Jump to content Jump to content

Who Will Win The 2014 Formula 1 Would Championship

DiRTKiNG808

VetteIfan said:
As has been well established by now, it's going to take something out of the ordinary for Hamilton not to get at least 2nd if Rosberg wins. And as a general rule of thumb, ordinary results happen a lot more often than non-ordinary results. 
Agreed that iwhy I'm backing him here plus he's a driver I support so it  makes sense to back him here.

Both will start on the front row and Hamilton should emulate his hero and drive right into Rosberg. I will respect no other move. 
I think Hamilton has a cooler head than Senna though so I doubt he'd do that. Plus with Schumacher using similar tactics too once. I get the feeling the FIA would frown on such behaviour and that's before we get to Mercedes reactions.

Liam12d said:
I don't care about previous records, attempts, stats, rates whatever; I just know Hammy will win it.
Rosberg ay got a chance in hell, and don't even mention some kind of failure cause it won't happen. This is Lewis' to win and win, and he will win.
If only I could share your optimism.

But experience tells me it'll be a difficult task to win this WDC. It's never easy with Lewis. That's probably why I love and hate supporting him at the same time. I just know it won't be a straightforward race for him in terms of the WDC.

Liam12d said:
I don't care about previous records, attempts, stats, rates whatever; I just know Hammy will win it.
Rosberg ay got a chance in hell, and don't even mention some kind of failure cause it won't happen. This is Lewis' to win and win, and he will win.
If only I could share your optimism.

But experience tells me it'll be a difficult task to win this WDC. It's never easy with Lewis. That's probably why I love and hate supporting him at the same time. I just know it won't be a straightforward race for him in terms of the WDC.
I've put all that behind me for this one race. I'm confident the outcome will be a glorious WDC with his name on it.
Lets face it he himself won't mess it up, its in the hands of Rosberg - who won't be able to stop him from at least getting second and whether the car is up to scratch which it will be. 

I just don't want to think negative, as Lewis would say himself.  

I feel like the championship can be seen in 3 phases. The early phase, where Hamilton was the better driver and won 4 in a row, but Rosberg was leading on consistency, until he lost the lead in Spain. It seemed inevitable for Hamilton to blow right through Rosberg.

Then we got to phase 2. Or the European-phase. (or the Monaco-phase, as that defined it). Rosberg tapped into a more ruthless side of him that got him the upper hand and the lead of the championship again, while Hamilton suffered from several malfunctions. Rosberg also gained more speed in qualifying and in the race, while Hamilton's mental strength was being questioned yet again. After the Belgian GP, Rosberg led by 29, having won 3 out of 7, while Hamilton won 1 in 7.

We're now in phase 3. It can be looked at as retribution for Hamilton, as Rosberg suffered from a failure in Singapore, as he blitzkrieged his way into 5 straight wins and the lead in the championship. Rosberg ended a 7-race winless streak in Brazil, but in the final race, the momentum is clearly with Hamilton yet again.

So I think Hamilton is more likely to edge it because he was the dominant factor in two different phases of the season, while Rosberg was the best in the European-season and I feel like he's been the best this season out of the two, but Rosberg is still in it and everything falls and stands with the final race. He'd need some tremendous luck though for things to swing his way, Rosberg doesn't control his own fate in this, Hamilton does.

It could be argued that Rosberg's "strong" phase in the middle part of the season was down to Hamilton's bad luck (Canada, Germany Quali, Hungary Quali). Then there's the "mistake" at Monaco and the "I wanna prove a point" in Spa.

To me it seems like nearly every time Nico finished ahead in the race he needed something to go wrong for Hamilton because he couldn't beat him in a straight fight. The fact that Nico is still with a chance to win the WDC is down to Lewis' bad luck in the early part of the season (and a few mistakes along the way, although they've been a lot less costly than the unforced DNF's).

Therefore, Lewis would be the only deserving WDC 2014 - but that doesn't count for nothing once the flag drops in Abu Dhabi.