Sign in to follow this  

Patch Notes for 1.08 - Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.08 discussion thread.

Patch 1.08 is being released for PC today, PS4 and Xbox One to follow soon (subject to first party approval). You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post anything else not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Thanks all!

Frame Lock Bug and Lost Focus still present.

ALT-TAB still the workaround for both.

Still a long time in 'Waiting For Players'

https://youtu.be/HsETAxhZDSw 

and oh yes CANNOT LINK IMAGE FILE

BUT THE NAMES IN RANKED MP ARE STILL MISSING

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954090989358542775/46F32AC5DCDC747685B097F035D368EDDDD3B58E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A576&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954090989358542775/46F32AC5DCDC747685B097F035D368EDDDD3B58E/

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this anywhere else............................

Monaco & Singapore Tyre Temps?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

AI Difficulty at Monaco, Singapore & Austria to be amended

Thanks!

Thanks!
what is your problem with tyre temps?

Hi all,

Please remember that these threads are for discussing the patch and the fixes to do with that patch. For any other bugs/issues, please be sure to either post in the appropriate threads or create a new report if the issue is new or does not have a thread already. Thanks.

@Faya The AI still moving out on he APEX of the corners and near stop the car. Fix this and elevate the difficulty of upgrade cars and change teams, please! Fixing that, the game will be near the perfect.

I must say that patches follow in rapid succession. That has been different in the past. Not all has been fixed but I feel a thank you is appropriate, and yes, I know it's off topic and no, I'm not a CM employee.

i can join session even more faster now, but i am enable to do a race because of people who are not loading and stay forever, so i have to alt+F4 or kill the process, the fourth races i have done before, that have heppened on the 4.

i can join and launch nicely but i am enable to play due to low ping guys, very frustrating..  adding a new value on ranked lobbys to limit "red connection bar" will help i guess

The Tyres are still not fixed. 

If i play Online on the PS4 with the pad on a track like Abu Dhabi as soon as the tyres hit 15 % usage the car is starting to slip like crazy.

Still the same issue, still not patched.

Gungner said:
How about focusing on some single player bugs? Why all the love for multiplayer?
With all due respect the first few patches were mainly single player fixes.

Pay attention next time before you blindly whine.

Thanks!

I have the same problem with rhe tyre temps.
Are you a controller player?

Hi @steviejay69, could you send me the crash dump so that we can take a further look please?  

@Faya The AI still moving out on he APEX of the corners and near stop the car. Fix this and elevate the difficulty of upgrade cars and change teams, please! Fixing that, the game will be near the perfect.
exactly

Faya said:
Hi @steviejay69, could you send me the crash dump so that we can take a further look please?  

CTD is an app crash and doesn't create a crashdunp, just a log in the Event log.

If you'd like I have a dxdiag but that's about it.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Hang
Date:          20/09/2018 15:15:55
Event ID:      1002
Task Category: (101)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-FCQQ4I1
Description:
The program F1_2018.exe version 1.0.45.4784 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1fd4
 Start Time: 01d450e74629e5e5
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\F1_2018.exe
 Report Id: b91c27d1-e1cd-44d6-8a50-a9ccbe1c481e
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-20T14:15:55.325390900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>26051</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-FCQQ4I1</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>F1_2018.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.45.4784</Data>
    <Data>1fd4</Data>
    <Data>01d450e74629e5e5</Data>
    <Data>4294967295</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\F1_2018.exe</Data>
    <Data>b91c27d1-e1cd-44d6-8a50-a9ccbe1c481e</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00650000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Thank you for the patch Codemasters.
In the next one could you please address the issue of resetting multiplayer stats? It has been raised in many threads but you guys have failed to acknowledge it so far....

• Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other in multiplayer races

What scenario has this been solved for, or is it all scenario's now, as nothing is specified?

I know this was resolved in 16 and 17 for specific cases, and again this year for a specific case, does this imply we won't see this again in any form? That would be EPIC.

@Faya

Restarted career and saw this : https://imgur.com/a/6VERlPW

Can't understand what happened and why 2nd lap is counted faster that first one when it isn't !.

Lap 1 in Melbourne Vettel retired(saw replay and have no reason tbh) and ,again,same problem : VSC and car stopped close to first straight;no SC and this is really hurting after many patches.

Grosjean able to fight with Ricciardo and stay close to 4th place(Bottas) for 10 laps using supersofts while mercedes had ultrasoft ; totally not a real performance for me.

Using Sauber,would be great having our name on halo too.Maybe it happens for other team where teammates have it  on halo.