Sign in to follow this  

F1 2016 vs 2017

hi, I am writing to know yours, but do you think between 2016 and 2017 what is the best? I think that 2016, although older is better as light, 2017 is too dark and also has a better engine sound than you think?

Tough one. For me I preferred the simplicity of F1 2016 as well as the more natural colour palette. Although 2017 definitely had better handling as well as the classic cars. 
2016 was definitely more challenging to control the cars with all assists off. 

thanks for the reply, so you like me prefer 2016 to 2017? and anyway I prefer that it is more difficult to manage the car I enjoy more 'for now I can not take the 2018 and between the two I prefer this.

Yeh for me 2016 was my preferred one of the two. 2017 just felt a little too grounded to the track with no assists. 2018 is definitely the best of the 3 as I find it’s somewhere between the two and the car behaves more realistically. 

F1 2016 was my first current gen racing game. Something about it I really like it. It was simple. League racing was decent (except the slipstream bug but these cars had low drag so overtaking was possible and sometimes lots of desync) despite some of its problems.
F1 2017 itself was good. New cars and they handled differently to the previous game. Career was ok, I preferred 2016's career mode. But online... What a mess. Slipstream bug carried over but this time it was really hard to overtake when that happened. Safety car and VSC completely broken. Desync not as bad as previous year.

The perfect game for me would have been F1 2016 with the F1 2017 cars.

For me 2017 is better I like both and although 2016 handles smoother 2017 with the classic cars and expanded career blows 16 out of the water. I love having to manage my components and having to really earn my upgrades through the practice programs. Especially considering how many of them there are. 2016 just felt a little bit too easy in that area

thanks guys for the answers, however, are tastes regarding the career for example I like more 'the simplicity' of the career of 2016 even though in 2017 have made excellent improvements.

In terms of career mode 2018 for me is the best of both worlds and definitely the most immersive in the series so far. Offline mode still has a few minor bugs but overall is very solid, seems most of the issues are online which seems to be a pattern sadly. 
2017 had more “icing” on top but I did prefer 2016 for the simplicity and more challenging handling of the cars :)

then we think the same, as soon as 'I'll take' 2018 and I'll know 'but already from what I see from video photos the game compared to 17 and' excellent as colors.

I think graphically 2018 is definitely the best so far too. 2017 was way over-saturated and “cartoon”-like in appearance. 2018 also has a very wide colour palette and not as muted as 2015/2016 but manages to keep things looking a lot more realistic at the same time.
If you’re a fan of 2016 and predominantly play offline then I think you’ll be very happy with how 2018 handles and also looks visually :)

I see what you’re saying. For offline gameplay out of 2016 and 2017, (even though I prefer the colour/visuals of 2016) I’d probably choose 2017 for a more enjoyable offline/career mode experience. 
I like going back to 2016 from time to time for a bit of a challenge with the less forgiving handling to the cars.
But out of the two games if I had to pick I’d probably go for 2017 as it does offer a lot more and in many ways was an upgrade over the previous game :)

yes, but 'I realized that when I start a race you see too dark in 2017 almost no one understands from a distance what machine it is, you on what console you play?

I’m on PS4. I know what you mean, 2017 definitely had some bad lighting issues with some tracks at times being either too dark and also too light. Something I’m glad they addressed in 2018.
2016 definitely didn’t have any of those issues but at the same time lacked in detail and textures compared to 2017 and 2018. 

you too on ps4? if you want we can exchange nicknames and if you want to waste some time with a f1 older we play.

you too on ps4? if you want we can exchange nicknames and if you want to waste some time with a f1 older we play.

Would love to but sadly I don’t play online :/  Might have to invest in PS Plus at some point in the near future but with all the issues I read of people playing online with F1 2018 I’ve always held off from that side of the game sadly. 

ok I understand do not worry I understand, I want to try to improve the colors of 2017 according to you because honestly on certain things and 'a step forward, in your opinion by changing the colors from the menu or from the TV range and other things you can' settle?

Think it wasn’t just F1 2017. DiRT 4 also had a very over saturated colour palette and look to the visuals. The only option we had to tweak with on PS4 with F1 2017 was the gamma adjustment which I bumped up a little personally to try and compensate for the game looking a little too dark. On F1 2018 I left the gamma at the default as it wasn’t as much of an issue :)

Think I only clicked it a few to the right. Maybe 1.02 if memory serves me right. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t entirely fix the lighting issues in F1 2017 but it did help brighten the image a bit to help with when the tracks appear a bit too dark 

ok thanks tonight I try and see how it goes. because this thing that you see black hate have a game co

I was definitely one that complained a lot about the lighting issues when F1 2017 first came out but thankfully it didn’t get in the way too much overall.  Thankfully 2018 doesn’t have those issues though :)

if you continue to talk like that, I'll go down to the store and buy it hahahaha, anyway in your career at what level do you play?

Ah haha. I’d still say 2017 is worth grabbing if it’s in a good sale somewhere. I play at 75 AI but then I play with a controller and with no assists.  Was such a revelation going from using the 3D racing line to having to find my own reference points within the track itself :smiley: