Sign in to follow this  

2014 ABU DOUBLE GP : THE TITLE DECIDER

I'm so pleased! The right man won definitely, into the third world title! 

However, I feel very sorry for Nico, that title should not have ended like that and what a gent, gracious in his defeat. 

I feel it's a shame that this title will be looked back at in the future as having a 67 point gap between the drivers when in reality it should have been 42, because of the stupid double points. Good riddance for next season!

And ffs McLaren, you'd better keep Jenson for next year because he is streaks ahead of Magnussen right now. If that is Jenson's last race in F1 then I'll be so disappointed.  

YEEAAAHHH WOOOOOOO!!!!

Get in Lewis! Deserved champion. 
I said there was nothing to worry about, you all just fretted over nothing!
I do feel sorry for Nico though, he did his best all season, and it was great to see a humble side to him and to accept who did the better job. 

I do echo what others have said though, I would have loved to see Massa get another win. Williams would have deserved it to finish off what a awesome year they've had.

Oh and McLaren, if you don't resign Jenson.. well I don't even know anymore. 
Also it was a nice touch with Prince Harry coming on the radio in the end.

Well played Lewis! :D :p :D

Always love seeing a champion crowned , even if it wasn't the one I wanted. History in the making. 
Lewis definitely deserved this one , and it was nice of Nico to keep going until the end. 

I'm really , really looking forward to next year though. Hopefully we'll have another great championship between the Mercs next year. It'll take a while to get used to Seb in red. Can't wait for the car reveals and the testing. Also can't wait for the Race Of Champions. Brilliant year and looking forward to another great year next year.  :D

Yeassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

you fucking beauty!

After all these years full of pain, bad luck and shit! Finally!!!

you think it's bad supporting Lewis ? It's been 8 years since Alonso won a WDC. 8 YEARS !!!!  :( That's the last time a driver I support won a world championship.

Yeassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

you fucking beauty!

you think it's bad supporting Lewis ? It's been 8 years since Alonso won a WDC. 8 YEARS !!!!  :( That's the last time a driver I support won a world championship.
Oh my sweet child of summer, try supporting Massa, its brings a tear to my eye everytime I think of 2008 and the accident an such :'(

you fucking beauty!

I was a bit selfish, but hey, today's our day.

Call me crazy, but I think Fernando is going to win one more WDC in his career. He would deserve it.

SASBlink said:

you fucking beauty!

Oh my sweet child of summer, try supporting Massa, its brings a tear to my eye everytime I think of 2008 and the accident an such :'(
Oh I could not agree more. Also Hockenheim 2010.
Everytime I watch 2008, I'm still cheering when Vettel passes Hamilton, still jumping around when Massa wins, and I just go so cold when Glock dawdles around Juncao. Every time, even though I know what is going to happen, I still expect Massa to take the title he earned.

It's been a tough 7 years when your a fan of Massa & Raikkonen...

you fucking beauty!

I was a bit selfish, but hey, today's our day.

Call me crazy, but I think Fernando is going to win one more WDC in his career. He would deserve it.
Lol , I wouldn't call it selfish. Anyone who isn't a Vettel has been feeling so much pain . Thank God it has ended. 

I'm afraid I don't agree with you about Alonso winning one more WDC though. Leis and Alonso are a class above anyone else imo , and it's a shame both of them won't finish with more than Vettel.

SASBlink said:

you fucking beauty!

Try supporting Chilton. He was showing such potential to win a championship and then Marussia folded. :(

Rosberg choked? ;)
No he didn't choke his car did. In fairness though I don't think he'd have stopped Lewis today I don't think Nico would have beaten him anyway, even with a fully fit car Lewis was just in top form and he's pretty hard to beat when he's racing like that and Nico knows it. He knew he was racing out of hope something might happen and credit to him for doing that as it must have crossed his mind to throw in the towel especially after Lewis lapped him.

alonsofan46 said: 
Lol , I wouldn't call it selfish. Anyone who isn't a Vettel has been feeling so much pain . Thank God it has ended. 

I'm afraid I don't agree with you about Alonso winning one more WDC though. Leis and Alonso are a class above anyone else imo , and it's a shame both of them won't finish with more than Vettel.
It's harder than you think being a Vettel fan. The amount of success he's endured is partially cancelled out by the fact he's the most hated guy in the sport and his fan base is generalised as a youthful glory hunting bunch of sore losers, which doesn't do much good for his proper fans' reputation.

But hey ho.   

Rosberg choked? ;)
No he didn't choke his car did. In fairness though I don't think he'd have stopped Lewis today I don't think Nico would have beaten him anyway, even with a fully fit car Lewis was just in top form and he's pretty hard to beat when he's racing like that and Nico knows it. He knew he was racing out of hope something might happen and credit to him for doing that as it must have crossed his mind to throw in the towel especially after Lewis lapped him.
I was talking about his start. His car was fine at that point, he spun his rears too much and handed the lead to Lewis.

@VetteIfan Nice avatar ;)

Got to say (and people who don't have it won't like this) but Sky F1 have done a marvellous job this season. They have done the best coverage I have ever seen. So much more incite and extra stuff compared to what other broadcasters have done. :)

I was 13 the last time someone other than Vettel won a title. Give or take a Quarter of my life ago.

VetteIfan said:
alonsofan46 said: 

It's harder than you think being a Vettel fan. The amount of success he's endured is partially cancelled out by the fact he's the most hated guy in the sport and his fan base is generalised as a youthful glory hunting bunch of sore losers, which doesn't do much good for his proper fans' reputation.

But hey ho.   

Seeing you with that avatar, I have to say: Whatever happens to me from now on, this is a memory I won't ever forget. :p :p

Thanks for keeping to your promise. Now promise me to keep that avatar until Seb wins another WDC. ;)

Rosberg choked? ;)
I was talking about his start. His car was fine at that point, he spun his rears too much and handed the lead to Lewis.

@VetteIfan Nice avatar ;)
I think the way Lewis was racing though today he'd have found a way past anyhow. So I don't think Nico's bad start really would have mattered