Sign in to follow this  

Race Starts on F1 2018

Plain and simple this. I get spanked off the line and cant seem to reach optimal rpm. I find it really hard to maintain it, I use a ps4 controller. Can anyone help me? 

Yeh same issue here 2016 when you reached correct rpm it used to tell you from 2017 and now 2018 it says reach optimum rpm but doesn’t tell you when you have reached that rpm. Please fix CM

Optimum rpm is between 10k - 12k depending on whether or not you want a safe start or a fast and risky start that is.

PS: If you use medium or full TC you can simply plant the throttle to 100% without having to think about the optimal rpm, but with no assists you will have more control and thus your throttle input should not go beyond 65% - 70% if your goal is to have a decent start with minimal disadvantages.

I personally start the races with around 40% - 60% throttle input depending on whether it's raining or not and gradually increase it after the lights go out.

My advice for those trying to learn manual race starts with no assists:

Start a quick race, and use the restart option to get as many runs as you want, this way you can and will be getting better for sure.

PPS: If only Codemasters actually gave us a race start simulation option for TT and or Practice sessions, or even better actually went on to implement a proper driving school for nubs & scrubs into the game as a new gamemode.....

Optimum rpm is between 10k - 12k depending on whether or not you want a safe start or a fast and risky start that is.

PS: If you use medium or full TC you can simply plant the throttle to 100% without having to think about the optimal rpm, but with no assists you will have more control and thus your throttle input should not go beyond 65% - 70% if your goal is to have a decent start with minimal disadvantages.

I personally start the races with around 40% - 60% throttle input depending on whether it's raining or not and gradually increase it after the lights go out.

Start a quick race, and use the restart option to get as many runs as you want, this way you can and will be getting better for sure.

PPS: If only Codemasters actually gave us a race start simulation option for TT and or Practice sessions, or even better actually went on to implement a proper driving school for nubs & scrubs into the game as a new gamemode.....
This isn't true. If you use medium TC and go full throttle you will still get horrendous wheel spin and your start will be awful. On full TC you won't get wheel spin but you will be really slow compared to the AI.

On medium TC on a pad, I use about 30% throttle and generally get about the same starts as the AI on 105%.

SASColfer said:

This isn't true. If you use medium TC and go full throttle you will still get horrendous wheel spin and your start will be awful. On full TC you won't get wheel spin but you will be really slow compared to the AI.

On medium TC on a pad, I use about 30% throttle and generally get about the same starts as the AI on 105%.
The wheel spin of Medium TC is not even close to the one that No Assists drivers get, it is super easy to catch and will give you relatively okay starts at full throttle.

Medium TC full throttle feels like No Assists at 60% throttle.

I use no traction and rev so I get maybe 1 or 2 red lights on the wheel then go to about 2/3 when the lights go out then control the throttle from there and works fine for me 

SASColfer said:

The wheel spin of Medium TC is not even close to the one that No Assists drivers get, it is super easy to catch and will give you relatively okay starts at full throttle.

Medium TC full throttle feels like No Assists at 60% throttle.

I have to disagree with you there. You still have to feather the throttle at 40-50% on medium TC if you want a really good start. You go 100% throttle on medium the car will go sideways at least with a wheel, I don’t know about the pad. If you go more than that then you get too much wheel spin. On no TC I’m a little less, maybe 30% in my mind.  

Is any one having issues with  the clutch display dissapearing when all cars have lined up and lights start to go out I have no idea where my optimum revs are threw the display disapearing done 3 races and all 3 have been bad starts due to the information I need not been there also playing on xbox one s 

Also it’s really easy to start properly. Just keep the rpm between 1/4 and 2/4 or so on the wheel and you’ll be fine.

Dont watch the starts of guys like Aarava or Tiamardetuk, they both press full revs (I died when I saw this)

Anyone on pad, pad vibrates heavily when in optimal range, (Under 12k rpm, think 10-11 is the sweet spot where pad will vibrate and clutch will say 'hold optimal revs' or something like that. 

I've been practicing, even got the trophy for it in Canadian GP, as they all say, optimal range and keep it steady. The more you practice not to spin the wheels the faster off you'll be, but the initial reaction time helps too.
Been nearly crashing into guys online for the good starts, had to squeeze myself against the Spa 1st corner wall to miss guys. But it feels good to get those Alonso starts