Sign in to follow this  

Anti-Aliasing: any plans to fix it for 2018?

Question

Loving the game, except for the AA solution. Especially when approaching a corner, I find the temporal instability pretty distracting- I get a lot of aliasing and localized flicker, especially with painted lines on-track. This makes judging corners actually harder than they really should be. 

This problem seems worse than past years. I have TAA and AF maxed out. Any ideas, or plans to fix it?
  • Agree 1

11 answers to this question

Got the same issue and I don't seem to be able to force antialising through the nvidia control panel either. It's pretty annoying because I like to drive cockpit cam but the pixelated white lines look horrible close up.

Yeah i hoped to have an other option in 2018 before release maybe FXAA or SMAA, because it just blurs stuff and gives me "ghost images" especially the tyres  

TAA alone is generally not a bad AA method (look at Battlefield V), but it can be hard to implement correctly. F1 2018's implementation certainly seems to have some issues. 

The AA could be alot better. I've skipped F1 2017 and was used to F1 2016 grahpics. Somehow when everything in F1 2018 is set to max/ultra settings it's still blurry and pixelated.

Very hard to spot the cars or objects in front when you want to enter the corners.
+ I got some very weird textures /black triangles on the halo for example:

All ultra, 2560*1080 resolution. patch 1.10, latest nvidia drivers (but it also happens with older nvidia drivers).

I struggle to see the braking boards on tracks like baku where they are vertical and there is a lot going on around the object itself. Every time I approach a corner the textures become so disgustingsly blurry. I assume it has something to do with the AA, TAA in this case. I've never had any issues like that in other games.
  • Agree 1

I struggle to see the braking boards on tracks like baku where they are vertical and there is a lot going on around the object itself. Every time I approach a corner the textures become so disgustingsly blurry. I assume it has something to do with the AA, TAA in this case. I've never had any issues like that in other games.
Did you turn your texture streaming to 0? That makes everything blurry.

I really don't get why those "codemasters" don't do anything about the AA issues. 3 years in a row they have a engine that only looks good in stills. As soon as enything moves the image becomes a blur-fest. I would have fired some people after ruining 2 titles in a row. But seeing this effect stil there with blurring and white pixels showing on the edges i know for sure. They just dont give a......

TAA has it's ghosting issues & its generally very blurry. I run reshade (dx11 only) on top with a sharpening filter. It's much better than standard.