Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Location Spotlight: Sepang

Built in 1999 and located in Malaysia, the Sepang International Circuit has hosted a variety of major motorsport events, most notably the Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix which has taken place every year since its opening.

The primary route consists of 15 turns and 8 straights with plenty of overtaking opportunities along the 5.543km of track, so it should definitely make for some great racing in GRID Autosport.

Now for some science; the track surface was built using a specially formulated bitumen compound, a mixture of hydrocarbons that are obtained during the distillation of petroleum. This special compound is not only incredibly smooth but it also helps protect against the tropical Malaysian climate.

...Read More

ahh yes Kuala Lumpur or as I love to call it Swampa Lumpur :p because more often than not it rains when I race there and rains heavily too not every time but a lot of my races there tend to be wet

Surely the racing season there doesn't coincide with the monsoon season, or does it?

Frank

Looked up some climate data, and KL gets about 8 feet of rain per year, average.  Pretty wet for racing, I reckon.  Around here we get 12-13 feet per year, average.  Rain tires, anyone?

Frank

RubyRuby said:
Looked up some climate data, and KL gets about 8 feet of rain per year, average.  Pretty wet for racing, I reckon.  Around here we get 12-13 feet per year, average.  Rain tires, anyone?

Frank
well I don't think weather is in the game so I don't think they'll be needed but I've found that it rains a lot there when I'm doing my F1 races there on the F1 games you normally get at least 1 wet session per race weekend there  or I do anyway Not complaining about it as I find the track fun to drive in any condition

When ever someone mentions a rainy F1 race, I can't help but think of the real life rainy footage of F1 at Spa, 1966 season I think, that Frankenheimer got in his movie Grand Prix.  Great stuff.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
When ever someone mentions a rainy F1 race, I can't help but think of the real life rainy footage of F1 at Spa, 1966 season I think, that Frankenheimer got in his movie Grand Prix.  Great stuff.

Frank
I tend to think back to the wet race at Spa when Schumacher crashed into Coulthard