Sign in to follow this  

THE BEST F1 GAME EVER, BUT...

I can't understand how is possible don't have the column on the left with the drivers' detachments in real time and the tires fitted.
On pc with mods is amazing. Why Codemasters don't do this?
I play with ps4, and it would be necessary for tactics and strategies, off and online.
For a Software House as Codemasters that is professing the will to aim at simulation, it is unacceptable not to have what was said above.

I hope in an answer from @Faya .

Maybe they could add it in a patch for the F1 2019 season DLC ;)

I know why they haven’t up until now though because pretty much everything in-game uses the same font for coherency, whether it be the fonts for the menu, hud or even the font they use for the display of the drivers wheel in-game.  I do hope they can introduce it at some point though :)

The is a few things the have took out of game that should be in as it wad usefull stuff over the  years it would be good to know time to nearest car when make a pit stop so know har far or behind the car is ur going to be coming out of the pits .speed trap data. you should be able to see ur team mates race stragergy before race. time to leader what ever postion ur in the had that in 2016 it would also be good to know what ur teammate is doing on track in practice sessions so if he doing race or quali runs be good to know so u can go out same time to compare 

The broadcast style is for viewing Formula 1 on a TV screen as a spectator. Why would you want a list of all the drivers and where they are? You are on the track. What is in front and behind you is important. The team does the strategy, you do the racing. You can always ask Jeff for the drivers positions. 

It is way too distracting to have the broadcast style as a hud. It's made for watching a race on TV, not to use as driving aids like the HUD codemasters made.

@BelgiumDude
Why not just change the artwork and design to the official one and leave the displayed informatikon as it is? That would make the game even more immersive I think.

@BelgiumDude
Why not just change the artwork and design to the official one and leave the displayed informatikon as it is? That would make the game even more immersive I think.
Because I have seen already much of mock ups and they always start to include stuff that is distracting and unnecessary. The new Liberty TV broadcast style is really awesome on TV but it's alsof very unrealistic. Have you seen the new animations for Driver Transmissions? It's awesome for TV but none of the drivers see the GP like that. When you start mimicking the broadcast style you run in all of problems of making it less distractive.

I like the approach that codemasters take because it is focussed on a drivers perspective.

I used that mod for a while, it is pretty cool. It doesn't mesh with the design language of the game and I miss all the information that is provided in CM's interpretation.

The broadcast style is for viewing Formula 1 on a TV screen as a spectator. Why would you want a list of all the drivers and where they are? You are on the track. What is in front and behind you is important. The team does the strategy, you do the racing. You can always ask Jeff for the drivers positions. 

It is way too distracting to have the broadcast style as a hud. It's made for watching a race on TV, not to use as driving aids like the HUD codemasters made.
No no no. For you, maybe you don't see the use. Some find talking to Jeff distracting, but we don't say that Jeff is not needed let's not have him as an option. I would happily have this on screen. That area of the screen might be useful if mirrors worked, but they don't. So some people would be happy to have it display all racers positions. 

Are you sure you can't think of a reason to see all those drivers and their gaps? Like perhaps finding a gap to pit into???? You could rely on the team but of course they aren't real, are simulated and likely just go with what was set for strategy or Jeff's stupid mandatory 'do you want to try this new strategy' BS. 

However, strongly discouraged by the CM developers, I found the fantastic SimDashboard app, which also allows you to view via smartphone the live rankings, with partial sectors, lap, fitted tires and positions.
This is perfectly valid and integrated for offline play, unfortunately for the online (even talking to the developer of simdashboard @StryderIT ) the players all have the name "PLAYER".
I am attaching an image for your information.
7a1f215844e2a9606ced184d2ea2bf2bjpg