Jump to content Jump to content

Info Request - Multiplayer – Stuck at “Waiting for players” when loading into a race.

Faya

Hi all,

We have an issue that we are tracking that we need more information for. Could any players that have experienced the following issue please let us know in this thread, giving the requested information below where you can.

Issue: Multiplayer – Stuck at “Waiting for players” when loading into a race.

If this has happened to you, please let us know as much of the following as possible.

• What platform are you playing on?
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot?
  • Were you the host?
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked?
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players?
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played?
  • Were there any Host Migrations?
  • If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them.

Please only post in this thread if you have had the issue mentioned. Any off topic discussions or other issues may be removed.

Many thanks,

• What platform are you playing on? - XBox One
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? - See video
  • Were you the host? - No
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? - Ranked
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? Just players
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played? One-shot qualifying went fine, waiting for  players at the start of the race
  • Were there any Host Migrations? - Don't believe so
  • If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them.
https://mixer.com/OneSeventyOut?vod=55646910 (session in question starts from 30m 30s in)

• What platform are you playing on? PS4
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? WAS GOOD, SORRY NO SCREENSHOTS!
  • Were you the host? NO.
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? UNRANKED.
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? JUST PLAYERS
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played? 50%, OSQ, ONLY INVITE SESSION, BELGIUM, 20/20 PLAYERS, NO SPECTATORS. NO ASSIST, NO HOST MIGRATION, CLEAN WETHER.
  • Were there any Host Migrations? NO.
  • If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVEN'T.

Issue: Multiplayer – Stuck at “Waiting for players” when loading into a race.

• What platform are you playing on? PS4
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? , No Idea , as the Screen is black
  • Were you the host? No ,
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? Ranked , but before this happened an Unranked Custom Lobby (I wasnt the host)
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? Just Players
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played?
  • Were there any Host Migrations? No
The Stuck on the black "Waiting for players” screen , happens as soon as I played any session , then back out of it to find another lobby , then this happens.

Basically , I can even make this happen by searching for a Ranked 5 Lapper , getting into the Lobby , and then backing out of it again. Upon trying to search for another Lobby , you get stuck , and have to restart the Application.
 I am not sure if my issue is relevant to the original topic. It's similar enough, however, so I thought I'd post my info. Maybe it helps...
  • What platform are you playing on? - PC
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? - don't remember sorry
  • Were you the host? - no
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? - ranked
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? - no AI
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played? - raced played without a problem. After the results the lobby never loaded, there was an infinite race end animation - see video
  • Were there any Host Migrations? - don't remember sorry
  • If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them. - I have linked the video - this is what I have due to Shadowplay length settings

Next time I'll try to make a longer video. Anyway, in this race everything went perfectly normal until the results screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGWatDp6j6w&t=0s&index=22&list=PLxLFsgWmdkvNOurDV8wDXusdsD1fOgPei 
  • What platform are you playing on? PC
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? Video to follow
  • Were you the host? Unclear who is host
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? Ranked
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? Just players
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played? One of several Ranked MP Lobbies
  • Were there any Host Migrations? Probably but see "Were you the host?"
  • If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them. Video to follow
Hoo said:
@drKotasz - do you also have access to the video of that session prior to the results screen shown in your video? Thanks.
Yes, I found a longer version, thank God I was recording anyway. The footage begins at the end of the one lap qualifying session. This is all I have, the pre-race lobby was not captured. Hope this helps kill those bugs :)

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAh4JxDOl64&t=1s&index=23&list=PLxLFsgWmdkvNOurDV8wDXusdsD1fOgPei
What platform are you playing on?
PC
How was the Lobbies connectivity? Could you grab us a screenshot? 
Good. 
Were you the host?
No
Were you playing Ranked or Unranked?
Ranked
Were there any AI added or was it just players?
Just players
Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played?
It happened after Quali and had 18 players ready to run at Baku. 
Were there any Host Migrations?
Yes and it lasted 5 minutes
If you have any full videos of the session (of the incident and what you were doing before the issue), please link them.
I wasn't recording but I'm ready to starting doing this in MP. 
  • What platform are you playing on? - xbox 
  • How was the Lobbies connectivity? - can’t  connect Could you grab us a screenshot? Yes. 
  • Were you the host? No
  • Were you playing Ranked or Unranked? Unranked 
  • Were there any AI added or was it just players? No
  • Could you give us a quick rundown of the full session that you played? 20 runners, 50% length, equal cars, full damage, modern cars. It’s been really a bad issue for awhile. Enough for me to post. 
  • Were there any Host Migrations? Nope

Archived