F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any chance of getting the AI to stay fast in corners (even as backmarkers)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUeIU0Bkk4

The Ai are by far the best yet! Always been the best of other race games but the backmarkers can be scary dudes! I just made a quick vid to show them bottoming out or braking way too hard on a corner, a fast tight corner. It would be better if they just stayed fast around corners and slowed on the straights, as it is you can see (the second car, first was a failure so just taking last second evading action (was paying too much attention to the backmarker ahead, the second car)) the guy takes way too much action on slowing and avoiding before I'm even there, as he went right off the track inside to avoid me when I was too far off, I stayed inside as I knew that he would then go opposites, you can't take that line and keep it without spinning lol! Avoidance without crashing is easy enough but as you can see it is still pushing it, I could slow down more and normally do but you'd waste too much time if you slowed to how slow this style of slow goes.

Any chance of this being made so they don't brake so heavily please? @Faya

Not slowing in the straight lol. He still had the chance to make the corner at the perfect trajectory at a decent speed. But I agree with you, even that slightly exit of the limits was no reason for that brake. This year the ai sometimes brake for nothing, I saw them doing so for no reason, they re good placed, nothing happens in front, absolutly no reason. There are those and other reasons that I think the ai needs attention for following pathes. To be honest, the only thing, in my opinion, better this year then 2017 is their agressiveness when battling. What bothers me and some others in this forum is they beeing too slow at certain corners and sometimes in train. But I agree with you f1 still a good ai game ;)

Not slowing in the straight lol. He still had the chance to make the corner at the perfect trajectory at a decent speed. But I agree with you, even that slightly exit of the limits was no reason for that brake. This year the ai sometimes brake for nothing, I saw them doing so for no reason, they re good placed, nothing happens in front, absolutly no reason. There are those and other reasons that I think the ai needs attention for following pathes. To be honest, the only thing, in my opinion, better this year then 2017 is their agressiveness when battling. What bothers me and some others in this forum is they beeing too slow at certain corners and sometimes in train. But I agree with you f1 still a good ai game ;)
Interesting you noticed this slowing for no reason, it would make sense for what happens sometimes with me, but I never took enough notice to see them braking for no reason, just that when I was close enough I assumed it was always because of me! When the AI went off track so oddly as above I didn't even see blue flags, and being too far back I likely wouldn't have caught him until toward the end of the 2nd straight anyway. Although this isn't the best example as the failure car would have affected the AI a bit anyway even with the green flag so soon after the slowing car. As this has happened before without other AI intervention.
Fingers crossed a patch helps this unusual braking issue then :) I'd rather be slowed fighting a backmarker than out of the race by a brake test lol

Even if was a blue flag didnt justify that kind of behavior.
Well it depends, if you are on their side from the inside sometimes they break not to ram you, what Im talking about is driving behind an ia car, about 2 or 3 cars from distance and suddently they brake very hard. When watch the replay from their perspective there s absolute nothing that justifies the brake. To give an example, at the eau rouge at spa, wich in f1 is flat out, I was from more or less that distance behind a car, at the end of the first turn (left) he just pulled on the brakes hard, even if he has damage the brake was too harsh. I sow the replay from his perspective, the other cars were far away and absolutly nothing happened.

The worst one for me is the entry to the chicane at China. It's a very odd-angled corner that is very narrow on exit, so once they park it on the entry apex they tend to drift wide into the limited space on the outside (which quickly becomes the inside to the entry of the 2nd apex of the chicane).

It's been like that since at least 2016, though, so I don't expect it to be fixed any time soon.

I dont know I understand what your are saying. If what s Im thinking there s nothing to be fixed there. You wanna wide that corner with an early apex, so that you can entry the chicane with a late apex on the first turn. This allows you to be well placed for the second turn of the chicane, so you can get out faster for the flat out section that follows.

I dont know I understand what your are saying. If what s Im thinking there s nothing to be fixed there. You wanna wide that corner with an early apex, so that you can entry the chicane with a late apex on the first turn. This allows you to be well placed for the second turn of the chicane, so you can get out faster for the flat out section that follows.
You are correct, you don't understand.

Ho3n3r said:
Maybe, I thought you were talking about turn 1, that leads to the entry for the first chicane (turns 2 and 3)

squalles said:
yes... since 1.05 patch the AI giving you the position like in blue flag
I didnt update yet because I dont have an internet connection at home.
Is that really? Your not the first I see saying that but I dont see any mentions for the ai on the patch notes.

squalles said:
Is that really? Your not the first I see saying that but I dont see any mentions for the ai on the patch notes.
codemasters never make mentions for this, even on f1 2017 when make the same thing

Ho3n3r said:
Maybe, I thought you were talking about turn 1, that leads to the entry for the first chicane (turns 2 and 3)
1. I was talking about backmarkers being lapped.
2. No, the first 3 turns aren't a chicane. The chicane is just before the long straight that leads to the hairpin.

Ho3n3r said:
Ho3n3r said:
1. I was talking about backmarkers being lapped.
2. No, the first 3 turns aren't a chicane. The chicane is just before the long straight that leads to the hairpin.
Ah sorry dint understant you were talking about backmarkers. Not turn 1 but turns 2 and 3 are a chicane. You can also think t1 and 2 as the same corner that tightens, 2 perspectives. But moving on yeah I see now where you re talking about sorry

squalles said:
squalles said:
codemasters never make mentions for this, even on f1 2017 when make the same thing
Well maybe its better not installing the patch. Thanks for the advise ;)