F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2014 ABU DOUBLE GP : THE TITLE DECIDER

VetteIfan said:
I watched the whole race at Silverstone back in 2005 with no plugs. I was 10 at that time, so it's manageable. I even distinctly remember some very drunk Columbian's nearby to me sleeping through some of the race. It's not to say the V10's weren't very very loud, but it's like any noise you listen to for an extended period of time. It's kind of a weird phenomenon to explain. Best example I can give is you can fall asleep in front of the TV while it's on and running, but if you fall asleep when it's off and someone turns it on it would probably wake you up. You just get used to the surrounding noise as second nature. 
Whereabouts were you?

I've never been to an actual F1 race, but seen loads of old F1 cars in person. Went to Brands Hatch (can't even remember how young I was but must have been about 12/13 or so years ago) with cars from mid/late 90s plus one of Schey's Ferrari's, sat right up against the fence going into Paddock Hill with the V10s going around and didn't need earplugs then. Haven't needed earplugs for MotoGP bikes or anything else either and I've been to loads of races over the years from club racing to GT's to Superbikes. Never understood why anyone needs them, maybe I'm half deaf :p

I went to the British GP in 2002 when I was five years old and slept for most of the race, through the engines and horns behind us. It was flippin loud but manageable for me.

APR193 said:
I've never been to an actual F1 race, but seen loads of old F1 cars in person. Went to Brands Hatch (can't even remember how young I was but must have been about 12/13 or so years ago) with cars from mid/late 90s plus one of Schey's Ferrari's, sat right up against the fence going into Paddock Hill with the V10s going around and didn't need earplugs then. Haven't needed earplugs for MotoGP bikes or anything else either and I've been to loads of races over the years from club racing to GT's to Superbikes. Never understood why anyone needs them, maybe I'm half deaf :p
Oh it's definitely manageable , but I can't imagine it doing any good to your hearing over the long term. I went to Silverstone in 2010 and 2013 for the races and I probably would have been able to go through the whole race . Like @Vettelfan said , you'd get used to it after a while , but I still wore earplugs just because I'm already half deaf , and I didn't want to damage my ears more. 

fIsince08 said:
VetteIfan said:
I watched the whole race at Silverstone back in 2005 with no plugs. I was 10 at that time, so it's manageable. I even distinctly remember some very drunk Columbian's nearby to me sleeping through some of the race. It's not to say the V10's weren't very very loud, but it's like any noise you listen to for an extended period of time. It's kind of a weird phenomenon to explain. Best example I can give is you can fall asleep in front of the TV while it's on and running, but if you fall asleep when it's off and someone turns it on it would probably wake you up. You just get used to the surrounding noise as second nature. 
Whereabouts were you?
In between Becketts and Chapel.  

As well as that, the reaction from the drivers to that journalist who asked what must have been one of the worlds longest and complex questions was pure gold. 

You know you're gonna get a good press conference where you have a back row of Hamilton, Hulkenberg and Rosberg. I know it needs to be fair and equal but they really need to get the big guys together more often in press conferences on Thursdays. Not only are they normally more interesting to hear from, but they're always more entertaining too.

Comes back to this point made a few months ago by someone on the forum. Wherever your allegiances lie, F1 is gonna become a lot more boring place when personalities the likes of Hamilton, JB, Vettel and Alonso move on. 

VetteIfan said:
As well as that, the reaction from the drivers to that journalist who asked what must have been one of the worlds longest and complex questions was pure gold. 

You know you're gonna get a good press conference where you have a back row of Hamilton, Hulkenberg and Rosberg. I know it needs to be fair and equal but they really need to get the big guys together more often in press conferences on Thursdays. 
That was hilarious. They were trying their best not to laugh. Usually I get bored during the press conferences , but that one was just brilliant. Sebs answer about the Kimi question was gold too.

VetteIfan said:
Comes back to this point made a few months ago by someone on the forum. Wherever your allegiances lie, F1 is gonna become a lot more boring place when personalities the likes of Hamilton, JB, Vettel and Alonso move on. 
I think that certain someone was incredibly smart to say that. ;)

VetteIfan said:
I think that certain someone was incredibly smart to say that. ;)
So we can rule you out then ;P

This is very odd.
http://www.espn.co.uk/abudhabi/motorsport/story/184833.html?CMP=chrome
Grosjean has a 20 place penalty for changing so many power unit components.
He probably won't be able to serve them all at once
They can't be carried into the next round as this is the final event
Therefore the FIA have decided that any places not made up will result in race penalties.
If 1-5 places aren't made up, he will have a 5 second time penalty. 6-10 a 10 second time penalty and any more a drive through.