DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

No chance of WRC class - ever seen clauses like "name, likeness" etc?

R5 cars are basically WRC car power from a couple of years ago.  And their handling style is very similar, very much an on rails, wheels in line style if driving, they're very advanced as far as rally cars go.
It’s crazy how much R5 cars have developed. They are now as quick, if not quicker than a 2011 Spec Fiesta WRC. 
The speed of rally car development in general has long astonished me. 

P308R said:
That doesn't seem like a Mini or does it? What car could it be?

Looks like a Mini to me? 

Well the grill doesn't match and also the emblem in the middle. Something the mini doesn't have.

That's odd. The silhouette looks like a Mini but, as said above, the grill doesn't look right. The grill reminds me of the early Octavia there. 

I don't think so @Rallystu2 because the graphics don't change and we have been able to confirm multiple cars by this method before. Still think it is strange and it could be another 60's class car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X990IuV5Tjk

Looking at it multiple times it most likely is the mini but not 100% sure.

The more I look, the more I see other cars. There's bits of Saab 96 about it, there's bits of ford cortina about it but, there's lots of mini about in imo. Anyone think of a possible alternative?

I've checked some italians but I couldn't find a direct match. Something that comes close is this

But still, it isn't a frontwheel drive or is it? Grill is too small but there seem to be different Healeys around. Second thing, the car in the video has a white color, Mini never had that or did they? To answer, yes they did in the 60ties.

but...

or...Triumph / Sunbeam? Nah...or....if....nah...maybe...nah...

I think it's the Mini, but there was mention by Jon in an early interview of starting in an easy car like the Abarth. That said, it looks more like the Mini than this. It's unfortunate that the class is limited to FWD as a lot of contemporaries were RWD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=abarth+a112+rally&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdr9Lzs5XgAhVTShUIHXWoBU0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1680&bih=922 ?

If it´s not a Mini then my best guess is Alfa Romeo or maybe Saab if Sweden DLC  :)

Well, the class is just H1 FWD, not 60's FWD. And nothing really prevents them from creating a H1 RWD class either.

P308R said:

Don't get your hopes up guys, it's probably a mini with a mid-mounted foglamp (with a black cover on the lamp itself)

tbtstt said:
Definitely a Mini. Willing to bet my steelbook on it. 
Speaking of which, they still aren't confirmed on Amazon! 
Amazon didnt even show the right release date for Deluxe Edition til last Week… Hope to get dat Steelbook anyway.

tbtstt said:
Definitely a Mini. Willing to bet my steelbook on it. 
Speaking of which, they still aren't confirmed on Amazon! 
I know. And I still can’t get confirmation on it either. 
I was holding fire on my pre-order because of the steelbook, but gave up waiting and placed it the other night anyway! 

Babz03 said:
P308R said:

Don't get your hopes up guys, it's probably a mini with a mid-mounted foglamp (with a black cover on the lamp itself)
I'd say that's a Mini. But it kind of reminds me of one of the most beautiful rally cars of all time. Fiat Abarth Rally 124

http://cloud.leparking.fr/2015/10/10/03/47/abarth-fiat-124-spider-fiat-124-abarth-1975-88000-km-rouge_4821425129.jpg