Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to separate Rx and Rally disciplines to have more complete games?

hello codemasters a few months ago a player was talking about a game only for rally-cross game. , the WRX season has 12 events and few cars ok, but if you sell the game cheaper and you add paid content, you add new car category and real new tracks every month to make a real full rallycross games.
I send this idea because I talk to a player who only loves rallycross and hates rally and he never plays this discipline (personally I like rally and rallycross, but having 2 full games on each different discipline would be good because the dev could really refine their work for rally games and rallycross games)

warning: it is an idea, if the player prefers( me too ) to have various disciplines in one game there is no problem for me, but I would like to have more countries for the rally and a lot of rallycross circuit in addition to those who are on the official WRX, if you have to separate the disciplines for that I will buy the 2 games

I'd be happy with this at two full price games, but won't happen for the sheer reason that it's less marketable, unfortunately.

As a business, they need to attract as many people as possible to buy the product, but it seems like Codemasters' board or market research team believes that means creating as many marketing taglines as possible (I'm not saying they're wrong).

When there is no other good rally or rallycross game out there, saying 'rally', 'rx' and 'buggies' on the cover attracts more people than saying 'rally', 'rally' and 'more rally'.

Look at Assetto Corsa Competizione. This is my perfect game pretty much, it's Kunos' attention to detail applied to a single type of car and making it the best it can be. But it will likely sell less than Project Cars, who have taken the approach of quantity over quality and an attitude which feels to me like 'let's see how many types of motorsport we can get on the cover; karts, single seaters, historics, GTs, prototypes, rallycross etc.'

Even on the last couple of DiRT titles, requests for more locations or different disciplines (e.g. Dakar trucks) get more support than ones for improving the depth of what we have. For me, ideal DLCs for Dirt Rally or D4 would have been more kilometres (stages/tiles) in existing locations or expansions to car classes already in game (Peugeot 206, Fabia R5 etc) rather than new locations/classes, but that just wouldn't be as marketable unfortunately.

Well, I wouldn't mind to have a complete RX game with WRX, ERX and ARX:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/139089/dirt-rx-possible-rallycross-content 

Though I don't think it will be good for the sales. For example the yearly MotoGP, MXGP, WRC not have been sold well as they tend to be a bit the same. Only F1 seem to do well. Games like Project CARS, Gran Turismo, DiRT, the Crew seem to do much better overall, as they have a more diversity and give a bigger experience.