Jump to content Jump to content

New Difficulty Option

ChironTheseus

Thank you Codemasters for the new improved difficulty option setting, as of the latest patch we can now change difficulty (and a few others) between every session.
That means even between Q1, Q2 and Q3!
Thanks to this I have actually found my perfect difficulty setting! Before it was hard due to practice, quali and race often being quite different on pace and therefore making it tough to know what setting to pick and the limited window to change, if you forgot you'd have to wait until another race weekend was over!
Great addition.
Just thought I'd add this for any not knowing the change and wanting it. I know a lot have asked for it. For those still not knowing how, on the loading screen between sessions press the option button when it shows on screen bottom right (PS4 at least).

Thank you Codemasters for the new improved difficulty option setting, as of the latest patch we can now change difficulty (and a few others) between every session.
Thanks to this I have actually found my perfect difficulty setting! Before it was hard due to practice, quali and race often being quite different on pace and therefore making it tough to know what setting to pick and the limited window to change, if you forgot you'd have to wait until another race weekend was over!
Great addition.
Just thought I'd add this for any not knowing the change and wanting it. I know a lot have asked for it. For those still not knowing how, on the loading screen between sessions press the option button when it shows on screen bottom right (PS4 at least).

I've been having the same problems as you. The AI pace in practice and quali has been much better than in races. How have you changed the AI difficulty compared to quali and race?
To me it seems quite weird to change the AI difficulty settings in between sessions. Of course there is difference between practice, qualifying and the race but it seems to me that the difference in AI performing shouldn't be solved by changing the difficulty settings. If this works for you, that's fine but to me it seems there is something else wrong. If the AI are too slow or too fast in either session this should apply to all sessions, not just one particular. If I'm misreading your post/reply please correct me.
JJLehto95 said:
Great addition.

I've been having the same problems as you. The AI pace in practice and quali has been much better than in races. How have you changed the AI difficulty compared to quali and race?
I have stopped being so involved in practices now that I have upgraded my team so much. So I have taken to using the difficulty to my race only, quali not such an issue as if they are too fast I can have a better race taking places.
I swapped to a bottom team again and still only doing practices if the goal is to do so, I'll lower the difficulty if its too extreme for me then back to normal for race day. Might be seen as a cheat but the time differences can be quite noticeable on come circuits and I don't wanna get the sack for not completing goals lol!
To me it seems quite weird to change the AI difficulty settings in between sessions. Of course there is difference between practice, qualifying and the race but it seems to me that the difference in AI performing shouldn't be solved by changing the difficulty settings. If this works for you, that's fine but to me it seems there is something else wrong. If the AI are too slow or too fast in either session this should apply to all sessions, not just one particular. If I'm misreading your post/reply please correct me.
The changing of difficulty between sessions was to find a good medium. All tracks are different and every team has strengths and weaknesses, but if you have an averaging team-mate you can base your times around them, I used quali to do this at first then perfected through racing.
The practices I find can be harder than the quali and racing so I found I either passed practices and had boring easy races or failed practices to have the perfect race. And by perfect race I mean that I am not easily winning in a bottom team but am fighting hardest against my teammate. I wanted the most realistic experience as possible. Playing with the difficulty between sessions just made it that much easier to do this.
As for racing I find my difficulty setting fine for all races except Monaco in the McLaren with tyre overheating (not necessarily wear), since moving to Williams though I have found that Monaco is okay.. I don't change difficulty per race.

Archived