F1 2019 Game Ideas

Posted (edited)

I hope that, during heavy rain, the spray other cars leave is much bigger, so at some point we can have some visibility issues, especially when really close to cars in front. In the past games, you can just be pushing the car in front and see everything. This is something I do really miss and want to see. I might also change how the prediction is shown, as you can always adapt your strategy to when is rain goin to start/stop. Less information and less reliable one would be nice.

The rest have already be mentioned, but I would like to insist on two:

Player's car failures. Reaching 100% and breaking the car is so unrealistic, considering the AI isn't on that position. It should be related to the upgrades we make on the I+D section.

Control on pit entering and exiting. I think is really easy to implement, and, I undertand it can be difficult to stop the car on the perfect spot, so we can have an area in which we have to stop and the stop would be "validated", so mechanics start changing tires. If not, we should correct our position.

This last two could be optional, so people looking for more and less realism can find their way to go along with it.

Edited by Berseker511
  • Agree 1

Hello folks!

I will now tell you a view ideas, that would make F1 2019 perfect for me!

Maybe sth was already mentioned, didnt read the whole forum

1st: I would love the "Thursday Pressconference". Maybe it could be a random choice, whether you are in there or not. You could answer a few general questions.

2nd: You have Sportsmanship etc. Why dont you add another bar for like fans? If you say funny things sometimes, are very nice to other drivers, be honest, that all gives you a boost of what people all around the world think about you! The better they like you, the better the team likes you, or other teams will get more interested in making contracts with you!

3rd: Damage

I dont want the damage to be super realistic - wouldnt make that much fun actually. But a little bit more damaged parts would be nice. If you touch with someone, your floor gets damaged, or like Sainz vs. Verstappen (example), the suspension breaks and the tire isnt stable anymore.

Also, a little bit more details on the tire wear would be nice, I would live flatspots aswell!

4th: Random failures

By pure random (you can turn it on or off) parts of your engine stop working, or the engine itself completely fails. Would be so AWESOME!

5th: Teamorders - If you dont listen to what your engineer sais, team reputition goes down!

6th: Own team in Carreermode - even though its not possible I think

7th: Helmetdesigns (Sponsors etc.) More possibilities to configure.

8th: A lap after the race and driving into the parc ferme. Wouldnt be that hard to make I *think* and would mean so much for many of us! I promise! Manual pitstops would be pretty nice aswell (or random failures during pitstops, tire not fitted right) That + Point Nr. 4 could be added as "Random events"

9th: Marshalls clearing the crashed car, or the car shouldnt disappear after 10 seconds at all. Why safetycar then?

10th: AI Form:

Vettel had a bad race, crashed out

--> Form sinks, performance even more bad for the upcoming races

I could even tell you more, but it just would be too long!

-Nick

Ps: I am from Germany, so the english wasnt perfect for sure! Have a great evening/day everyone

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Random failures for player could be good BUT if you get failure your team and reputation should stay same because it isnt your fault ofc.Still i think it is hard to find good balance in failures (depends on team, engine wear, location, weather) so i think if they dont implement it correctly it could be more frustrating than awesome.Especially in the 100% races.

6 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Random failures for player could be good BUT if you get failure your team and reputation should stay same because it isnt your fault ofc.Still i think it is hard to find good balance in failures (depends on team, engine wear, location, weather) so i think if they dont implement it correctly it could be more frustrating than awesome.Especially in the 100% races.

You are right. But they need to be in it this year! My rivals have an engine failure nearly every race and the championship gets boring. It could be set to xx percent per lap chance of random failure. And then they could balance it the right way. I really want it to be in game this year. It always was one of the must have things for F1 for me personally

What are your thoughts about classic tracks,

we have a list of classic cars at the moment, it would be cool to drive these cars on classic tracks aswell. (zandvoort imola and so on)

6 hours ago, Menze92 said:

What are your thoughts about classic tracks,

we have a list of classic cars at the moment, it would be cool to drive these cars on classic tracks aswell. (zandvoort imola and so on)

Would be interesting, but for me not neccessary: I just want a better overall game to drive the F1 2019 Season or a nice career. No need for classic cars/tracks. I try them once, but not twice normally!

I wonder I am the only one who wants that feature...

it will be great if i complete the race strategy programm in training that i can have a look on tyre strategy for race like this menu before race where i can set my strategy.

That will be a great thing so i can see what tyres i should drive in Q2

This menu i mean it will be great to have this after the training programm

D27FDA06-F534-47B2-AE7B-C3BCEF1FFE58.png

Online replay option, leagues online, highlights after a race (all overtakes/accidents recap,online and offline), peeps in radiotraffic, cooldown lap, better crashes, gridgirls monaco, better facial animation, more activity in the pit and croud, more leaderboard options (sort cartype/nation/weather, quali  for esport ingame, online competitions with prices, a proper beta (also an openbeta) so codies have a cance to fix gamebreaking bugs at release.  

21 hours ago, vpilotnick said:

Would be interesting, but for me not neccessary: I just want a better overall game to drive the F1 2019 Season or a nice career. No need for classic cars/tracks. I try them once, but not twice normally!

Every once in a while it's fun to drive something else than the regular cars.

But indeed the graphics and also a improved career mode with adjustments to the  damage model and so forth are the number one priority

Also a more realistic experience would be enjoyable. it would be cool to drive your car in the pit during a pitstop, and also stop in time so your team can change the tires.

Maybe a kind of ultimate team of fifa with your car and you improve it and play online with races, tournaments, rankeds maybe can be cool

Hey guys!

This is part 2 of my game ideas! In this part I will go deeper into current problems I want to be fixed in the 2019 game. Yeah, its a bit late, but its still possible to do changes!

1st: AI Racestrategy.

In 50% races, the Racestrategy of the AI is horrible, and its leading into really unrealistic standings after the race. In Monaco there was a McLaren, a ToroRosso and a Williams on the podium. Why? Because they did a 1stop, qualifying outside the top 10. Every other driver did a 2stop. Some tweaks need to be made there!

2nd: Qualifying in Careermode

Qualifying outside top 10, the standings are based on the performance of Season 1. Also, I dont like the actual simulation of the Qualifying. It seems so "scripted", times are always the same.

3rd: Customise weather in Careermode and Championshipmode. Honestly, I hate rain, and its way too often in the races of the career mode. Tell me a race in the 2018 season it has been raining in. In F1 2018 it is in like every 3rd or 4th race. Why cant you customise it? Unrealistic? Well, then dont provide flashbacks (dont remove them, just saying xD)

4th: Even better AI. Doing moves on the AI in F1 2018, they steer suddenly right into the wall, brake way too early, while beeing side by side in corners they just brake and go the opposite direction. AI is good, but needs to be even better.

5th: More info from the race engineer. Very simple. He even could ask questions you answer yes or no to (voice recognition), and he answers aswell, depending on your answer to him

6th: Teams show interest for you. I dont want to ask teams if I can drive for them, I want them to ask me!

Mabye another part is coming!

Have a great night guys!

Nick

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

1) option to switch failures off for AI

2) add a "medium" option for track limits. I've ran wide over kerbs and lost time yet still get a penalty

3) grow the development tree further in career for the car

4) Someone's idea from above - add another bar in career for popularity with fans which influences whether teams want you. This would add another layer to the game of whether you decide to answer interview questions that raise your own team rep, the individual departments or fan popularity.

5) improve AI car development on career - teams develop car too slow, maybe add a difficulty level for this?

6) Pre Season testing - similar to the tests you do in practice you can have a set number of tests that you attempt to complete (set 5 consistent Lap times on worn tyres, or 3 laps on heavy fuel load etc) depending on how many you and Other AI teams complete will alter grid order slightly- not saying for Mercedes to go from quickest to last but maybe teams move around a few positions in grid order. You could even have a very brief summary at end of test that shows how teams performed.

7) bit more AI consistency in terms of performance across all circuits

8 ) general visual improvements (tyre wear, spray from rain, car damage, punctures)

9) Customise grid order for single race weekend 

And finally.....

10) add all previous tracks from codemasters games that had DRS (Istanbul, Nurburgring, Valencia, Korea, India, Sepang) have the option of calendar changing up in career mode (maybe option yourself to change it, teams vote on changes or game does it random.

EDIT:  OH AND FIX the random fast sectors glitch from some AI where they are 2 seconds faster than anyone else in practice or qualy!

Edited by Turtlemoose
  • Agree 2

This looks promising what do you think? Codies should implement something like this.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I drive in cockpit view and I like this view but I would like to see suggested gears. This would help me alot and don't understand why it's not already in there like the other views.

I am sure I already mentioned it would be nice for the actual team to help with setup suggestions like in way older F1 game (different company made it I am sure)

I love talking to the pit than try to search but can we get more conversations from both side.

I want to ask more about the car and race and told more.

I.e.

What time delta I need to catch up with driver in front.

What delta I need to keep ahead if I can.

How many laps expected before I could catch up with car ahead.

Basically I want to feel more like the driver than some one watching TV.

Shorter command words like from the drivers to pit .

Like box box or just pit —when I want to box 

Edited by Hygradeb
  • Agree 1

To add onto the previous two, the qualifying sessions when you get knocked out, after mid to late career with upgraded cars, are automatically defaulted to the first season car in performance and likely to have better or worse performance than later in the career.

This is a bit of a nitpick idea that I've mentioned before. But an MFD option to select the basis for the live lap delta (either on dash or HUD) would be nice. Having the option to switch between the following:

• Personal session best (quali or race)
  • Previous session best (for quali)
  • Overall session best (quali or race)
  • Driver in front previous lap (for race)
  • Driver behind previous lap (for race)
  • Delta to target lap time

Furthermore,  having a concept of target lap times generated from the race strategy would be nice. I mean the strategy projections in this game are pretty basic linear regression, so if it has a calculated race laptime at a certain fuel load and tire wear level, it should be trivial for it to generate the "expected time" for each individual lap. Naturally, switching up the tire strategy mid race (or inclement weather) could make this a bit more difficult, but if it has the ability to generate the AI laptimes, it should be able to create a target laptime for the driver. Heck, to go really simple, it could just make the target lap time whatever your teammate is doing (assuming you are on the same strategy).

And building on that, improving the race strategy practice program would be nice. Instead of just a single compound, low fuel, 3-5 lap run. I think you should pick your "proposed strategy" for the race, and then do 3-5 laps out of each stint. So if you are doing 1 stop, softs-mediums. Then do 3-5 laps on the softs with full fuel, and then 3-5 laps on the mediums with 60% fuel. That will give far more meaningful strategy laptimes than the current system.

for all voice radio communications, have it so that they can ALL be shown as text popups. I have turned Jeff off and life has improved, but I am missing information. have the option to popup text and stay there until a programmable hotkey to get rid of it, or a scroll box (and hotkey to navigagte that) of all text so I can bring up the latest and previous, or option for how long to keep text there.

Think its time for another part with my Ideas/wishes
I know its late, but better late then never

1: After retiring, there shouldnt be that black/white filter and you loose control. Why cant we get into the pits or place our broken car trackside? Would be very cool!
2: After the formation lap, I would love to be able to park the car myself. (Can turn it on/off for sure)
3: Pre season testing would be awesome aswell. Try to get as much data as possible
4: Save replays after a race, or at least you should be able to look further back! I had a nice start, leaving the first two corners and I cant watch it in replay!
5: Real graphics (Positions, Quali sector times etc.)
6: It may sound a bit complicated! But I dont like the current R&D Tree thing. After 3 seasons I dont know how to get as much speed out of it as possible. I myself would find it better, if the cars get SLOWER during the curse of season, and by upgrades you keep it at the actual speed. Not realistic at all, but would appreciate it

More things to follow!
PS: I know that they arent adding my features for the game, especially 3 months before the release. But I want to share my thoughts with you and who knows, maybe we'll see some of them in a few years!
Have a great start into the week!

Posted (edited)

Would be good idea that end of practice etc instead of jumping to the advance screen or interview, we can go back to the pit and review our data .

Infact the race director should be part of Timing instead of me coming out the game to view it.

All practice information infont of us in the pit not seperate 

We should have a real championship offline that follows the real race with updates and car problems.

In practice program Track, Tyre, Fuel and ERS should show a screen for each tyre you go out on so we can see the difference

Edited by Hygradeb
More info

Posted (edited)

What I want:

- A VIRTUAL MIRROR, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

- The AI adapting their pit strategy to safety car and wheater (prolonging a stint if it's about to rain/pitting earlier to take advantage of the SC when it is deployed).

- More race distance options (a slider, maybe?), the ability to choose how we want tyre wear to be scaled.

Edited by Gonira
  • Agree 1

Okay so we will probably be able to form our own team this year, build the car on our own and make a really cool Livery for it awesome I love it, Hopefully Classic cars make a comeback as well they are really fun to drive. I really love Driving on these Classic Race tracks but the reality is that they are Probably tied down to licencing if they are in the F1 Calendar no headache if they arent then the Dev's probably need to go out of their way to secure these tracks at the cost of extra licencing Fees. I had this thought why not let the game have a custom Track Builder wherein we can Build our own tracks, Yes first thing some one does is make Nordschleife, Imola, Brads Hatch, Fiji Speedway then someone goes on to combine a bunch of tracks like say Monza and Silverstone maybe even throw in Spa to really mess the car Balance up and ruin race strategy's, but what would then start happening would definitely be people making street circuits of their own locality I would love to race a F1 Ferrari to victory right outside my home on the streets of Bombay, maybe we get the LEGENDARY London GP finally or a Las Vegas race, New York race, Maybe a Mario cart race track? or some crazy race track that navigates through some dessert Sand Dunes? along a river and then above in like on a bridge? or heck lets have a race in a canyon with hill walls and valleys as our track limits, a 80 km long Sprint track? (305KM official race distance) these are just some crazy thing that can happen more than 80% of the tracks made will be rubbish and undriveable but some real gems might just show up, i'll build a race track that sorta combines the elevation changes on Eau Rouge with the twisty turns of Nordschleife (Forrest version) but still wide enough to handle a 3 way side by side car battle, or a Silverstone based stadium version to more feel like the Suzuka S Curves kinda track, obviously this is not something that can be made and implemented this year possibly not even next year as they would have to build the actual interface and system that works out how the lighting works since there will be no one to manually bake it in (not like ray tracing works here) by simply putting in the sun orientation day light racing should be possible but night time racing will be impossible. (neither do we have head lights) but it should be possible as I have seen a race track builder (App / Game?) which can be used for Assetto Corsa. only major issue that i see may happen is the tracks (custom) wont have accurate buildings trees mountain backgrounds? as such itll have to be alot of reused assets that are already present within the game.

another feature that I would really enjoy would be the ability to configure custom races. Now I'll be honest seeing Alonso kick ass in WEC I too tried my hand at sims with WEC cars but they are really difficult to drive to be honest plus I am really used to the handling of F1 car's from CODIES they tend to make it more fun and F1 cars with their central seating position is just more comfortable than running a WEC car through a tight pair of turns while hitting the Apex. (now I have seen others do it I am just saying that I am personally finding it really difficult to do so) so if we can add the ability to have a endurance race with F1 cars that would be super dope refueling would need to be reintroduced obviously (the hardest bit) and engines are something i doubt would last the race distance unless you are able to control the cooling and all, tyres would be the next tricky bit but I honestly believe  depending on the grip and temps the Hardest compound would be the most used here with night time probably needing sticker stuff that can pick up heat much much faster.

Ritengo questo titolo davvero fantastico, ma credo che ci siano davvero molti aspetti
da dover rivedere e migliorare. Elenco quelle che sono le mie idee a riguardo.

- Grafica e aspetto REALISTICO.
  E' chiaro ormai che la maggior parte degli amanti
  del genere racing, desiderano la vera simulazione
  e una grafica sempre più reale.

- Comunicazioni radio e commenti più diversificati e puntuali
- Un sistema di dialogo vocale con i box più umano (troppo meccanico nelle opzioni e nel dialogo) 
- Incidenti in partenza e durante la gara
- degrado gomme visibile: blistering, graining ecc. e...CONSEGUENZE nella strategia di gara 
  (le gomme sono un aspetto fondamentale nelle gare di f1)
- Migliorare il rumore delle auto (forse campionarli)
- Carriera: f2 e in seguito f1 (inserimento della categoria inferiore)
- Eliminare le interviste (sono inutili davvero)
- Collisioni più realistiche con danni per l'intera auto
  (non solo braccetti e ala anteriori)
- Crash collisioni più realistico
  (parliamo di urti ad una velocità di 200 o 300 km)
- Danni auto più vari, diversificati e frequenti, con eventuale ritiro dalla gara
  (guasti meccanici, elettrici ecc ecc ecc)
- Le forature devono essere più realistiche (devono prima delaminare, poi esplodere e poi distruggersi)
- Rari grandi e spettacolari incidenti (in ogni sessione)
- Guida manuale posizionamento in griglia ON/OFF
  (CONSIGLIO - mettere in evidenza la linea a terra rendendola lampeggiante e florescente
  e, nel momento di stop, si attiva la guida automatica per renderti più preciso sulla posizione in griglia)
- Guida manuale intero percorso pitstop ON/OFF
  (CONSIGLIO - mettere in evidenza il tuo box a terra con un segnale luminoso
  e, nel momento di stop, si attiva la guida automatica per renderti più preciso sulla posizione e nella frenata)
- Animazioni e commenti più vari e diversificati (a lungo diventano ripetitivi e noiosi)
- Ordini di scuderia: l'introduzione di ordini di squadra, se non sei in lotta per il campionato
  o comunque se sei il secondo pilota, in una situazione particolare, ti verrà chiesto di far
  passare il tuo compagno. 
- Marshal che escono e puliscono i detriti invece di scomparire
  (discorso valido anche per le auto danneggiate fuori pista)
- Personalmente potreste curare tutti questi aspetti al meglio per la stagione corrente invece di dedicarvi
  all'inserimento di vecchie auto, sezioni aggiuntive inutili e campionati alternativi.

We need lap times in every qualifications, like the time i set in Q1 should be available in the GUI with a delta and a predicted / target lap time in Q2. It's in almost every other games, it shouldn't be hard to implement and in F1 2018 it's a huge missing feature 

On 4/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, GLeo1978 said:

Ritengo questo titolo davvero fantastico, ma credo che ci siano davvero molti aspetti
da dover rivedere e migliorare. Elenco quelle che sono le mie idee a riguardo.

- Grafica e aspetto REALISTICO.
  E' chiaro ormai che la maggior parte degli amanti
  del genere racing, desiderano la vera simulazione
  e una grafica sempre più reale.

- Comunicazioni radio e commenti più diversificati e puntuali
- Un sistema di dialogo vocale con i box più umano (troppo meccanico nelle opzioni e nel dialogo) 
- Incidenti in partenza e durante la gara
- degrado gomme visibile: blistering, graining ecc. e...CONSEGUENZE nella strategia di gara 
  (le gomme sono un aspetto fondamentale nelle gare di f1)
- Migliorare il rumore delle auto (forse campionarli)
- Carriera: f2 e in seguito f1 (inserimento della categoria inferiore)
- Eliminare le interviste (sono inutili davvero)
- Collisioni più realistiche con danni per l'intera auto
  (non solo braccetti e ala anteriori)
- Crash collisioni più realistico
  (parliamo di urti ad una velocità di 200 o 300 km)
- Danni auto più vari, diversificati e frequenti, con eventuale ritiro dalla gara
  (guasti meccanici, elettrici ecc ecc ecc)
- Le forature devono essere più realistiche (devono prima delaminare, poi esplodere e poi distruggersi)
- Rari grandi e spettacolari incidenti (in ogni sessione)
- Guida manuale posizionamento in griglia ON/OFF
  (CONSIGLIO - mettere in evidenza la linea a terra rendendola lampeggiante e florescente
  e, nel momento di stop, si attiva la guida automatica per renderti più preciso sulla posizione in griglia)
- Guida manuale intero percorso pitstop ON/OFF
  (CONSIGLIO - mettere in evidenza il tuo box a terra con un segnale luminoso
  e, nel momento di stop, si attiva la guida automatica per renderti più preciso sulla posizione e nella frenata)
- Animazioni e commenti più vari e diversificati (a lungo diventano ripetitivi e noiosi)
- Ordini di scuderia: l'introduzione di ordini di squadra, se non sei in lotta per il campionato
  o comunque se sei il secondo pilota, in una situazione particolare, ti verrà chiesto di far
  passare il tuo compagno. 
- Marshal che escono e puliscono i detriti invece di scomparire
  (discorso valido anche per le auto danneggiate fuori pista)
- Personalmente potreste curare tutti questi aspetti al meglio per la stagione corrente invece di dedicarvi
  all'inserimento di vecchie auto, sezioni aggiuntive inutili e campionati alternativi.

Quoto tutto e sarebbe un sogno, in particolare sulle collisioni più realistiche. Al gioco mancano soprattutto elementi di immersione (più eventi casuali e realistici o comunque piena padronanza della vettura sia dopo un incidente sia sulla griglia o ai box). Il problema è che tutto ciò non è ben visto dalla FOM e Codemasters sotto molti aspetti ha le mani legate (sotto altri invece potrebbero realmente fare un po' di più). A pensarci mi viene da piangere, non si danneggia nemmeno l'ala posteriore con un contatto pesante con la modalità che chiamano "simulazione", è davvero ridicolo.. e pensare che negli anni 90 gp3 di Geoff crammond aveva danni estremamente più realistici di f1 2018!

Can we change the topic to ideas for F1 2020 as it is too late for codies to implement new ideas at this stage?

Have been asking this for a few years now and we keep coming closer to realize it with the new implementations I saw this year like fake liveries and sponsors. I would like to see an F1 manager mode. You can start your own team, manage your drivers, manage your crew, manage sponsors and be at the pitwall during the races. I know Motor manager exists but codies have the resources to make the races much more interesting as they can provide actual video of the races.