Sign in to follow this  

Gear changes when using auto transmissions

I have a very annoying problem with auto transmissions. When accelerating hard, the gears don't change quickly enough. It sometimes get stuck in max RPM of one gear for a few seconds and just then moves up to the next gear. Didn't have this problem before. It usually happens when accelerating out of a slow corner.

Are you sure you aren't losing traction in the slow corners ? That normally causes the revs to max and then drop to normal levels when tractions is regained.

Are you on Wheel, Pad or Keyboard ? 

I must use an automatic as well, and I'm finding it very smooth, with only the sound seeming a bit rough to me as drops into a new gear.  Aside what you were told above, which I believe maybe at least half your problem, sound and its effect can alter one's perception quite easily making you think things are working differently then they should.

I have a PS3 and I'm getting the exactly the same issue using the analogue sticks on my pad, on every single track I come out of some corners and it just won't accelerate for 2-3 seconds, even in some fast corners it shifts down from 7th to 5th gear on full revs, what's going on? Tried with no traction control, half and full, who can help me, played f1 since 1996 and never had this problem before it sucks