Sign in to follow this  

2014 ABU DOUBLE GP : THE TITLE DECIDER

Makes me wonder whether it's worth him racing at all if that's the penalties he's facing as he'll be effectively last anyway regardless of what happens.

Jiggy said:
https://vine.co/v/OJdKneTnnvw
Lol that is awesome!
I bet when he got asked about what he said, he'd say "I don't remember saying that, I'll have to have a look at it to see what happened"

(going back to Spa)

Thank god no points for qualifying :# P2 is all that's needed in the race, but Lewis is known for beating Nico in a race right back to Karting o:)

fIsince08 said:
This is very odd.
http://www.espn.co.uk/abudhabi/motorsport/story/184833.html?CMP=chrome
Grosjean has a 20 place penalty for changing so many power unit components.
He probably won't be able to serve them all at once
They can't be carried into the next round as this is the final event
Therefore the FIA have decided that any places not made up will result in race penalties.
If 1-5 places aren't made up, he will have a 5 second time penalty. 6-10 a 10 second time penalty and any more a drive through.
No point in turning up, he best off sitting down with a cup of tea and enjoy watching the ham-ros battle. 

Pressure got to Lewis. Two scruffy laps when it mattered. Still in a position to go and win the title but the Williams are a lot closer than it initially looked like they'd be and will be there to pick up any scraps in the race. 

VetteIfan said:
Pressure got to Lewis. Two scruffy laps when it mattered. Still in a position to go and win the title but the Williams are a lot closer than it initially looked like they'd be and will be there to pick up any scraps in the race. 
Agreed, Williams have been getting better and better as the season goes on, not sure if its because they are still focusing on this years and car and Merc are already focused on next years car.... either way, from 1.5 to 2 secs off the pace at the start to onl;y 0.5 secs of the pace is pretty darn good.

(note, im not opta, my stat gathering skills are not perfect lol)

You know the race hasn't even happened yet, right? :p 

I'm not worried, feeling quite relaxed about Hamilton's chances. Williams may look close in qualifying, but come the race they'll start dropping back after a few laps.
Rosberg has generally been stronger on the super soft tyres than Hamilton so I was expecting pole for him. But with a heavier car and soft tyres to the end, after the first stops, Hamilton will probably be stronger and better able to control his own pace.

This is being blown up into a big giant fight, but really I don't imagine anything crazy for tomorrow :)

SASBlink said:
VetteIfan said:
Agreed, Williams have been getting better and better as the season goes on, not sure if its because they are still focusing on this years and car and Merc are already focused on next years car.... either way, from 1.5 to 2 secs off the pace at the start to onl;y 0.5 secs of the pace is pretty darn good.

(note, im not opta, my stat gathering skills are not perfect lol)
According to Pat Symonds Williams haven't actually brought many developments to the car during the season. They just started off the season with a very good car, and all the developments that they have brought to the car have worked (bar one, apparently). 

I think Abu Dhabi just plays right in to their strengths. Long straights and slow corners, just like Austria and Monza where they've also been at their strongest this season. 

Nico can now back Lewis right into the field providing he stays ahead at the start. Lewis has just made it whole lot harder for himself and I'll be pretty surprised if Nico doesn't try and back him up.

I wouldn't say he choked otherwise I  think he'd have lost out to the Williams just made a couple of really minor errors that's all . But I think if he keeps that composure as long as his car doesn't break down on him he has the championship in the bag

Tbh I didn't see Lewis chocking, Nico has been faster all year in qualifying. Sadly for him you get F all points for that, Lewis makes him his bitch more often than not in races. o:)

Hughesy said:
Tbh I didn't see Lewis chocking, Nico has been faster all year in qualifying. Sadly for him you get F all points for that, Lewis makes him his bitch more often than not in races. o:)
So Lewis had a perfect lap in Q3 ? He was quicker all weekend and made 3 or 4 mistakes in Q3 which pretty much gifted pole to Nico. I think it's pretty fair to say he choked but he'll probably still win the WDC tomorrow.

Hughesy said:
So Lewis had a perfect lap in Q3 ? He was quicker all weekend and made 3 or 4 mistakes in Q3 which pretty much gifted pole to Nico. I think it's pretty fair to say he choked but he'll probably still win the WDC tomorrow.
I don't think he choked. Out of the last 6 qualifying sessions that were run using super soft tyres Rosberg has taken pole in 5 of them. I'd say Rosberg get's along better with those tyres than Hamilton does, wheres Hamilton is better with the soft tyres that'll be used for the majority of tomorrows race.

Hughesy said:
I don't think he choked. Out of the last 6 qualifying sessions that were run using super soft tyres Rosberg has taken pole in 5 of them. I'd say Rosberg get's along better with those tyres than Hamilton does, wheres Hamilton is better with the soft tyres that'll be used for the majority of tomorrows race.
And one of those was Monaco...

Hughesy said:
My point was its has nothing to do with choking (spelt it right this time lol) Lewis has been poor all year in qualifying and Nico has been great, it's not something that has suddenly started happening, if that's choking then Nico has choked all season when it matters...

Hughesy said:
Yes that is true , but like I said , Lewis was faster all weekend and had he not made those mistakes , he would have gotten pole imo.

JB: "I am here to do the best job I can and say goodbye to people in the right way" 

Pretty much as close as you're going to get to confirmation that this is Button's final race. 

Hughesy said:
Yes that is true , but like I said , Lewis was faster all weekend and had he not made those mistakes , he would have gotten pole imo.
But you gotta remember that being fastest in practice doesn't really mean anything :p Plus after FP1 and 2 Rosberg said he still had "time in his pocket", so he wouldn't have been showing his full potential.

Plus Hamilton hasn't seemed comfortable with the car when it's on a light fuel grippy tyre run for a few races now, with locking brakes fairly often. Rosberg hasn't seemed to have the same problem, but once they get to the race it seems to reverse and Hamilton looks happier in a heavier car whilst Rosberg doesn't.