Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Recommended Posts

spookeyf1 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de5k0quxKU0

Shows full car list at 9:50-ish. Only the Manta in Group B RWD
I believe that's a fan made video based off the list in this post.
Yeah, I agree: and he didn't even credit the members of the forum for doing all the work for him, how rude! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He just took the video from P1TV, made screenshots as they scrolled through the cars list (Where he didn't show all classes) and put pictures in those screenshots - seems this guy had a boring weekend!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LutzM said:
He just took the video from P1TV, made screenshots as they scrolled through the cars list (Where he didn't show all classes) and put pictures in those screenshots - seems this guy had a boring weekend!!!
It's a useful video for anyone looking for the info and not aware of this thread; not sure if it claims "info not finalised" or not because I don't know enough Spanish, but assuming not it's doing no harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's from a pre-build-version, the GT class is not shown in menu etc...
The only thing that help is an official statement from Codies @ChristinaMc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LutzM said:
It's from a pre-build-version, the GT class is not shown in menu etc...
The only thing that help is an official statement from Codies @ChristinaMc
There's another class to the left of R5 in that list video, it's just not selected. RGT is in the preview build as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He says in the video during the car showcase "confirmed so far", so he's just doing a recap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's the RGT class.                            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
normally a codemasters stream must arrive for announced the complete official car  list  for DR 2.0 (christina had announced a stream for January)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yup, that video knows nothing new.

Codies already confirmed that the build we saw last week was a preview release and was not feature complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thierry97 said:
I hope in some WRC maybe even the latest generation :/
Having the latest generation WRCars in a DiRT game would be incredible but, sadly, I can't see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Thierry97 said:
I hope in some WRC maybe even the latest generation :/
Having the latest generation WRCars in a DiRT game would be incredible but, sadly, I can't see it happening. 
They could brand them like DRC  (Dirt Rally Championship) cars but a fictional livery on it and we are ready to go  :D Or is tjhat to simple? The pinnacle of modern rally cars in DIRT RALLY 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
tbtstt said:
Thierry97 said:
I hope in some WRC maybe even the latest generation :/
Having the latest generation WRCars in a DiRT game would be incredible but, sadly, I can't see it happening. 
They could brand them like DRC  (Dirt Rally Championship) cars but a fictional livery on it and we are ready to go  :D Or is tjhat to simple? The pinnacle of modern rally cars in DIRT RALLY 2.0
If there are possible legal implications then I doubt it would be that simple! As I said in my last post it would be absolutely awesome to see the latest cars in a DiRT title but I think the R5 class is the closest we will get to modern WRC.

(I would love to be proved wrong on that last point though!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
P308R said:
tbtstt said:
Thierry97 said:
I hope in some WRC maybe even the latest generation :/
Having the latest generation WRCars in a DiRT game would be incredible but, sadly, I can't see it happening. 
They could brand them like DRC  (Dirt Rally Championship) cars but a fictional livery on it and we are ready to go  :D Or is tjhat to simple? The pinnacle of modern rally cars in DIRT RALLY 2.0
If there are possible legal implications then I doubt it would be that simple! As I said in my last post it would be absolutely awesome to see the latest cars in a DiRT title but I think the R5 class is the closest we will get to modern WRC.

(I would love to be proved wrong on that last point though!)
Agreed. To be honest, the R5s (like the WRX) look a bit overpowered, or too grippy, in game anyway, so they probably drive like modern WRCs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
P308R said:
tbtstt said:
Thierry97 said:
I hope in some WRC maybe even the latest generation :/
Having the latest generation WRCars in a DiRT game would be incredible but, sadly, I can't see it happening. 
They could brand them like DRC  (Dirt Rally Championship) cars but a fictional livery on it and we are ready to go  :D Or is tjhat to simple? The pinnacle of modern rally cars in DIRT RALLY 2.0
If there are possible legal implications then I doubt it would be that simple! As I said in my last post it would be absolutely awesome to see the latest cars in a DiRT title but I think the R5 class is the closest we will get to modern WRC.

(I would love to be proved wrong on that last point though!)
Above all the current carlist is pretty nice to look at isn't it  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. To be honest, the R5s (like the WRX) look a bit overpowered, or too grippy, in game anyway, so they probably drive like modern WRCs...
Well the R5's are pretty damn rapid in real life, though perhaps that performance is a little exaggerated in game...

...if it wasn't for the R5's I think I'd feel quite different about DiRT 4 and DR2.0. The class has reignited my interest in National rallying and it's inclusion in the game has, for me, taken the sting out of not having any modern WRCars. 
P308R said:

Above all the current carlist is pretty nice to look at isn't it  :)
Aside from the 2000cc cars there are a few historic rally car classes I'd still like to see (specifically Group B RWD and Kit Car) but yeah, I think it's a pretty good looking list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've watched a video where a Lancer VI is shown and you can hear the sound. Apparently they haven't touched the sound of it, it's a direct port from DiRT 4. I hope, at least, the handling is proper now.
I just wish they were able to record a Lancer VI sound :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No chance of WRC class - ever seen clauses like "name, likeness" etc?

R5 cars are basically WRC car power from a couple of years ago.  And their handling style is very similar, very much an on rails, wheels in line style if driving, they're very advanced as far as rally cars go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i hope and think  in the season passes (1and2)     they will implement  5 wrc cars  (maybe the ones of 2018 but who cares)
i think the fia will let them do :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No chance of WRC class - ever seen clauses like "name, likeness" etc?

R5 cars are basically WRC car power from a couple of years ago.  And their handling style is very similar, very much an on rails, wheels in line style if driving, they're very advanced as far as rally cars go.
It’s crazy how much R5 cars have developed. They are now as quick, if not quicker than a 2011 Spec Fiesta WRC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×