DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Are there no modern WRC rally cars like those from Dirt Rally planned for Dirt 2.0? (Ex. Ford Fiesta, Hyundai I20, VW Polo).  I only see R5 cars on the list for more modern rally vehicles (not including the RallyCross vehicles).  PLEASE PLEASE tell me there are more car announcements to come included in the game..... 

With this Like,from Dirt Twitter Account, is pretty much confirmed Lancia 037 Evo 2
@tbtstt

https://twitter.com/johnf_uni/status/1067798779359887360

I think you're right @dani211212, but as it's not concrete proof I'm not going to add it to the list yet!
bpirrie90 said:
Are there no modern WRC rally cars like those from Dirt Rally planned for Dirt 2.0? (Ex. Ford Fiesta, Hyundai I20, VW Polo).  I only see R5 cars on the list for more modern rally vehicles (not including the RallyCross vehicles).  PLEASE PLEASE tell me there are more car announcements to come included in the game..... 
None have been announced yet @bpirrie90, however the first press releases said "over 50 cars" and we have only had 25 confirmed so far, so there are still at least 25 more to come!

Nope no modern WRC cars. The latest would be the C4/Focus era of WRC.

They can't copy the WRC too much or the lawyers might come knocking.

The R5 will be the newest rally class in the game yearwise

bpirrie90 said:
Bad news (for you, I'm happy with R5s): No 2011+ WRC cars, remains to be seen if there will be any 1999+ ones. Wouldn't surprise me if not.

Good news: There are more car announcements to come, they're probably going to drip feed a few then drop a proper list in February (going on previous). Then 5 more in each DLC post-launch.

bpirrie90 said:
It's kinda tough adding "disguised" WRC cars in the game, since CM doesn't have the right to do so. They did it on DR but if FIA wanted, they would be in a big legal mess because of that.

Maybe they'll do the same once again, despite being dangerous business.

Oscar97 said:
The classes are the same as in DiRT 4, with R-GT added.

You're basing that on...?

I agree that's likely but it's hardly fact (RX has no Group B ). Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of classes made way or were saved for expansion via DLC. "Over 50 cars" is the same number as DiRT 4 and we know of several new cars already, so space will have to come from somewhere.

Something tells me we may see WRC cars in the DLC. Not the most recent ones, but from the 2 liter era, which are also highly requested.

I swear we had the 240 on the list already as it's been mentioned a few times, and it's also mentioned on the dirtrally2 website.  However, @tbtstt
I don't see it on the list, but i do see a crosskart, but i've no idea why, as the link of confirmation mentions nothing about it.

I swear we had the 240 on the list already as it's been mentioned a few times, and it's also mentioned on the dirtrally2 website.  However, @tbtstt
I don't see it on the list, but i do see a crosskart, but i've no idea why, as the link of confirmation mentions nothing about it.
The reason may lies in the fact, that Nissan Datsun 240z Is not official confirmed by CM,  its only mention at few site that sell The game..
and The Crosskart are confirmed, as Rallycross class in Stream Show (and in Dirt 4 was only 1 type of Crosskart)

The original 240Z mention was only in a German magazine covering the press launch; this one being retail and clearly being Codies' text I'd say is closer to 'official' confirmation.

I haven't seen any mention of the 240 on the official site @F2CMaDMaXX: if I have missed it though then post a link and I'll add it! As @RodgerDavies has said there was a mention of the car in early previews but I am always reluctant to use those as confirmation: it hasn't happened recently, but there were car(s) mentioned in the early DiRT 3 previews that never made it in the game due to licensing, so I take those articles with a pinch of salt. 

As for the crosskart if you follow the confirmed link it should take you to the DiRT Show "First Look" video where it was mentioned. I don't have the exact time code (and I haven't got time to watch a 40 minute video right now!), but it's in there.

@F2CMaDMaXX they don't mention the exact model, but Crosscarts are mentioned with RX2 and S1600 when talking about RX classes.

So the time link for the crosskarts doesn't point to them, but I understand not wanting to find it again.  I am glad they're back though.

As for the 240z, I'm 98% certain it was listed on the codemasters.com DR2 page (as opposed to the dedicated game .com site) but it's no longer there.

If you constrain a search for dirt rally 2.0 and force it to include 240z you will get all the sites that originally posted the game available as well a the big stores selling it.  The type that just copy and paste the blurb from the likes of the official page.

What I'm saying is, I absolutely saw the 240z on codies page, it is no longer there ;)

Was just thinking could codemasters get away with calling the fiesta,mini,polo,Hyundai rrc (regional rally car) quite a few of the fiestas are rrc just means they can be converted between r5 and wrc

Was just thinking could codemasters get away with calling the fiesta,mini,polo,Hyundai rrc (regional rally car) quite a few of the fiestas are rrc just means they can be converted between r5 and wrc
RRC and R5 aren't/weren't convertible. WRC and RRC were, but that rule (that one must be created with a homologated WRC) no longer exists. Did you know there was an RRC version of the 2013 Polo WRC, which was never available for customers but existed to fulfill the rules?

RRC and R5 aren't/weren't convertible. WRC and RRC were, but that rule (that one must be created with a homologated WRC) no longer exists. Did you know there was an RRC version of the 2013 Polo WRC, which was never available for customers but existed to fulfill the rules?
Never knew that never seen a polo wrc on a regional rally which is a shame 

there you go ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Qa_A4srgw

JoeBlob21 said:

there you go ;) 

That's the WRC car running privately with BRR in Austria.

The RRC version only ran once I believe, at the test in Wales in 2012:

JoeBlob21 said:

there you go ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Qa_A4srgw

Isn't that just an, ex-VW Motorsport, Polo R WRC sold to and being run by Raimund Baumschlager, and his BRR team, in the Austrian championship? Nothing RRC about that. And yes, WRC cars can and do find a home in regional events once their time on the world stage is over.

But he did ask for a VW wrc in a regional rally 
I thought he was asking for a Polo RRC. As in a de-tuned WRC for competition against S2000s and the like.