Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.07 – Discussion Thread

Faya

Fixed an issue where players leaving and rejoining in a large player session causes frame rate drops
Not fixed. Reduced would be more accurate.

Fixed an issue where there was no engine audio when beginning MP race from Car setup screen
Can confirm Fixed for me, deliberately sitting in Setup menu and starting race, I have sound.

Various stability and performance fixes
Various other bug fixes
Please Expand on these where you can. We'd like to know what you are changing so we can confirm if its worked. 

I feel like the crashed lobbies are occurring less often, was able to run a few races post patch in  a row, without any of the drivers having to dashboard to continue.

KEEP WORKING!! MORE PATCHES!!! MORE FIXES!! IF WE'RE NOT ON PATCH 20 BY CHRISTMAS YOU'VE BEEN SLACKING!!!
Social race test this evening. Will edit this post with any findings.
AOR only yeah? Or can anyone join if Social? And is it Xbox mate?

Was fun last night, jumped in a lobby and must have recognized over half of the drivers from 13/14 days. @Misza84PL, FreshLP (slow down mate it was nicer when I could keep up with you lol), Craigy1001, TRLRaikkonen, InTheStripCub (I remember yer Da!!!!) and a bunch of others. 
Ah, don’t you love developers ignoring everyone reporting problems with the game... No wonder the game is still a piece of shit a month later. I’m still waiting for a public apology from Codemasters apologising for falsely advertising and selling a half finished game.... @faya 
Anyone noticed whether or not the ai still drive out the way when you sneak a wheel alongside their rear tyre on corner entry? Stopped playing after 1.05 or 6 not sure when they changed it because of the wee boys and girls moaning they couldn’t bully them out the way and getting their wings clipped.

On another note, 5 laps into most races the field is spread as if it’s lap 20. The ai, whenever it loses a place is unable to lift and keep the racing line. They run wide instead and the cars behind lift to stay directly behind!?! I mean what the eff lol. Who tests this game? I mnlw
i, And many others reading this could and would do a much much better job. Your not fans of the sport. How can you call yourselves fans when you release a game every year that is nothing like an f1 race. Nothing. I do 100% or 50% races and the immersion never lasts. If you were real fans of the sport. You’d give us the game we want by reducing stupid projects like 2, I repeat. 2 dirt games in a year and I know you’ve released some really bad
other titles I forget their name. This sport is the 3rd most watched in the world. Look at the game we get for it. Can we really say it’s moved on since f1 2006? Or f1 2011 if you want a codies reference. The handling is great. But I think that’s probablu the easiest thing to get to grips with considering how many other good driving games there are. The handling has been great almost every year to be fair. But the rest of the game is a joke. It’s almsot it’s of it’s a free to play game. Look at the conversations with Claire. How simple a system is that?!? And yet they make a big single and dance about it. It’s childsplay working out whatit does. I could bang on an on obviously. I don’t think codies employ one fan of the sport that has the power to say let’s take a few years off and release a truly great game. It’s just average at very best. 
FRACTURED said:
Social race test this evening. Will edit this post with any findings.
AOR only yeah? Or can anyone join if Social? And is it Xbox mate?

Was fun last night, jumped in a lobby and must have recognized over half of the drivers from 13/14 days. @Misza84PL, FreshLP (slow down mate it was nicer when I could keep up with you lol), Craigy1001, TRLRaikkonen, InTheStripCub (I remember yer Da!!!!) and a bunch of others. 
Sorry mate didn’t see this yeah it was an AOR social but on PC. Join the forum and check Community Events for F1 2018 Social Races by platform. No need to sign up to a league to join a race just sign up as they’re posted.
If a real fan of formula one worked there, Not just a casual fans, they would be disgusted to release this, I wouldn’t put my name to it if I worked there, it’s the same game year in year out. Full price game. Just with some reskins. They put zero effort into this game. It’s not a game. It’s a drive Round a track with a few features. This game could have easily been released on the ps2, nothing they do is immersive or deep. Such a shame. The potential is there as well. They think these conversations with Claire and the fact you can influence your car development slightly. What about what keeps the fans interested week to week, to catch up on f1 between the races. Ta a joke. They have been slacking for so long feeding off all these casual f1 fans who review for magazines etc. It’s a boring boring product. They should give the licence up. Or hope someone from the idiots at ea sports realise the potential of an f1 game. I’d take one of their attempts over this any day of the week. F1 2006 has the same level of immersion. What about kid race updates about who your actually racing, ah I could go in and on because I am a real fan. You guys at codemasters ar part timers at best or you would let go of the licence, or put your brains to work and release a great game, regardless of how long it took. I think your shareholders would look at you a lot more positively if you broke off until the next gen, give yourselves time to build up a f1 GAME, not this whatever you call it? It’s boring!!!! 
Dear Codies can I ask you to add reflections to Mercedes car, since now W09 is rather matte color then shine like in real life. Guys apart form obvious bugs, please comment on this. What do you think? Remember F1 2017 model which was correctly reflected in sunny weather. 
PS All above mentioned request concerned only TV pod camera.
If a real fan of formula one worked there, Not just a casual fans, they would be disgusted to release this, I wouldn’t put my name to it if I worked there, it’s the same game year in year out. Full price game. Just with some reskins. They put zero effort into this game. It’s not a game. It’s a drive Round a track with a few features. This game could have easily been released on the ps2, nothing they do is immersive or deep. Such a shame. The potential is there as well. They think these conversations with Claire and the fact you can influence your car development slightly. What about what keeps the fans interested week to week, to catch up on f1 between the races. Ta a joke. They have been slacking for so long feeding off all these casual f1 fans who review for magazines etc. It’s a boring boring product. They should give the licence up. Or hope someone from the idiots at ea sports realise the potential of an f1 game. I’d take one of their attempts over this any day of the week. F1 2006 has the same level of immersion. What about kid race updates about who your actually racing, ah I could go in and on because I am a real fan. You guys at codemasters ar part timers at best or you would let go of the licence, or put your brains to work and release a great game, regardless of how long it took. I think your shareholders would look at you a lot more positively if you broke off until the next gen, give yourselves time to build up a f1 GAME, not this whatever you call it? It’s boring!!!! 
I was gonna pick you up on shareholders but it turns out they are a listed company!! I'm going for a sit down.
Who cares about picking me up etc, codemaster have had 50 quid a year since 2011 from me, on release day. They have me, and all of us in the position they want as there is no other way for a licenced game. Can you imagine there was another....competitor if you will, like pro evo and fifa. Imagine how much better the game would be. I ask anyone to show me an f120XX that was actually released finished...... exactly, a lot of the time it isn’t even playable. And then they release fixes which break more things, has this not happened EVERY single year? Yet some of you are happy for them to take your hard earned cash for this. As I said. They got us all where they want us. If only chase Carey was a gamer, or Ross brawn. They’d get rid of this “sub-optimal” tosh from cm faster than ricciardos divebombing brain process. I know there’s going to be a few that disagree fair play. I’m not here to argue with you guys. 
Mum just hoping my words speak to someone inside cm who has the power to actually get us a decent game. Whether it’s with them or not. Personally I’d rather they just took a break for a few years and gave us a GAME, totally different type of game but look how much the Witcher 3 stands it compared to others in its class, one of the big things about that game is while playing it is obvious how much the developer cares for the fan experience as a whole, the small things, not just one mechanic. This game just feels like a mid 2000s game. In your mind If you scaled the graphics back to ps2 era in your mind it would help with my point. They’ve done next to nothing with the game. Just the handling. Do something or eff off codies. Please. Just want a decent f1 game
Who cares about picking me up etc, codemaster have had 50 quid a year since 2011 from me, on release day. They have me, and all of us in the position they want as there is no other way for a licenced game. Can you imagine there was another....competitor if you will, like pro evo and fifa. Imagine how much better the game would be. I ask anyone to show me an f120XX that was actually released finished...... exactly, a lot of the time it isn’t even playable. And then they release fixes which break more things, has this not happened EVERY single year? Yet some of you are happy for them to take your hard earned cash for this. As I said. They got us all where they want us. If only chase Carey was a gamer, or Ross brawn. They’d get rid of this “sub-optimal” tosh from cm faster than ricciardos divebombing brain process. I know there’s going to be a few that disagree fair play. I’m not here to argue with you guys. 
Mum just hoping my words speak to someone inside cm who has the power to actually get us a decent game. Whether it’s with them or not. Personally I’d rather they just took a break for a few years and gave us a GAME, totally different type of game but look how much the Witcher 3 stands it compared to others in its class, one of the big things about that game is while playing it is obvious how much the developer cares for the fan experience as a whole, the small things, not just one mechanic. This game just feels like a mid 2000s game. In your mind If you scaled the graphics back to ps2 era in your mind it would help with my point. They’ve done next to nothing with the game. Just the handling. Do something or eff off codies. Please. Just want a decent f1 game
the "on release day" kills you... its people like you that either pre order or buy on release day that keep Codemasters in business with this game. Why wouldnt you wait for a month, read the forums to see how the game is, then buy? I REFUSED to buy 2018 or release after last years shambles. i was gifted a copy about a week after release... you know what they say 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.

the "on release day" kills you... its people like you that either pre order or buy on release day that keep Codemasters in business with this game. Why wouldnt you wait for a month, read the forums to see how the game is, then buy? I REFUSED to buy 2018 or release after last years shambles. i was gifted a copy about a week after release... you know what they say 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.
Yeah right, same discussion again and I bet that 99% of members here that stated not to buy or preorder had the game on day one.
Some positive feedback after installation of 1.07:

1. When not using a microphone attached to the DS4, the engineer's voice is much louder & crisp coming out of the DS4's speaker. Earlier, it was not loud enough without the microphone but not it's loud & clear.
2. Before starting the race when entering the Pit Strategy, it was hard to understand the illustration as to when the 1st pit stop would take place. Will give my most recent example; I play 25% career & just played Belgium. It's a 11 lap race & based on my race strategy programme, I was supposed to come in after Lap 3. Earlier, Lap 3 under the Pit stop in the illustration would be missing & to find out the lap, I had to enter Edit Pit Strategy. After the patch, it's now mentioned on which lap I have to pit. A feature which was present in F1 2017 but was missing earlier on but now has been rectified.
I buy the game because it is the only one out there with a licence, as far as immersion etc, it’s all done in my head sadly, it’s so basic. God awful trash lol. Look at it compared to any other game out there, it’s laughable they’ve been able to tweak the handling and update the cars year after year and drip feed us featured year on year. If codies had came out with this game as their first on current gen, oh how we would have praised them. Instead they drop feed us one new feature per year and even then they’re basic at best and so easily manipulated. My kid brother worked it out without me having to tell him. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for putting your name to this if you work there. It’s not f1 it’s nothing like it. 
Type your commentate the sad thing is if any one with any sort of influence of over the game reads my comments then they will know exactly what I’m talking about. Cowboys. Give the game up please. You couldn’t even release a solid micro machines experience last year. That was baaaaaaaad. Onrush. Baaaaaad. Only success you had was with dirt and you had to push two out in a really short time. What a joke of a company. Hire some staff from cd projekt red, even the janitor and immediately make them head of everything. They will have forgotten more about what a GAME is than all the f1 codemasters staff put together. That is FACT. Eff off codies. Your sheeeeet
I was gonna pick you up on shareholders but it turns out they are a listed company!! I'm going for a sit down.
Glad you replied there @steviejay69 as I thought you had another username on this forum. Perhaps he’s your Scottish cousin.

Archived