Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Faya

simon7109 said:
You are doing a great job, but I am still not playing until the Practice Programs are rebalanced.
Get good. Or juat lower the difficulty for practice. Problem solved.

On other matters.
Is the chamges to Force India are just some visual changes or did they get renamed and rebranded like in real life?
And what about Silverstone DRS zone?
No, it's still "Force India" in the game and not "Racing Point Force India".
simon7109 said:
You are doing a great job, but I am still not playing until the Practice Programs are rebalanced.
Get good. Or juat lower the difficulty for practice. Problem solved.

On other matters.
Is the chamges to Force India are just some visual changes or did they get renamed and rebranded like in real life?
And what about Silverstone DRS zone?
No, it's still "Force India" in the game and not "Racing Point Force India".
It's Sahara Force India, but still should change. I hope this was not the only car update. And probably gonna nees a driver change too, if Stroll moves to Force India.
If I'm not mistaken the updates would have been those that were applied to the real cars up to and including the date of the Spanish Grand Prix as has been the case on the previous games, so anything after that won't show. CM have to draw the line somewhere. 
So I left off at FP1 in Belgium with Sauber and downloaded the new patch on PS4. I got a new contract at Hungary which stated my qualifying and race position to be 12th.

Patch downloaded. I load career mode and it seems like my expected race position is now 2nd!? What the hell... Im 4 races away of a new contract, which means I will definitely lose reputation within the team.

I think I know why this happened. Before the patch we were the 7th best team. Now we are the 4th. Still a long way to RB, which are 3rd...

Please, never again apply the performance updates halfway a career save... Not only it breaks the immersion but it might create situations like these.
Restarted new career on Xbox qith patch 1.06. @Faya

Melbourne : after weird times in third sector (posted yet) , i did race and saw Hulkenberg going way too fast than all other teams and having better pace than both Mercedes and Red Bull so i thought "it can happen,maybe they all had issues".
Restarted race to check and got same with Grosjean ; he was able to pass Kimi,Bottas and Lewis .

In both cases at the end i checked all drivers lap times and noticed that Mercedes(both),Red Bull(both) and Kimi had similar lap times with Haas,Renault and sometimes Force India.

I mean,it can happen but we all know top team performances are way better and even  Red Bull can't fight with other 2 top teams.With old 1.04 version performances were all good without problem and top teams lap times were like reality or,at least,a lot faster that others.

chen255 said:
If I'm not mistaken the updates would have been those that were applied to the real cars up to and including the date of the Spanish Grand Prix as has been the case on the previous games, so anything after that won't show. CM have to draw the line somewhere. 
That line should be the end of season, since the game called f1 2018. Or at least when everything is accurate. I think a team change and driver change is enough reason to update.
Uday9479 said:
agnusrock said:
The game came out precariously as a downgrade in the visual part in the falling rain and the sprays of the wheels of the cars.

Need an update at least to leave the same as 2017, would be better.

The sprays from the cars looks so much like fog. It was way better in F1 2017.
If by that u mean u can’t see when behind someone then that’s how it should be.
simon7109 said:
chen255 said:
That line should be the end of season, since the game called f1 2018. Or at least when everything is accurate. I think a team change and driver change is enough reason to update.
You want a new game as soon as possibly, with zero bugs and to be as accurate as possible???? You can have 1 out of 3 but not 2 or 3 
simon7109 said:
chen255 said:
You want a new game as soon as possibly, with zero bugs and to be as accurate as possible???? You can have 1 out of 3 but not 2 or 3 
It's just a change of text and decals. Not that hard. If a moder can do it, can't see why codies couldn't.
simon7109 said:
Btw can we get a manual grid formation in to the game? Never understood why the AI takes controll at the end of the formation lap.
Probably so that the player doesn't enter the pitlane when the race isn't even underway yet. (Notice how the AI always takes over just before the pitlane entry)

Archived