DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

@tbtstt Heres a pic of the 95 Subaru from the Codies facebook page

Looking good tho :)

Excellent! Looks like it is returning in it's DiRT 4 (rather than DiRT Rally) form. 

Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Mitsubishi and Toyota have pulled out of Forza Horizon 4. I hope this doesn't affect DiRT Rally 2.0 indirectly, as that could mean a change of policies or agreements within those 2 companies related to licensing.
Toyota is out of racing games as a whole. Mitsubishi isn't, the Evo X is already confirmed anyway.
Toyota was in Gravel.

Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Mitsubishi and Toyota have pulled out of Forza Horizon 4. I hope this doesn't affect DiRT Rally 2.0 indirectly, as that could mean a change of policies or agreements within those 2 companies related to licensing.
Toyota is out of racing games as a whole. Mitsubishi isn't, the Evo X is already confirmed anyway.
Toyota was in Gravel.
That's true. Guess we'll never know what the issues are, but there's a reason why they're so rarely featured in games now.

Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Toyota was in Gravel.
But it wasn't in the last Forza's, so something is def up. 

bogani said:
Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Toyota was in Gravel.
But it wasn't in the last Forza's, so something is def up. 
I think its just the road cars... Motorsport versions are not included i think

Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Toyota was in Gravel.
Toyota was featured on GT Sport too. Don't forget that WRC Celica GT-Four got the manufacturer banned for 4 years. I guess they wouldn't let anyone feature their cars on most rally games anymore because this could be seen as negative propaganda. Gravel is an exception, didn't know there were Toyotas on the list.

I just want the Yaris to make into DR2.0, even though it would be nice to have the Celica and Corolla (and maybe the Supra Mk.III Gr.B, who knows?) on the selection wheel.

The Celica and specially the Corolla would be something great. One more car to compete directly with the Lancer Evo VI, Focus 1999 etc. Despite a few dramatic technical problems the Corolla WRC was a beast when it came out and just like the Yaris it took the manufacturers title in the 2nd year. Even Makinen was struggling with Sainz's pace in the Corolla, and it hasn't been featured as much as the Celica. I remember seeing the Corolla in Pro Rally 2001, CMR2.0, RBR and that's it.

Even its sound was quite nice to hear. Check at 54:18
https://youtu.be/uhXf8_babDw?t=3258

AIPacino said:
The Celica and specially the Corolla would be something great. One more car to compete directly with the Lancer Evo VI, Focus 1999 etc. Despite a few dramatic technical problems the Corolla WRC was a beast when it came out and just like the Yaris it took the manufacturers title in the 2nd year. Even Makinen was struggling with Sainz's pace in the Corolla, and it hasn't been featured as much as the Celica. I remember seeing the Corolla in Pro Rally 2001, CMR2.0, RBR and that's it.

Corolla was also featured on the first CMR. Very fun to drive but easily beaten by the 22B.

AIPacino said:

Corolla was also featured on the first CMR. Very fun to drive but easily beaten by the 22B.
I find that hard to believe as the 22B is a road car  ;)

bogani said:
AIPacino said:

The 22B featured on CMR was Colin's Impreza. It's a WRC rally car.

bogani said:
AIPacino said:

The 22B is a road model built by Subaru to celebrate the 40th anniversary and 3 consecutive manufacturer titles. The Impreza WRC model was never based on or called the 22B.

Now you may thank me for doing your job @tbtstt

bogani said:
Uh oh you've done it now
Let me quote a wise post

EDIT: Oh dear guess I was 2 slow trying to find the post again
tbtstt said:
Uh oh. You saw a classic Impreza with wide arches and called it a 22B, didn’t you? This is a common mix up, read on for enlightenment…  

OK smart arse, if it’s not a 22B, then what is it? 

Prodrive used "S" numbers to designate the various generations of Impreza World Rally Car they built. The '97-'98 World Rally Car was the S4, the '99 World Rally Car was S5, the '00 World Rally Car was S6... you get the idea. 

So, depending on the particular car you are looking at, it’s either a S4 Impreza WRC, an S5 Impreza WRC or an S6 Impreza WRC. 

Got it. Got any more useless Prodrive/Impreza naming facts?

Prodrive also used a similar system for their Group N cars, except these are identified by an "N" prefix, not an "S".  

The only exception to the rule is the 2007 Impreza WRC, which was identified as the S12b WRC (rather than S13 as you would expect). The Japanese are a superstitious bunch and so Prodrive avoided the number with their car designation!  

That’s great, so where does the 22B fit in then?

The 22B was a road car released in 1998 and designed to emulate the look of the 1997/1998 Impreza World Rally Car. The two door, wide arch, Impreza World Rally Cars were on stages for well over a year before the 22B hit showrooms and its name is actually homage to the rally car: "22B" is hexdecimal for "555".  

There is a lot of confusion between the 22B and the World Rally Cars of the era. This is compounded by the fact that there are a huge number of online articles about the 22B that contain incorrect information.  

Officially there were 424 22B's (400 for the JDM, 24 for export). Of the 24 export cars, 16 were for the UK, 5 for Australia and 3 were prototypes. As with a lot of Subaru limited edition runs though, some of the numbers are a little hazy. It was originally stated that there were three #000 prototype cars (which were given to Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth), however a #000 was recently identified in the STI Mitaka showroom, which implies there were four #000 cars (I have subsequently read that David Lapworth actually got #400, but that's not been verified). 

But they look pretty similar. How can you be so sure that’s not a privateer with a 22B on the rally stage?

Well first up – and as mentioned above – the 22B was a limited edition road car, so only a loon would risk bending one on a rally stage.

Critically though, the 22B was fitted with a 2.2L engine: WRC regulations of the era limited turbo cars to 2.0L so, by its very nature, the 22B couldn't be a rally car. Incidentally, although they look similar, the S4 WRC and 22B have different panels. If you look at the two side-by-side you can see it, it's most noticeable around the front end and rear arches.

bogani said:
bogani said:
AIPacino said:

The 22B is a road model built by Subaru to celebrate the 40th anniversary and 3 consecutive manufacturer titles. The Impreza WRC model was never based on or called the 22B.

Now you may thank me for doing your job @tbtstt
I feel like a proud father right now. Fine work @bogani! 

bogani said:
Uh oh you've done it now
Let me quote a wise post

EDIT: Oh dear guess I was 2 slow trying to find the post again
tbtstt said:
Uh oh. You saw a classic Impreza with wide arches and called it a 22B, didn’t you? This is a common mix up, read on for enlightenment…  

OK smart arse, if it’s not a 22B, then what is it? 

Prodrive used "S" numbers to designate the various generations of Impreza World Rally Car they built. The '97-'98 World Rally Car was the S4, the '99 World Rally Car was S5, the '00 World Rally Car was S6... you get the idea. 

So, depending on the particular car you are looking at, it’s either a S4 Impreza WRC, an S5 Impreza WRC or an S6 Impreza WRC. 

Got it. Got any more useless Prodrive/Impreza naming facts?

Prodrive also used a similar system for their Group N cars, except these are identified by an "N" prefix, not an "S".  

The only exception to the rule is the 2007 Impreza WRC, which was identified as the S12b WRC (rather than S13 as you would expect). The Japanese are a superstitious bunch and so Prodrive avoided the number with their car designation!  

That’s great, so where does the 22B fit in then?

The 22B was a road car released in 1998 and designed to emulate the look of the 1997/1998 Impreza World Rally Car. The two door, wide arch, Impreza World Rally Cars were on stages for well over a year before the 22B hit showrooms and its name is actually homage to the rally car: "22B" is hexdecimal for "555".  

There is a lot of confusion between the 22B and the World Rally Cars of the era. This is compounded by the fact that there are a huge number of online articles about the 22B that contain incorrect information.  

Officially there were 424 22B's (400 for the JDM, 24 for export). Of the 24 export cars, 16 were for the UK, 5 for Australia and 3 were prototypes. As with a lot of Subaru limited edition runs though, some of the numbers are a little hazy. It was originally stated that there were three #000 prototype cars (which were given to Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth), however a #000 was recently identified in the STI Mitaka showroom, which implies there were four #000 cars (I have subsequently read that David Lapworth actually got #400, but that's not been verified). 

But they look pretty similar. How can you be so sure that’s not a privateer with a 22B on the rally stage?

Well first up – and as mentioned above – the 22B was a limited edition road car, so only a loon would risk bending one on a rally stage.

Critically though, the 22B was fitted with a 2.2L engine: WRC regulations of the era limited turbo cars to 2.0L so, by its very nature, the 22B couldn't be a rally car. Incidentally, although they look similar, the S4 WRC and 22B have different panels. If you look at the two side-by-side you can see it, it's most noticeable around the front end and rear arches.

So much knowledge on a single quote. Didn't know about that and I'm quite amazed. Thanks for the info.

Jon Armstrong answered my question on his IG about the Polo R5.
It will have the upgraded aero like the actual R5 that ran in Catalunya, so not like the test car on their DR2.0 cover.

sqdstr said:
Jon Armstrong answered my question on his IG about the Polo R5.
It will have the upgraded aero like the actual R5 that ran in Catalunya, so not like the test car on their DR2.0 cover.
But would that mean we'll get an updated cover too?

With this Like,from Dirt Twitter Account, is pretty much confirmed Lancia 037 Evo 2
@tbtstt

https://twitter.com/johnf_uni/status/1067798779359887360