DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 100% Career On Youtube

great race, absolutely hate the Hungaroring,, i can not compete with the AI at all. My race was 100% wet, running at the tail end of the poimts, 2 laps from the end got on the kerb and spun of into the barrier lol what a waste :) 

Can't argue with you there, hate it with a vengeance myself, that sector 2 kills me every time :-)

Well, unfortunately Monza appears to be the last race in my career, as my autosave became corrupt today. I have backups of course, but seeing as the autosave deleted itself automatically, the game won't recognise my last healthy savegame, even though I copy over my entire backup folder.

If anyone can offer any advice on what I may be doing wrong - I have a completely healthy backup file, which will only cause me to miss two races - but without an autosave file to match, I'm at a loss as to how to load it.

*Update - Managed to get it working it seems, though I'll have to drive the Belgian and Italian Grand Prix's again. Oh well, could be worse.

Hi Chris, watched all your races and hopefully learned something!!!!  You need to finish top 3 to win this Championship assuming Hamilton wins the race. Awesome stuff, great commentary too.
All the best
Neil

Hey Neil, thanks for the feedback - Gonna drive Abu Dhabi later tonight, fingers crossed I don't mess up again like last year :-)

Great Job Chris, brave or stupid to hang on to the win final race, well I guess that proves you are a racer!!! What is the next challenge?  You are the best in the McLaren, can you make it more difficult for yourself or will you have to step back in terms of a car?

Either way I hope you continue to post your races!

Best wishes

Neil

Thanks, felt good closing out the season with a win.

I actually haven't decided what to do yet, I might see if I can't find another AI mod that makes the AI a little more realistic when it comes putting the player under the pressure and overtaking, and go for another season. Got offered a drive by Mercedes after the last Grand Prix here.

I might also try and drive a full season in cockpit cam mode with TrackIR, which should most likely make things a little more difficult as well :-)

So Chris I have noticed very few attempts to go with a lower number of pit stops for tyres ( Be it 2 or 3 depending on race length) does that mean it is not achievable or not even worth considering in these simulations? The wear from car to care seems hugely different.

Tough to say really.

IMHO the way tyre wear affects the player, one stop races are almost a guaranteed way of losing 1,5 secs per lap, late in both stints, and given the fact that a pitstop usually only costs about 20 seconds, it just doesn't seem worthwhile trying.

And yes, tyre wear seems very different in certain cars. I remember how surprised I was with the tyre wear in the Toro Rosso, after getting used to the Lotus, which seemed very easy on the tyres. Also, the McLaren seemed to get better mileage out of it's tyres than the Ferrari :-)