DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

bogani said:
The amount of moaning on social media about the car list is ridiculous too. 
To be expected. Moaning is part of gaming these days. Everyone needs to voice their opinion. Nothing is ever good enough. 
50 cars is enough. Will take some time to master each model on every track...
I'm more disappointed by the amount of tracks, but anyway, in 3 months, dlc !

The amount of moaning on social media about the car list is ridiculous too. 
Whilst I agree with you and I’m really looking forward to what’s there personally (my biggest gripe is the nonsensical class structure but really excited by the modern R classes and the new GTs), it was entirely predictable and manageable by letting info about what wouldn’t be there out in advance IMO.

Personally I really think nowadays people just complain for the sake of it! Apart from the Hyundai (and I still hoping for a freaking surprise on the 22nd), I really don't care about other classes. They are filler. Championships will be run with the new cars (and only lacking the Hyundai and the Proton) we got every single one. And the classics are all there anyways

Can't exactly blame people for being unhappy, to be fair. I've had a bit of a whinge about the car list and the lack of unique stage mileage per country (an even bigger personal complaint) myself. My three favourite classes of car (and those that I have the most emotional connection to) by far from DiRT Rally, aren't in 2.0. I have very little interest in much of anything else that is there, personally. I know one of them definitely won't appear (2010), and if the other two appear with no additions in the way of paid DLC, it'll be a bit of a kick in the nuts.

Rally game choice is so limited that there's bound to be some unhappy people if their favourite stuff is missing that was there previously. There are clearly some outstanding improvements in DR 2.0, but there will always be an emotional pull towards certain cars, classes and countries, followed by the inevitable complaints when those things don't appear. Those that are happier with things will always be quieter, that's just how it works.

Personally I really think nowadays people just complain for the sake of it! Apart from the Hyundai (and I still hoping for a freaking surprise on the 22nd), I really don't care about other classes. They are filler. Championships will be run with the new cars (and only lacking the Hyundai and the Proton) we got every single one. And the classics are all there anyways
Yes, but there's actually demand for championships to be run in the early 2000s era as well, to relive the McRae/Makinen/Sainz/Burns/Gronholm era and their iconic cars. It has been barely run due to that class only having 2 of those cars. Only in D4 we saw the inclusion of a 3rd car (the Lancer VI), but even there we couldn't really race it due to class restrictions and, dodgy physics and soul-less stages.

Thierry97 said:
are DLC expected? new cars or new tracks? :/
So far 2 DLCs are confirmed. 3 locations and 5 cars per each. That means 6 locations and 10 cars total on those 2 DLCs. If it's successful they might do more.

Thierry97 said:
are DLC expected? new cars or new tracks? :/
At least two DLC expected, 5 cars and three "locations" (best guess is two rallycross tracks and one rally location) per DLC. 

The fact is that they will sooner or later run out of RX locations, at least on the official calendar side. That means if the first two DLCs are a success, we might get more rally content DLCs later on, until it's the main focus.

Yup, it's as simple as that.

CM have a support plan in place, some of their choices for release are clearly based around the fact they can release even basic patches.

The deluxe edition covers the cost of the first two DLC packs and if enough people buy that, or buy the expansion packs individually, it shows a business model that will work going forward.

With that, we get new stuff added to the game.

Thierry97 said:
so they are those already listed in the deluxe edition :o
Yes, the Deluxe Edition grants access to those 2 DLCs. It's a good deal, we just need to know more info about that content so that people can make their decision clearly.

Was going to tweak the original post with all the extra details we gleaned in the last week, but I can't see an edit option?

Season one DLC content has been revealed and it includes six new cars:

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON1-v2-620x34

I assume that the C4, Fabia, Focus and Impreza are all 2000cc cars. 

BMW M1 and Opel Manta in a Group B RWD class?  

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Season one DLC content has been revealed and it includes six new cars:

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON1-v2-620x34

I assume that the C4, Fabia, Focus and Impreza are all 2000cc cars. 

BMW M1 and Opel Manta in a Group B RWD class?  

seems like the entire season 1 package is just rally. i guess season 2 will only be rallycross things

Just now, Fr0ntshoT said:

seems like the entire season 1 package is just rally. i guess season 2 will only be rallycross things

Yeah, they said last week this would be just rally: we were told five cars and got six though, so that's a nice bonus!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, they said last week this would be just rally: we were told five cars and got six though, so that's a nice bonus!

ahh, im in love with codemasters right now. they seem to be doing everything right

Christina has just posted in the Discord: 

"However, the Skoda Fabia Rally is 14 years old and competed in the top flight of rally. The C4 is nine years old, and also competed in the top flight of rally. Also, the Subaru Impreza did too... two years before that. (I hope I can count. It is 2019, right?)"

So if I have read this right: 

2005 Fabia  
2010 Citroen C4
2008 Impreza (which would mean it's an S14)(or the S12c, but I'd say that's unlikely)

Just now, Thierry97 said:

but will they all be wrc ???:classic_cool:

None of them will be WRC. Officially.

Check your local championship - they'll be B14 (UK), or A8, or Class 7 (Ireland)......

But the skoda will be like that wrc even if in another class?

Edited by Thierry97

19 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

But the skoda will be like that wrc even if in another class?

It will be a WRC, but not called a WRC!