DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Not sure it should be in this thread, but it's quite interesting it keeps getting teased like this - though i swear it's more likely to be in the next game.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:49 PM, tbtstt said:

Considering that each of these individual cars had the same "S" number for their entire lifespan, it kind of makes sense that Prodrive applied S5 to the WRC97, WRC98 and WRC99 as each were minor evolutions of the original World Rally Car design, where the WRC2000 was a complete ground up redesign.

The S6 (WRC2000) I found on google looks pretty similar to the S5 and this is a complete re-design?
I always thought the S7 (Impreza 2001) we have in the game is the first ground up re-design in years.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, tbtstt said:

Impreza WRC2006 - S12
Impreza WRC2007 - S12b
Impreza WRC2008 - S14

Why are there two S12s and no S13?

@recent topic: I don't believe in any content after Flat Out Pack for DR 2.0. They made it pretty clear the support will go down after that.
I just hope DR3 is not several years away.

6 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The S6 (WRC2000) I found on google looks pretty similar to the S5 and this is a complete re-design?

Cosmetically they are similar (most obvious different on the S6 is the enlarged bonnet vents), but the car was heavily reworked under the skin. Quite a lot of the S6 configuration was transferred to the S7. 

6 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Why are there two S12s and no S13?

The Japanese are very superstitious, so Prodrive skipped the number 13. Incidentally - and I don't know if it is true of all Japanese cars - but you won't find any 13mm bolts/nuts on a Subaru. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Not sure it should be in this thread, but it's quite interesting it keeps getting teased like this - though i swear it's more likely to be in the next game.

I really can't see it coming this late, but the rather persistent rumour makes me want to believe! 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 1

Do you guys know if there is a car list in google docs or text form including the classes?

I want to check which cars I already have in garage or which I'm missing

2 hours ago, WERTJHF884 said:

Could it be, that the Hyundai RX is coming after all?? 

FB_IMG_1585151458193.jpg

Well it isn't officially confirmed yet, but this does make it look more likely! 

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Well it isn't officially confirmed yet, but this does make it look more likely! 

That was my first thought also.. I'm pretty sure the names weren't there before the last update, and why add them without a car? 🤔

Just now, WERTJHF884 said:

That was my first thought also.. I'm pretty sure the names weren't there before the last update, and why add them without a car? 🤔

I am certain they weren't there before and yeah, like you say, it does seem odd to add the names without cars...

...fingers crossed! 

• Agree 3

If i20 RX is coming, so I have fingers crossed for i20 R5 😁 and I still dream of Ford Fiesta R5 Mk2 (Mk8) 😁 something will definitely coming 

Could the publication of the Esports RX also have something to do with sudden appearance of the new drivers? 

1 hour ago, WERTJHF884 said:

Could the publication of the Esports RX also have something to do with sudden appearance of the new drivers? 

Possibly, but the fact that the Hyundai has already been teased does seem like a bit of coincidence. 

Posted (edited)

Latest patch goes live...

...and, although, we still haven't got the i20 we were hoping for we have got:

Modern Rally R5 (1/7)

Ford Fiesta II R5 (World Championship participation reward) (Confirmed here)

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_1_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_2_DWS-1024x576.jp

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_3_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_4_DWS-1024x576.jp

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1