F1 2019 Game Ideas

Also also make it so you can develop cars and parts wear out in multiplayer because I love playing in a league but it would be great with development and anyone wear

Perhaps a big improvement would be adding split-screen
Otherwise, Scott from ITB would say "When my friend comes over, I'm gonna have to play 52-card pickup; 0/10"

I was thinking a complete career from Karting to F1 just a thought

I think it would be fantastic if we could create a personal team (11th team on the grid), choosing chassis between one of the 10 real cars. If would fantastic if we could create a personal livery for the car, choosing the team equipment's colours too.
I'd like to use this personal team in the Multiplayer/Online mode too.
It would be a dream!

I'd defiantly 2nd the earlier comment about Creation Options...Didn't see it was already posted...Paint your own Car or Paint Booth, be able to use Liverys or even Decals....Create your own Team - The Sponsors are pretty boring cause you don't have a lot in F1...

Fantastic job on Classic Cars in 2018 but 1) please have the tacho read the revs when firing up engine in pit bay & cockpit view is selected, 2) Assign a race suit to each podium driver that matches their car colour scheme instead of bland colour for everyone, 3) play respective National Anthem for winning driver & constructor country of origin, keep up the great work & great not to experience software glitches like other race games, cheers Ramjet41, South Australia

Simply the best experience to qualify at Monaco in the Classic 79 Ferrari using manual shitfer/wheel & a race simulator - top job guys!

Ich würde es gut finden, wenn man in der Feinabstimmung mehr einstellen kann (wie zum Beispiel bei GP2 -3. Das hat MicroProse 1995 schon sehr gut gelöst). Eine kurze Übersetzung ist ein kleiner Anfang bis hin zu Packer sowie langsamer Rückstoßdämpfer. 

Beschreibung besser bei der Feinabstimmung

auch toll wäre, WENN Kai Ebel, David Coulthard oder so Interviews machen Könnte.

aber es gibt ja immer Luft nach oben =)

I think you should be able to create my character, this is only because the there isn't any ones available to my choice of nationality (South Korean) 
It would be nice to be able to create your own team, engineers etc which also means the design of  your car team. 
To have a manager career, where you analyse things as well as racing.
I'd also like to see that amount of fans you have, such as losing fans and gaining. Due to your actions,
Also to have the option of having an career, from karts to get to F1 as my goal.

Thank you :smiley:

F1 seriously needs a manager mode like FIFA.
We can start by creating my own team and designing the livery. At first we get few sponsors which later increases, better sponsor show up when the team does well and the car develops further.
- Also we can create a player like FIFA games rather than just selecting any previously created driver faces in career mode.
Also we need drivers to change teams in career mode. Like, Hamilton joins Ferrari in a shock move after the season ends! I want to see moments like that happen during the career mode.
- And please include Formula 2 & Formula 3, a player career should start from F3 rather than jumping straightaway to drive for Mercedes.

is live commentary so hard to work in this game ? (just like FIFA,Pro Evolution Soccer and NBA 2K series)

nice to see something like "real hud" in the game

for example ;

and one more thing,how about record the driver's real voices for the "team radio" not so much sentences,but a few should be good to hear in the game..

I hope for one they can do some more work on Bahrain and Singapore graphically.  To me these two tracks have been going backwards instead of forwards visually.  Maybe they had to compromise to allow for better handling mechanics, who knows..

Here is Bahrain in F1 2015...

Compared to how it looks in F1 2018...

I know its not at the top of the agenda but I really can't fathom how the visuals have been going backwards in some areas.  Don't get me wrong 2018 was a huge step forward compared to 2017, minus the aliasing issues.  Small things I hope get reworked for the new game.

I hope this game comes to the mac since I know a few people already who own a mac and own the 2017 version of the game which was available on the mac app store and would love to see the new version on there as well. Adding in custom sounds that are the same as the sound irl from that team would be a nice addition. Also night scenery can have an upgrade where i found Bahrain to be worse than the years before. Also maybe some more frequent radio updates even if you don't ask for it would be great. And The radio talk in Mexico seemed buggy this year where you couldn't understand sometimes what they were saying might be a problem with my version of the game tho. Also maybe add in more variated grid overlook by the commentators as for every race the commentary is nearly exactly the same

and one more thing to add I wish...

national anthems before the champagne music... ::smile:
  • Like 1

F1 2019 must haves.
1. Be able to drive in and out of pit lane into your pit box etc as a option so over run your grid etc cost u time run crew over etc 
2. better graphics so many now have gone more realistic on graphics ie tracks etc.
3. couldn't we start f3 or f2 and your career starts there you have to work your way up and if doing well get a invite to test drive and so on.
4. longer crash scenes if I crash id like to try limp home with broken front wheel etc more realistic damage get a puncture you drive too fast it falls apart wrecking the the floor etc. 
  • Agree 1

I really enjoy career mode - but it would be nice if the car changes every year. So for the 2019 game, when you start Career mode can pick an option to do the career in just the 2019 car, or you can have a 5/10 year update, so when you start you are in a 2009 Car and then next year 2010....

Long shot, but it would be nice if you pick pick the year you would like to start. So you could pick to drive a 1994 Benetton Ford, and you would race the tracks form that year...

They should add a type of career mode that is a bit more casual as in you don't have to do the practice sessions/R&D tree, also that you wont have to deal with the engine management

also you should be invited to do a test and then join a team, I think that this was a feature in F1 2006, i might be wrong

• Agree 1

Personally wish they’d add a setup engineer that recommends what setup adjustments to make based on feedback given to them, would also help with newcomers to the game that feel a little overwhelmed by the setup screens. 

Also as mentioned above I’d personally love for the career mode to be more difficult. Similar to the older F1 games where you had the young drivers test and only the bottom few teams were unlocked to start with. Could perhaps add an option in the menu to unlock all teams for those that want to jump straight in with a higher team and keep everyone happy. 

Would also love to see some changes to the practice sessions with more variety of things to do to reduce it from feeling like a bit of a grind.  Maybe focus on testing new R&D components so things aren’t so repetitive and can vary depending on what’s been added to the car. 

Aside from that I’d like to see a few classic tracks in the game, and perhaps a few such as Goodwood and Brands Hatch which can be used for the classic car events during the career mode. 

Anothering thing id personally like to see this year is the official HUD and pre-race screens to mirror the official style as we see on tv.  Not to mention much more improved cut scene animations and character models. 

My 2 cents:

1- customizing helmets, like Gran Turismo Sport, with sponsors patches and stuff like that.

2-The chance to reset all the developing for all teams when a new season starts

3-Fix the actual Ers system. When you full develop the upgrades you can run a long 25% lenght gp at full hot lap. It's lame

4- the ai must be improved, better reactions to what happens in the race, and their ers shouldn't be forever charged at maximum. The tyre degradation and temperature should affect their pace too.

5-the contract system needs to be improved. It's strange that you win a championship with a place below contract and your value for team decreases anyway.

6-by the way, when you win a championship, or a race, give the satisfaction needed. There's only a cheap cutscene and nothing else from the team. A message, some kind reward to improve immersivity for the player.

7-give us a way to customize the appearance of our driver instead of that terrible pre made models (the female are terrible)

8-better replay options, more realistic cameras and the chance to jump to a certain lap of the race.

9- better and extended cutscenes on the starting grid. who cares for the planes? I want to see the driver getting ready for the race, with mechanics and so on around the grid

10- a general improvement for the models of people. they look very outdated and unnatural.

I think it would be nice to add stickers or sponsors on your helmet. 

And also add some more realistic crashes and flat tires. More first lap crashes.

-be able to walk around the paddock and in the garage

-after one season make some random driver switches to make the field totally diffrent

For me the most important improvement (Codemasters please take note) Is to improve the AI drivers aggression. Both in single player and career mode.

Codemasters (even though the F1 games are great) and we're thankful for them. You've never, got the AI aggression right. In F1 2018 it's just abysmal. I'm fed up of been, barged off the track, time and time again. Please Codemasters patch this, or fix it for the next game. Maybe put in a option for an aggresive slider, or take more care, when building the AI coding and aggression. This is really annoying me at the moment, making me angry and spoiling the full career game immersion. It is making a good game bad. Just look at the old games, from yesteryear, that had satisfactory AI. F1 Challenge 99-02 and Grand Prix 4, just to mention a few.

Other things I'd like to see, which as already been mentioned here, is pre-season testing (start at the end of the first season) and link with resource points?Connected to that some management immersion. Just like the old F1 Manager and Grand Prix World games, on the pc. If you play games like modern madden, you will see that you can operate in the front office. Where you can change price of fan shirts, food prices and even upgrade your stadium. So a little more management Simulation.

What about car telemetry with a simple 101 guide. Again like the old F1 games as mentioned above.

Let the player have more control on speed in the pit lane, instead of been taken over, by the computer, even when you have it on the manual setting.

I used to like ( I think it was F1 06?) where when you pitted and entered your box, for tyres etc, you had to interact with button presses (on your pad and in relation to the screen) in a sequence, to determine a quick or slow pit stop.

I've always liked the idea of starting your career in Gp3 and F2 and starting there. Then you try to move into an F1 race seat. But that could be quite difficult to do? Again (aka F1 06?) start as a test driver. Which I used to love, back in the day.

Also let's have more classic F1 tracks. That would be nice. Instead of the present short tracks, like Silverstone short.

Well that's it for now, with my relevant input and ideas. I do  know though, that when I stop writing this,  I'll probably think of some more ideas.

But until then, thank you Codemasters for giving us a solid, F1 simulation.

Edited by mg160

- F2 and F3 

And if they can't because of licensing, I'd be happy with generic F2 and F3 cars and made up drivers that can get into F1. I don't want karting as I do karting in real life lol.

- transfers

I don't know why they can't add this feature. Players in FIFA can sign for another club during the career mode. 

- team orders

I opened a thread about this. F1 is a team sport and it's crazy team orders have never been implemented, literally every championship in my career mode has been decided by lack of team orders, imo this kind of kills the realism and the experience as this is not how F1 works.

I don't think we need anything else, well they can improve the AI ( aggressiveness, strategies etc. ) and a few other things but the game is great the way it is already.

Edited by AlessandroCimar