F1 2019 Game Ideas

Hey there! I’m going to move this over to the F1 General Discussion forum so it’s in the right place. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post!

I think a few good things that would make the overall experience better for the f1 2019 game are.

1. more customizable elements to the game, E.g being able to customize your helmet with sponsors, being able to customize your character more so that it looks more like you, like in the FIFA Franchise.

2. A progression System so that people can choose to start in f3 and build your way up or be able to choose which formula you start in. i feel like going any further than F3 would be difficult as they have a limited time and a limited amount of staff.

3. Better podium Celebrations. the podium celebration has stayed relatively similar throughout the games.I think that there should be more of a variety of celebrations for example we could have special celebrations for certain drivers, E.g Daniel Ricciardo's Shoey or Lewis Hamilton throwing his trophy in the air.

4. More Realistic Crashes and reliability. There should be more turn 1 or lap 1 crashes to make the game as realistic as possible. Also there should be an option for the player have random reliability issues like engine or gearbox issues and the AI shouldn't have as many grid penalties.

5. Better Pit Stops. you should be able to actually drive to your pit box when your in the pits. this could cause a problem in multiplayer but there is an easy fix to that which is ghosting while in the pit lane. 

6. Being Able to customize the grid.

7. Having new liveries introduced every season to make sure the grid looks different every year

8. Driver Transfers. This would just make it seem a lot more realistic as i doubt we will constantly have the exact same drivers for 10 seasons. 

9. Different Tracks. There could be new tracks added like Hanoi in the 2020 season and silverstone being removed.

10. pre season testing where you could get a certain amount of resource points (depending on which team you chose or how well you did in the season) to allow you to develop the cars during testing.

11. Red flags to be reintroduced. these need to be added back into the game as it just is not as realistic without them.

12. Classic car championships where you would be allowed to choose a classic season and race in one of those cars against a grid of the same cars but with different liveries.

13. more realistic AI. the AI could sometimes spin out or crash during the course of the race to allow the player to feel like its more realistic.

Edited by Rqving

On 12/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Guest said:

My suggestions:
- Manual cooldown lap after the session has finished
- More flags (red, double yellow, white, red and yellow flag together)
- Modify AI aggression and behaviour (make them block other cars or you)
- Realistic physics with car
- Walk out of car and roam freely around garage (or if stopped on track, walk into the back of an ambulance)
- Enter into cooldown room after race
- Driving safety car or other emergency vehicles
- Access other parts of a track we normally don't go
- Make cars bounce in air when in contact with wheels
- In some severe crashes, impact catch fence or jump over walls
- Grass, gravel trap more bumpy
- AI making their own mistakes such as spinning out, scraping a wall, driving off course, cut a corner
- More dynamic weather system (stormy, heavier rain)
- Spectator mode, similar to the mode on 989 Sports F1 games, but offline races
- More driver frustration when colliding with another car or a wall
These suggestions can go for career, single-player and/or multiplayer

On 12/16/2018 at 2:04 PM, Guest said:

Add the ability to create your own F1 car liveries. I believe that that would be a very welcome addition.

Also, Formula E. The new cars look so cool and really good to drive. Please add Formula E in next year.

Finally, add new podium celebrations please. I think they have been the same since 2016.

I agree But won't ad formula E Its only official f1 Game so be only f1 in it Formula E should get own game studio be only way 

I would ask Codemasters if F1 2019 game can have all the classic cars that we have in F1 2018, but also add F1 cars like the beautiful green Jaguar, and how about Toyota in the 00's, and i hope to see blue Benetton and yellow Jordan in F1 2019!! I would be great to have these cars in F1 2019 game... I think many others like them also... 

My wish list for 2019 is very short. Mechanical failure for the player. I would definitely envisage this being an option like car damage so anyone wanting to drive around in an invincible car can do, but if I compete in a championship I want to do it on equal terms to the AI competitors. Fair and square. For them to suffer mechanical failure and me not to is not a ‘simulation’ but is really compulsory cheating and takes any sense of achievement out of winning. 

That said F1 2018 is not a bad game and is good for a bit of fun. Just misses something so fundamental and (I imagine) easily remedied to make it great. 

Very important thing need to change in F1 2019 game is when you pass a driver that come out of pitlane or on track the AI car is almost completely standing still on track. They loose many second in that lap it happens...

Another thing is damage on the car in Time Trial because when you crash, even if it is very hard, you can drive around as if nothing happend. This is not realistic at all

Posted (edited)

Better visualisation in spectator for qualifying.

Quali is such a important and exciting thing, but with those sector times not really showed (only in the edge right on the top) there is missing those feeling.

So pls give us some real sector times in the middle for the qualy like it is in RL.

f1qualy.thumb.jpg.fd84bdcd0444ab5f85c4ffec020b0765.jpg

Edited by KiLLu12258

Posted (edited)

I started back before code master (2005) and I remember when doing test laps the game would suggest car setup, this would help anyone having problems getting the car setup with high/low down force , tyre settings gears, basically everything you needed. It gave you options to change. That's more real.

In racing and reply each car should have similar gas in the cars, ie my car was showing 5laps over which I added, every other car was approximately 20 laps heavy.

Penalties need fixing why I get penalties for divers behind me hitting me...lol

Edited by Hygradeb

Realistic info screens just like ;

maxresdefault.jpg

Realistic team radio sounds from drivers...

not so much sentences but,a few mostly used ones...

Posted (edited)

I think the R&D AI should be much harder. I also think there should be much more action during the races. The aggression is okay, but they should be "dirtier". They are still racing too cleanly and too robotic. They should be brought to a point where things like the crash at Spa 1998 could happen or smaller ones like the start at Singapore 2017.

Edited by CompLex1986
  • Agree 1

On 3/14/2019 at 8:53 PM, Hygradeb said:

I started back before code master (2005) and I remember when doing test laps the game would suggest car setup, this would help anyone having problems getting the car setup with high/low down force , tyre settings gears, basically everything you needed. It gave you options to change. That's more real.

In racing and reply each car should have similar gas in the cars, ie my car was showing 5laps over which I added, every other car was approximately 20 laps heavy.

Penalties need fixing why I get penalties for divers behind me hitting me...lol

Pit lane race start practicing to help us who go without race assist

Posted (edited)
  1. "Speed Sensitivity" controller input setting.
  2. "Steering Sensitivity" controller input setting (not the same as steering saturation).
  3. Proper 0 deadzone for GPAD, no anti-deadzone or at least adjustable.
  4. Cockpit camera's settings saved per vehicle.
  5. Historical F1 to feature correct TC settings and adjustable whilst driving.
  6. Sharpening filter setting to combat TAA blur.
  7. More reliable mic system in MP. Currently doesn't always work.
Edited by Coanda

On 3/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, KiLLu12258 said:

Better visualisation in spectator for qualifying.

Quali is such a important and exciting thing, but with those sector times not really showed (only in the edge right on the top) there is missing those feeling.

So pls give us some real sector times in the middle for the qualy like it is in RL.

f1qualy.thumb.jpg.fd84bdcd0444ab5f85c4ffec020b0765.jpg

I've done it by myself the image in the red square (only for the player) .... so i think that also codemaster can do it without problems.

the question si... they want?

It would be very good if Codemasters announced a competition for the best tire textures for F1 2019

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, Oasis81 said:

I've done it by myself the image in the red square (only for the player) .... so i think that also codemaster can do it without problems.

the question si... they want?

I see no reason why they should not do something which makes qualifying a lot more enjoyable. This is something great for Esports too.

as you said its easy to add.

Edited by KiLLu12258

my suggestion: 1) you have to show the time and the partial ones (if the driver is improving or not) when we watch a rival during his fast return.

2) press conference on Thursday.

3) after choosing the helmet, appear on the helmet the visor of the team.

Posted (edited)

I liked your ideas but as was said, it's impossible some things because sponsors and contracts problems 

My suggestions are: 

-  Add more classics cars, for instance, Alfa Romeo 1950, Mercedes 55, Ferrari 56, Lotus 1962, Lotus 1965, Lotus 1968, Tyrrell 1971, Tyrrell 1976, Brabham 1983 and Benetton 1995. 
- Add classics tracks as old hockenheimring, old monza, kyalami, jacarepaguá, estoril and buenos aires.
- Drivers exchanging teams among themselves over the course of the seasons and, also, put generic drivers in place of that driver who retired itself (yes, drivers retires would be funny and realistic, but I don't know if the businessmen and own drivers would like that, but it's just a suggestion)

Edited by PIMENTA95

I still have points to add:

-GP 2 Cars

-Random Punctures for AI and Player (Like random Front wing damage)

-Better interview System

-More realistic Puncture System and VSC

Ideas: PS 4 platform

- Support of all steering wheels, before allend Fanatec

- Finally realistic track limits, Regular is too little and too much is too strict

- Please finally laser measured distances as in GT Sport
- faster processing of errors, significantly more updates
- the most important, finally significant differences in driving aids
It can not be that one is favored with driving aids, the fastest pace should be driven without driving aids in any case as regards the technical driving aids
- Better helmet design mode, more options and more patterns
- More views and options for people who work in peer mode, especially important for streamer of online leagues
- finally realistic vehicle setups, just like now it's more fantasy than realistic
- In career mode, AI driver teams should also change and current junior drivers should also be available, Testdriver
- Before a career season you should also be able to drive in Barcelona as in the real F1 test drives + Young Driver Test + also the test drives during the season

• Like 1

Hi

As a not very good driver its always handy to have some sort of mode in the game that lets you drive a couple of rounds and calculates your driving skills that picks the right difficulty for you to drive in. I find it very hard to pick the right difficulty. I would really love to see this

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, fastmilo said:

Hi

As a not very good driver its always handy to have some sort of mode in the game that lets you drive a couple of rounds and calculates your driving skills that picks the right difficulty for you to drive in. I find it very hard to pick the right difficulty. I would really love to see this

How about a interactive "Driving School Mode", where we have to follow a trainer / instructor car on track and or in the pits whilst listening to the narration of Jeff, who will give detailed information and tutoring for all different, relevant, scenarios of racing?

eg.: race starts / qualifying / consistency / braking, turning, accelerating points / tyre saving methods / ers and fuel management / racing etiquette (very important, many people don't seem to know how to properly attack or defend a position, nor how to drive clean and fair) / racing strategy (when to pit, what tyres, how to over- or undercut) / weather changes and handling optimizations / how to setup cars correctly... list goes on.

F1 Racing on N64 by UbiSoft had a similar Driving School feature and if combined with several, relevant, racing scenarios, as in Gran Turismos Drivers Licence feature, it would create a fantastic starting point for newcomers and interested players alike to have a easier time understanding all game mechanics and how to make the most out of racing itself.

Here is a video of a driver following a instructor to learn the ideal racingline:

In my opinion for F1 2019 this large list of ideas that we the community  came up with collectively, probably is too late to be considered for new additions to the F1 2019 game i guess, but for future titles i hope that CM will have a look at what their customers want and take most, if not all, ideas into consideration to create a cracker of a game that even non F1 lovers will want to have a go on.

Still, from a realistic point of view, sadly CM's trackrecord of the past wasn't as good as possible, in terms of listening to what the fans had to say and actually implementing said features into their products, but F1 2019 and onwards might break the spell.

Let's be positive

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Video included

I hope that in general the game graphics will be improved, like some said there are some tracks that do not really look any better than in 2015.

Also a more realistic PIT stop experience would be cool, for instance with project cars 2 you can drive in and out of the pit yourself.

And like I had hope to see in F1 2018 is the possibility to use VR.

I signed up for the beta, so i hope i get a chance to improve the game and filter out any bugs.

• Agree 1

The driving without driving aids should be rewarded, that means be faster.
Who travels without traction control should definitely be faster than someone who uses the TC. Currently one is partly faster with TC than without, that can not be.
There are many people who do not like that!

Please codemasters that must change.

Many Thanks!

• Agree 2

• Lap times in each session should be similar to real life. Right now time trial are sometimes 15 to 20 seconds faster that in reality. It makes me think that someone is able to cheat the system.
  • I would like to be able to save replays. The whole session in each session. I stream and broadcast so in order for me to create  content after a 100% race, I have to watch and record manually the replay using other software. It doubles the time that I spend with the game. I have to allot 4 hours for each race at one time. -very important.
  • There are still graphical glitches. Even though the weather system is most realistic among racing games, sometimes the game stops or stutters during gameplay in heavy rain. I have to turn down my graphics settings even though I can run at 60fps under Ultra settings.
  • Its 2019, it is still hard to find online races in North America. All of my bandwidth is wasted as I have no one to race against.
  • Can you sneak in the Malaysia track? Just for giggles. 
  • Last but not least, I would like more movement in the helmet cam. More "look to apex" so I see the mirrors. Also, Tilt during turning.

Physics. Don't let me desire to play other games. The physics engines in other games are more detailed. I know it can be done in the F1 title. Give us that option to turn it all the way "ON"

• Like 1