Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Well the geniuses at CM have done it again... Can you pretty please "GHOST A DRIVER A LAP DOWN IN A SPRINT RACE!" or do you enjoy your customers swearing your name up and down for your lackluster coding of a problem that has plagued the series since inception... you didn't want to hear what I had to say after I came from 12th to 1st and get wrecked on the last corner by some back marker!#%&*!#$^#

O.K, CM can't pick and choose who buys there game but a driver (I say that with much hesitation!) that is a lap down (in a 3 lap race!) is either... A: just there to wreck ANYONE! or B: can't drive and should pull over but thinks that taking you out is fun... I'm not saying that you have to ghost longer races, just "Sprint Races" I also didn't " crash into him" he turned right into me while I was passing him... anyone who is fast and wins a lot has seen this but, alas I guess your not one of the lucky few... wake up.

As said this is more of a problem built into the fact that some people out there are just colossal morons who take pleasure in taking time out of their own lives to annoy others. It happens in all racing games unfortunately.

League racing is also not really a solution as not everyone can commit to a schedule that league racing requires, plus you need to know someone or have had the luck to have raced with one in a public lobby and got noticed.

That being said, should there ever be an option like that to stop it from happening then I'm all in favour since the "avoid" option (on Xbox anyway) doesn't really make much difference.

If you were doing 20+ laps an got trashed on the last corner by a back marker then i would feel your frustration.... but 3 laps? its not worth complaining about. :)

As for blaming CM? That argument is completely unwarranted  you cant blame them because someone using the game they made is a utter troll. That's like blaming a supermarket because someone bought a common meat knife from them and went on murderous rampage with it, not their fault that someone is a raging lunatic. :)

I know it's yet another option, but would be good if you could set up a lobby and one of the race options was to ghost back markers. Leagues would always turn this off and public lobbies could set it on. 

As people say above, it's not Codemasters fault, but if they could help us out with our little problem then why not. 

PS:- Blue flags, we're really not getting them this year.

Thats not their fault though is it?  thats the back markers fault, or your own.

i'm the last person to stick up for codies but you're just using them as an excuse for a race that went badly for you.

more cars 'ghosting is the last thing we want, ghost cars are not realistic, crashing into back markers through your own fault of theirs, is realistic, it happens.   it's part of racing i'm afraid.   
It's a massive issue though. There must be players numbering in to the hundreds who start a race with their main objective to hold back a lap and ruin as many other drivers races as possible. It has plagued the online lobbies for years and the ghosting idea is the only viable solution in my opinion. What harm would a ghosted backmarker do?

....and to say 'It's all part of racing' is nonsense clearly. Purposely crashing into the leaders by backmarkers is not part of racing is it?

TMDol said:
Thats not their fault though is it?  thats the back markers fault, or your own.

i'm the last person to stick up for codies but you're just using them as an excuse for a race that went badly for you.

more cars 'ghosting is the last thing we want, ghost cars are not realistic, crashing into back markers through your own fault of theirs, is realistic, it happens.   it's part of racing i'm afraid.   
It's a massive issue though. There must be players numbering in to the hundreds who start a race with their main objective to hold back a lap and ruin as many other drivers races as possible. It has plagued the online lobbies for years and the ghosting idea is the only viable solution in my opinion. What harm would a ghosted backmarker do?

....and to say 'It's all part of racing' is nonsense clearly. Purposely crashing into the leaders by backmarkers is not part of racing is it?

Have you heard of Pastor Maldonado ?    kek.

You took my comment out of it's original context i wasn't implying back markers deliberately crashing into the leader is part of racing, but it does happen, and it has many times.   
But this is a computer game, where real life rules and statistics do not apply. I can only disagree with you as I believe this particular issue is big enough to become Codemasters responsibility to fix. If in real world racing there were backmarkers deliberately crashing into people it would be resolved instantly by the governing body in charge.

Do you not see it as an issue that needs addressing at all?

finding leagues is not hard. do a google search. I'm in two leagues atm. both on different schedules and in different timezones