Sign in to follow this  

2014 ABU DOUBLE GP : THE TITLE DECIDER

Britpoint said:
Nico beating Lewis in Brazil was probably the best thing for the championship, because it makes a result only won by double points much less likely

Well, without double points Lewis would only need to finish 6th. Now he has to finish 2nd at worst if Nico wins.

This last race is all about double points. Why am I not surprised they had to implement this dumbass rule when a few months later Lewis is on the verge of winning another WDC...

Britpoint said:
Nico beating Lewis in Brazil was probably the best thing for the championship, because it makes a result only won by double points much less likely

Well, without double points Lewis would only need to finish 6th. Now he has to finish 2nd at worst if Nico wins.

This last race is all about double points. Why am I not surprised they had to implement this dumbass rule when a few months later Lewis is on the verge of winning another WDC...
Agreed. While I know all Lewis needs to get is 2nd, I really do hope he wins it just to finish off the season on yet another win to really cement what an outstanding season he's had,

Would be great if someone on here unbiasedly  makes a report on every race of the season evaluating both of their performances to see who did better per weekend. Would be an interesting read and not some crappy drivel from the main publications. 

Australia - Hamilton takes pole and is 3 tenths faster than Rosberg but retires early on and Rosberg goes on to win. Hard to say who would have won but it probably would have been Hamilton.

Malaysia - Hamilton dominates the whole weekend.

Bahrain - Poor timing of the safety car means Rosberg is right behind Hamilton and on faster tyres but Hamilton manages to keep him behind and win.

China : Hamilton dominates again.

Spain : Hamilton leads for most of the race but Rosberg has a strong final stint and is all over the back of Hamilton but with very little overtaking opportunities he can't pass and Hamilton wins again.

Monaco : Rosberg takes a controversial pole after appearing to park the car , and goes on to win. A good win if you don't think he parked it and you could say he robbed Hamilton of a victory if you think he parked it on purpose.

Canada : Hamilton was within DRS range of Rosberg for 5 laps when their MGU - K failed . Hamilton eventually passes Rosberg but his brakes fail and he retires. Rosberg has a stunning drive to the end of the race and hangs on to 2nd.

Austria : A mistake in qualifying means Hamilton starts 9th but has a brilliant start and gets up to 4th , 1 second behind his team mate. Both of them pass the Williams but Hamilton finishes 1.9 seconds behind Rosberg.

I hope it wasn't biased , I might do the rest later if I have time , but feel free to do them if you want to.

^^^Great stuff ^^^

Yeah I think I pretty much agree with that, I'd say Hamilton better performed at Malaysia , Bahrain , China , Spain. and Rosberg at Canada and Austria.

You can't compare them at Australia as Ham retired, also at Monaco they were quite equal in overall performance imo. So after 7 rounds I'd say as thee most non-bias way possible HAM 4 - 3 ROS based on overall performance (excluding Australia & Monaco). 

Given that the double points rule was at least partially brought about by not wanting to see another Vettel walkover, wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if it cost the the driver who moaned about it the most (i.e Hamilton) the WDC this season :p

j/k

I agree with the general viewpoint that Hamilton deserves it. But that won't count for anything come Sunday afternoon in two weeks time as @SASBlink‌ has touched on. 

VetteIfan said:
Given that the double points rule was at least partially brought about by not wanting to see another Vettel walkover, wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if it cost the the driver who moaned about it the most (i.e Hamilton) the WDC this season :p
I thought Alonso was the #1 moaner back then... ok, he did it in a less obvious way.

Britpoint said:
Nico beating Lewis in Brazil was probably the best thing for the championship, because it makes a result only won by double points much less likely. Let's face it, the most likely outcome for not getting a Mercedes 1-2 is if one of them retires. The chances of Nico winning and Lewis finishing 3rd or lower are pretty slim.
yeah I agree unless one of them ends up with a technical issue. Hopefully neither will and they're able to fight it out on the track. That to me is the best way to settle it. Although deep down I'm hoping for a Hamilton win.

Last minute amendments to the points system to be used at Abu Dhabi!

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/11/10/new-points-system-for-final-race/#.VGEpUvmsV8F

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/11/10/new-points-system-for-final-race/#.VGEpUvmsV8F
Making Jenson Button the 2014 WDC!!!

Making Jenson Button Adrian Sutil the 2014 WDC!!!
Fixed.

Making Jenson Button Adrian Sutil the 2014 WDC!!!
Fixed.
Or Alonso. Way more funny and unlikely than JB and AS. ;)

I did some maths and worked out that if we had the pre-2010 points system then the championship would be...

1) Lewis Hamilton - 136 points
2) Nico Rosberg -135 points

Obviously now the difference between a win and second is greater than it was, so as Lewis has ten wins to Nico's five, the gap would be just one point!

Exciting!

Bernie should keep his stupid double points idea to him self and then be retired to an old peoples home. It's time for F1 to move on and remove senile dinosaurs.

Hughesy said:
Looking forward to going out to Yas Marina, its a cracking facility
You going there again? You lucky sod! Shove some money my way please  o:)
Yeah, a 9 hour flight awaits -.-

Here, have some change.... *Throws 2p at hughesy and hits him on the head with it*

Hughesy said:

Here, have some change.... *Throws 2p at hughesy and hits him on the head with it*
Hey. you're going to the 2014 final so don't complain :p I bet you don't have any earplugs right? It's not like you're going to need them.. ;)

Hughesy said:

I'll take it!

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:

Hey. you're going to the 2014 final so don't complain :p I bet you don't have any earplugs right? It's not like you're going to need them.. ;)
I didn't need them last year cause I'm not a wimp... :P

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:

I didn't need them last year cause I'm not a wimp... :P
Hmmm I don't know, the only race I've ever been was back in the V10 era so I definitely needed those :p 

If I went to a V10 grand prix I'd want to listen to the cars reving on the grid without ear plugs tbh, it'd probably be a once in a lifetime sound (as you'd be deaf afterwards).

fIsince08 said:
If I went to a V10 grand prix I'd want to listen to the cars reving on the grid without ear plugs tbh, it'd probably be a once in a lifetime sound (as you'd be deaf afterwards).
Trust me, it's not possible :p 

The v8's were on the limit of bearable so I think v10's would need plugs. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the v6 tbh

Yeah but the V8's without plugs would probably still damage your hearing if you went the whole race without them. I'd definitely want plugs with the V10's.

Yeah but the V8's without plugs would probably still damage your hearing if you went the whole race without them. I'd definitely want plugs with the V10's.
Wish somebody had told me that this time last year :L

I watched the whole race at Silverstone back in 2005 with no plugs. I was 10 at that time, so it's manageable. I even distinctly remember some very drunk Columbian's nearby to me sleeping through some of the race. It's not to say the V10's weren't very very loud, but it's like any noise you listen to for an extended period of time. It's kind of a weird phenomenon to explain. Best example I can give is you can fall asleep in front of the TV while it's on and running, but if you fall asleep when it's off and someone turns it on it would probably wake you up. You just get used to the surrounding noise as second nature.