who have found issues that are not to do with this patch, please head to the Technical Assistance forum and start up a new bug report for us with as much information as possible, a template of which can be found here. Thanks!

I really appreciated that you try to find as many bugs as possible but seriously this is worse than in F1 2017, what the hell happened? It seems like bugs that had been solved in 2017 are now back in 2018...
Dunky1980 said:
I can understand why game companies don't want to bother with feedback from customers. This forum is a disgrace Codemasters have done a good job and all people do is moan moan and moan about trivial things.
Well, proper feedback and issue reporting is one thing, immature/aggressive whining is another.. Criticism is a valuable tool for improvement as long as it's constructive and polite. 

Forums like these are generally used for gathering issues and complaints. Logically when people find issues they'll put in the effort to report them, hoping to bring some change or improvement. For the aspects that people already like though; no change is needed since a positive opinion doesn't require the attention of developers, there's no immediate reason to write up a post about it. I guess this causes a quite bit of an imbalance between negative/positive posts as the good things just don't get shared nearly as much. 
@scottishwildcat

>Note that if you're expecting the Martini red stripe to be added, you can forget it -- that's a deliberate choice to keep their PEGI 3 rating.

Yes, but in all honesty, PEGI Ratings are the biggest joke on this planet anyways, as they do not truly enforce security and oversight towards the protection of children.

Have you seen the amount of kiddies running around in Call of Duty / Mortal Kombat / Battlefield / Doom / Gears of War / Halo / Destiny / Rainbow Six Siege / The Division or basically any AAA title that is not intended to be played by underage children?

Kids these days got more than enough options to choose from in order to get hands on products that should be inaccessible to them, the usual culprits of ignoring the PEGI rating due to ignorance or indifference are the parents or the family.

Only a extremely small percentage of parents seem to take proper care of their spawn, so from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make a huge difference if the game was given a higher PEGI rating than PEGI 3, no, the contrary might even occur where kids that never had any interest in F1  would see the PEGI 16 or PEGI 18 tag on top of the game and consider buying it.

Kids are rebellious in nature and usually get attracted to forbidden and or popular stuff with almost 100% efficiency especially if it is sugarcoated in flashy imagery with a false sense of progression and of course the cherry on top our much loved obnoxious lootboxes.

@simon7109

Yes, at Bahrain they had the Red Stripes, but no Martini logo on top.

One of many solutions that would be amazing to see being worked upon is to make the Red Stripes available for everyone, but to have a region lock for certain countries that do actively ban any tobacco or alcohol advertizement so in those nations the game automatically uses the Blue Stripes.

Another solution is to combine solution #1 with the fact that the games PEGI rating could be increased to PEGI 16 so that we get the whole sponsorship package without missing out on officiality.
  • Social Media & Community Team
Faya said:

Thank you; I've added this templated information to the issue I reported on September 1.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138782/f1-2018-xbox-one-x-multiplayer-achievement-safety-first-not-unlocking#latest
Metzgerov said:
LOL its funny how people are so passionate about safety car stuff even though:
1. It works perfectly for me in 2018 (7 times deployed in S1, 6 times in S2 so far)
2. It has nothing to do with the racing so adds or takes away little from the game IMHO.
At least Codies fixed the AI and physics otherwise the forum would be filled with that as well. I'm fine with it being bugged (even thought its not for me).

You should be more outraged about the online bugs (if you play) or the fact we can't edit Teams, Drivers, Livery, Schedule, race length.
Focus fellow racers!
FOCUS FELLOW RACERS
I really don't understand the issue with the safety car.... sure it rarely comes out, but I'm happy with that. To say that you're not going to play the game because of this, is just dumb. What I think needs looking at, is the aggresive AI that runs my car off the track and gets me a warning for the collision. 

Archived