Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Faya

Restarted new career on Xbox qith patch 1.06. @Faya

Melbourne : after weird times in third sector (posted yet) , i did race and saw Hulkenberg going way too fast than all other teams and having better pace than both Mercedes and Red Bull so i thought "it can happen,maybe they all had issues".
Restarted race to check and got same with Grosjean ; he was able to pass Kimi,Bottas and Lewis .

In both cases at the end i checked all drivers lap times and noticed that Mercedes(both),Red Bull(both) and Kimi had similar lap times with Haas,Renault and sometimes Force India.

I mean,it can happen but we all know top team performances are way better and even  Red Bull can't fight with other 2 top teams.With old 1.04 version performances were all good without problem and top teams lap times were like reality or,at least,a lot faster that others.

chen255 said:
If I'm not mistaken the updates would have been those that were applied to the real cars up to and including the date of the Spanish Grand Prix as has been the case on the previous games, so anything after that won't show. CM have to draw the line somewhere. 
That line should be the end of season, since the game called f1 2018. Or at least when everything is accurate. I think a team change and driver change is enough reason to update.

Uday9479 said:
agnusrock said:
The game came out precariously as a downgrade in the visual part in the falling rain and the sprays of the wheels of the cars.

Need an update at least to leave the same as 2017, would be better.

The sprays from the cars looks so much like fog. It was way better in F1 2017.
If by that u mean u can’t see when behind someone then that’s how it should be.

simon7109 said:
chen255 said:
If I'm not mistaken the updates would have been those that were applied to the real cars up to and including the date of the Spanish Grand Prix as has been the case on the previous games, so anything after that won't show. CM have to draw the line somewhere. 
That line should be the end of season, since the game called f1 2018. Or at least when everything is accurate. I think a team change and driver change is enough reason to update.
You want a new game as soon as possibly, with zero bugs and to be as accurate as possible???? You can have 1 out of 3 but not 2 or 3 

simon7109 said:
chen255 said:
You want a new game as soon as possibly, with zero bugs and to be as accurate as possible???? You can have 1 out of 3 but not 2 or 3 
It's just a change of text and decals. Not that hard. If a moder can do it, can't see why codies couldn't.

simon7109 said:
Btw can we get a manual grid formation in to the game? Never understood why the AI takes controll at the end of the formation lap.
Probably so that the player doesn't enter the pitlane when the race isn't even underway yet. (Notice how the AI always takes over just before the pitlane entry)

This update seems to have lessen the tire/tarmac contact patch and the cars seem more easy to drive.  To confirm this is went back to F1 2017 and raced the Ferrari 412 T2 on Marina Bay, then the same scenario in F1 2018, and the same car seemed easier to drive, with what feels like less tire grip. Why would such a thing be done to a game that was on its way from day one with good gripping driving physics?!!! Please correct this is in the next update...thank you!

You career players are all mad buying the game on release they destroy career with the patches during the update cycle.

I'm just waiting for the corrupted saves. 
I’ve purposely not started a career mode because of this, I learned the hard way last year, it totally disrupted my career

Yeah i6t's one of the main reasons why I haven't started mine yet as well. I like the series so I've still got the game but there wsa no way I'd have been able to do all 10 seasons before the saves corrupted on me so I've been waiting this year a while before starting. I will likely be starting soon though I think.

rfvgt said:
simon7109 said:
Btw can we get a manual grid formation in to the game? Never understood why the AI takes controll at the end of the formation lap.
Probably so that the player doesn't enter the pitlane when the race isn't even underway yet. (Notice how the AI always takes over just before the pitlane entry)
Why would that hurt anyone? DSQ from the formation lap if someone does that like if you hit someone and problem solved. It's more like they don't want you to ram the grid like the changes they did to SC race restarts...

Another bug, when the safety car going back to the pit, and the game back to the race, then i not have grip, but the Ai drive like normal, so the Ai have tyre grip... 
I warming up the brakes, and tyres, and my car not have grip, too much slide. 
3-4 laps later i can drive normaly.

RobPro24 said:
Another bug, when the safety car going back to the pit, and the game back to the race, then i not have grip, but the Ai drive like normal, so the Ai have tyre grip... 
I warming up the brakes, and tyres, and my car not have grip, too much slide. 
3-4 laps later i can drive normaly.
Your tyres are cold still. The carcass should be above 95 to perform the best.

Archived