DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

bogani said:
I just want to know if any of the testers spotted a certain car, in the R5 class, whose constructor likes to paint it in white, green and black.
No such thing has been seen... Sadly
Oh boo! Skoda being tough again. Well, in my opinion, it's their loss.

JorritVD said:
Hmm, there were 7 Supercars in DiRT 4.
- Likely 5-6 are going to return (Fiesta Mk7, 208, DS3, Marklund Polo, Ibiza, Focus RS)
- One is likely not to return (MINI Countryman)

Based on the DiRT Show, the GroupB not return. Next to that Landrush not returns. So with the Countryman not return, that makes up about 8 spots for new cars. 

If you check my RX Supercars list i posted earlier:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/358400/#Comment_358400
- Than two spots go to the Audi S1 and Polo R.
- The other 6 spots could go to the Fiesta MK8, MINI, I20, Megane, Beetle and Impreza. 

Maybe optimistic from me, but I don't think unrealistic. 

Now, now, leave some of the new spaces for rally cars. Don't hog everything for RX.

EDIT: @bogani What about lions? Any young (not old) lion? More specifically the one that only claws with its front paws?

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
- The other 6 spots could go to the Fiesta MK8, MINI, I20, Megane, Beetle and Impreza. 

The GR Impreza and MINI Countryman have had no part in the 2018 World RX season, so I'd be surprised to see them in (but not unrealistic to think they might make it!)

Would think the Ibiza would be more likely than the Impreza or MINI as that's been used this year. 
I am talking about the ARX Impreza and Bennett's MINI Cooper. Not about Isachsen's Impreza and the Countryman.

What is the state or relationship with WRX and ARX seems to be coinciding some of the events.  Different rules or something I’m sure but its ran like a FIA/WRX event.  Hopefully there is some licensing cross over because Subaru! 

Don't forget we don't have car information from the test, we had cars that everyone already knows about.
We were testing drivetrains for the most part.

gfRally said:
What is the state or relationship with WRX and ARX seems to be coinciding some of the events.  Different rules or something I’m sure but its ran like a FIA/WRX event.  Hopefully there is some licensing cross over because Subaru! 
They're organised by the same promoter, but ARX isn't endorsed by the FIA. Which might or might not make ARX difficult to add to the game.

I really think that having FIA WRX you have enough RX supercars, also having RX2, S1600, crosskarts, why would Codemasters bother getting the licence of  ARX cars, save money for Skoda Fabia R5 :D

JorritVD said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

The GR Impreza and MINI Countryman have had no part in the 2018 World RX season, so I'd be surprised to see them in (but not unrealistic to think they might make it!)

Would think the Ibiza would be more likely than the Impreza or MINI as that's been used this year. 
I am talking about the ARX Impreza and Bennett's MINI Cooper. Not about Isachsen's Impreza and the Countryman.
I could end up eating my words but I would be surprised if an ARX car ends up in with the World cars. 

From what I understand, although they are run by the same promotor, they are being treated as separate entities.

Bennett's MINI is a possibility. As cool as it would be to see it in game, I would rather have the i20 and Megane! 

I really think that having FIA WRX you have enough RX supercars, also having RX2, S1600, crosskarts, why would Codemasters bother getting the licence of  ARX cars, save money for Skoda Fabia R5 :D

Because Sssuubaruuuu 

@tbtstt here is inteview with Ross he confirmd Classic Mini Cooper and some Abarth fwd model (asume its A112 Abarth)..

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

"Ross: We have to strike a careful balance, because there are very experienced guys in the community don’t want any handholding in the game at all. We’ve got the historic front wheel drive cars such as the Mini and the Abarth…"

@tbtstt here is inteview with Ross he confirmd Classic Mini Cooper and some Abarth fwd model (asume its A112 Abarth)..

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

"Ross: We have to strike a careful balance, because there are very experienced guys in the community don’t want any handholding in the game at all. We’ve got the historic front wheel drive cars such as the Mini and the Abarth…"
Great spot @dani211212! Given that the Mini has been directly named I have added that to the list. I will leave the Abarth off for now until we see it clearly stated. 

Alright, as Christina mentioned, "new GT" class, you should be able to work out at least what new cars could be added from what's out there ;)

Alright, as Christina mentioned, "new GT" class, you should be able to work out at least what new cars could be added from what's out there ;)
Porsche 911 GT3, Chevy Camaro GT4, since Abarth is in the game the 124 could come as well. The Lotus is probable, maybe, but I don't give it many chances, like the Skoda R5.
One thing though is, these cars are likely to be quite limited. They're tarmac cars. Most of the locations will be gravel and if the USA is snow, that leaves only Spain as a place where you can drive them.

I hope there won't be any limits to what surface the Porsche and Camaro can drive on, like with the 208 T16 PP in DiRT Rally

Didzis said:
I hope there won't be any limits to what surface the Porsche and Camaro can drive on, like with the 208 T16 PP in DiRT Rally
That Porsche was supposed to get a gravel homologation too, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Not sure if one has yet, it's eligible for the GT class though.
Speaking of which, saw an awesome Delacour Aston Martin GT4 rally stage vid pop up on my YT list last night. That thing is brutal!

gfRally said:
Has there ever been a new camaro in a rally?  Its just seems so fictional.
There was a Camaro in DiRT3, so at least for DiRT games it isn't anything new

Didzis said:
gfRally said:
Has there ever been a new camaro in a rally?  Its just seems so fictional.
There was a Camaro in DiRT3, so at least for DiRT games it isn't anything new

Well I put DR on a little higher bar for realism than fantasy cars.   Its really just me..  every rally here in the US has thier sh*tboxs and many around here are Comaros/mustangs/pickups.. so it just makes me cringe a little seeing them here.   #willbyreguardless ?

I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4

I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4
But considering how many legit R5s there are, I wouldn't justify that.

All I can ask for is the BMW again. She sounds so damn mean and I love the high rev's, it's literally what I drive 90% of the time in DR.