Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Why does it always rain on me?

Recommended Posts

75% of all races in career mode are wet races. It's unrealistic and annoying. Is it possible to tweak the chance of rain like one can tweak the chance of a safety car occurence? I downloaded the editor but can't find the correct option unfortunately :(

Also, I think Codemasters need to learn what "probability" means. If it says in the game that a race has a rain probability of say 43%, it will rain for exactly 43% of the race distance, whereas the correct interpretation would be that 57 of 100 races remain completely dry and that in the other 43 races some rain will occur ...

Please help. F1 2014 is almost unplayable due to the high number of wet races, given that the AI is way too fast in the rain compared to their pace in the dry,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In answer to your question: Codemasters have taken your money and they actually hate you! That's why it rains so much and you can't compete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have the same issue. There are circuits that I am very competitive on in the dry during career, but in the wet the AI blow me away as they appear to have more grip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only Solution is, don't Play career mode ;) thats how I do it... And I agree with u that there might be too much rain and The probability is wrong. But your Interpretation is wrong as well. Say there is 99% chance of rain , that doesnt mean there is DEFINITELY no rain for1% of The race.99% only means whether there is rain. It does not predict length nor does it predict intensity. But yet this system is broken.I have experienced that there will actually always be rain when there is a certain Chance of 40% for example. If u remember Many brazilian gp's like this Year's or any singapore gp u will notice that often there was a chance of rain of 60-80% and yet no rain at all... This probability in the game will DEFINITELY mean that it is going to rain but The only percentage to ensure that would be 100%...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I gave up on career mode earlier today for the same reason. It was the same in the previous games as well, it's an absolute joke. I managed to sit through this nonsense before reaching breaking point:

Australia - dry quali, wet race
Malaysia - wet quali, wet race
Bahrain - dry obviously
China - dry quali, wet race
Spain - dry quali, wet race
Monaco - wet quali, wet race
Canada - wet quali, wet race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It can be done. Go to race department and download the dry career mod. Any version from 2013 onwards will work as code masters haven't touched the weather system. 
If you want to do it your self edit the tod.XML file in track folder. You will see a list of scenerios with a number after it. This is the "dynamic weather". All weather in the game is one of these scenerios. Each one with a number is active for that track. I believe that the first scenerio is a dry race. Put 1.0 after this and remove all other numbers. At the bottom you will see a similar figure for each weather type. Put 0.0 for light and heavy rain. Then enjoy no rain.

You can copy this file for all tracks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zuluulu said:
Only Solution is, don't Play career mode ;) thats how I do it... And I agree with u that there might be too much rain and The probability is wrong. But your Interpretation is wrong as well. Say there is 99% chance of rain , that doesnt mean there is DEFINITELY no rain for1% of The race.99% only means whether there is rain. It does not predict length nor does it predict intensity. But yet this system is broken.I have experienced that there will actually always be rain when there is a certain Chance of 40% for example. If u remember Many brazilian gp's like this Year's or any singapore gp u will notice that often there was a chance of rain of 60-80% and yet no rain at all... This probability in the game will DEFINITELY mean that it is going to rain but The only percentage to ensure that would be 100%...
This isn't true in my experience. If you have 60% chance of rain then exactly (to the minute) at  60% through the race it will rain. Seen it every time. The only thing you can't predict is if it goes from light to heavy rain. Also I find you can easily work out the scenario you are running and know what weather you'll have. It breaks the game for me. Try playing gp mode in f1 2012 if don't believe me. That has true dynamic weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So does the mod totally take away the rain in  career mode,  that would be great news.  I got to admit I use no assist at all and full damage but as soon as there is rain I turn on traction to either med or full depending how fast the ai are and use abs. In all the Codemasters games this is the first time I have ever used it. 
Not good enough to compete against the ai in rain situation and even sorry to say amater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep. Gp mode and career mode seem to use same method of selecting weather now. There is another mod that slows ai down in wet weather if want to try that instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where do i get hold of an editor to change the database files, and where are the files (I use Win 7 64bit. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I use wordpad. But can use notepad. Just wordpad seems to format it better.
Files will be in the folder you have chosen to install steams to. Or within steam right click the game in library and select properties then show files in folder. 
Within the game folder its 
F12014/tracks/circuits/
Then in each of the track folders will be a tod.XML file (ignore tod.DAT that file contains the sceneros that it plays through).
Edit the tod.XML as above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×