Sign in to follow this  

2014 ABU DOUBLE GP : THE TITLE DECIDER

I know it's very early , but I am super excited for this race . It seems like it's been ages since the last title decider in Brasil 2012. I'm hoping Nico wins it , but I don't want him to win it by double points or by a mechanical failure for Hamilton. But knowing my luck in the last few title deciders , that's what will happen. 

Laps55
Circuit length5.554 km (3.451 mi)
Race length305.470 km (189.810 mi)
Number of times held5
First held2009
Most wins (drivers)Germany Sebastian Vettel (3)
Most wins (constructors)Austria Red Bull (3)

I hope Nico wins due to double points because the butthurt caused by it could cure Ebola.

I'd enjoy watching the forums, Twitter and Reddit meltdown. I'm sadistic like that.

Platy said:
I hope Nico wins due to double points because the butthurt caused by it could cure Ebola.

I'd enjoy watching the forums, Twitter and Reddit meltdown. I'm sadistic like that.
You pervert! ;)

Honestly, if Nico wins this because of double points, all the more congrats to him. Entering the season EVERYONE understood the setup and points.

I'm telling you now, if Rosberg wins the championship he'll be more hated than Vettel ever was.  

For the benefit of everyone:

Permutations

Nico wins if:
- he wins and Lewis is no higher than 3rd
- he comes 2nd and Lewis is no higher than 6th
- he comes 3rd and Lewis is no higher than 7th
- he comes 4th and Lewis is no higher than 9th
- he comes 5th and Lewis is no higher than 10th

Lewis wins if:
- he comes 2nd
- he comes at least 5th with Nico no higher than 2nd
- he comes at least 6th with Nico no higher than 3rd
- he comes at least 8th with Nico no higher than 4th
- he comes at least 9th with Nico no higher than 5th

I know the second table is pretty much just a reverse of the first bit, but I done that just to make it clear. 

And, purely for interest sake, if there was no double points:

Nico wins if: 
- he wins and Lewis is no higher than 7th
- he comes 2nd and Lewis doesn't score

;)

Liam12d said:
I'm telling you now, if Rosberg wins the championship he'll be more hated than Vettel ever was.  
I think it depends on how the race unfolds. If Nico wins the race and Hamilton finishes 3rd, as long as it was a clean, hard-fought race I think it will be a popular win.

VetteIfan said:
I'm trying to switch topic so people won't ask for a new avatar.

SynGamer said:
Liam12d said:
I think it depends on how the race unfolds. If Nico wins the race and Hamilton finishes 3rd, as long as it was a clean, hard-fought race I think it will be a popular win.
Yeah I guess, However if Lewis were to retire for whatever reason Nico won't be very popular.

I just hope no problems for either car arise, I want a fair even battle that doesn't reduce the quality of what will be Hammy's WDC :p 

Really double points won't change entirely too much now if Hamilton retires in Abu Dhabi. Because if Hamilton retires and Rosberg finishes either first or second he would have won the WDC with or without double points. Granted double points does come into play for other reason. But regardless Lewis wouldn't have been WDC a today with or without double points. 

Really double points won't change entirely too much now if Hamilton retires in Abu Dhabi. Because if Hamilton retires and Rosberg finishes either first or second he would have won the WDC with or without double points. Granted double points does come into play for other reason. But regardless Lewis wouldn't have been WDC a today with or without double points. 
Bit then there's the fact that Lewis has had more unforced troubles in quali and the races aswell. 3 vs 2 DNF's, 2 vs 0 times when he had to start from the very back.

No matter what happens, Lewis Hamilton is the only deserving WDC 2014 in my opinion ( I know that this counts for nothing). If you win 10 races in one season and come back from all the crap that happened to you, you have earned the title.

Bit then there's the fact that Lewis has had more unforced troubles in quali and the races aswell. 3 vs 2 DNF's, 2 vs 0 times when he had to start from the very back.

No matter what happens, Lewis Hamilton is the only deserving WDC 2014 in my opinion ( I know that this counts for nothing). If you win 10 races in one season and come back from all the crap that happened to you, you have earned the title.
But that's racing. If you fall out of races due to the car and another driver capitalizes on those, these results are going to happen. That doesn't make Nico any less of a world champion at the end of the day. It doesn't matter who deserves it more because you don't score points on whether or not you deserved it in any sport... Ever.

But that's racing. If you fall out of races due to the car and another driver capitalizes on those, these results are going to happen. That doesn't make Nico any less of a world champion at the end of the day. It doesn't matter who deserves it more because you don't score points on whether or not you deserved it in any sport... Ever.
If you flat out don;t deserve it, that makes you any less of a world champion in my books. 

We gonna have to agree to disagree.

Imo, it makes Nico a much less deserving champion. I know it doesn't matter as for points tho, that's for sure.

Looking forward to going out to Yas Marina, its a cracking facility
You going there again? You lucky sod! Shove some money my way please  o:)

Which will come first. The race or Mclaren's 2015 driver lineup. :L
A tenner on the race.

Maybe even the FIA-gala.
Knowing Mclaren Melbourne 2015 will come before they announce the driver line-up.  :p

We gonna have to agree to disagree.

Imo, it makes Nico a much less deserving champion. I know it doesn't matter as for points tho, that's for sure.
That's fine, I'm not trying to change your mind I respect you opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Certainly Lewis deserves this championship more than Nico. But you have to admit that Nico has had one heck of a year as well. And if he is WDC I won't look at him as any less of a champion as anyone else who's won (double points or not). I don't think "less deserving" spoils/should spoil being WDC.

Champion is champion!
The fact is that too often the best man loses, its a part of the game. Sometimes you have to make your own luck by doing the right things, sometimes being lucky is a skill! You cant get it by sitting on your arse and hoping with your fingers crossed, you have to pursue it to get it, force that bit of luck to happen for you. rosberg did well to ensure he was in the right places to get that luck.

I remember the massa/hamilton battle here for the championship, hamilton won by the slimmest of margins, last lap, last corner, very lucky... but he got that luck by being so determined to push till the very end, if he did indeed gave up and just hoped for the best then massa would of won the WDC....
So, does that make hamilton a less deserving champion by getting that luck? Nah, not at all, he drive himself to the limit to get that luck and became WDC instead of Massa.

Same goes here, it could be settled by the slimmest of margins again, Hamilton may be the better of them both but if rosberg wins it then hamilton fans cant complain, they cant praise one driver by winning by slimmest of margins then condemn another for the same thing.

All teams, drivers, media and fans knew the rules for the last race, they cant use it as a excuse or as a scapegoat  and complain if it goes against them, they had months to try to change it, if they really wanted too they could of done it.....

Whoever wins is a deserving World Champion.

Nico beating Lewis in Brazil was probably the best thing for the championship, because it makes a result only won by double points much less likely. Let's face it, the most likely outcome for not getting a Mercedes 1-2 is if one of them retires. The chances of Nico winning and Lewis finishing 3rd or lower are pretty slim.