DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

I feel like majority of the older cars like the E30 we have already had in D4 and DR will return, its the modern cars which seem to suffer from the licencing issues

I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4

I'm with you on that - always thought the Renault Clio would make a perfect R5 base. Project CARS 2 has some excellent fake TCR cars done this way.

Areyouben said:
We’ll still get 50+ cars though. So if we lose a few at least we get some new ones to play around with. :)
Yep, although there were over 50 in D4 so with the 6 new ones officially announced (C5, Golf, Polo, S1 RX, 911, Camaro) and some rumoured (A112, 240Z, Mégane RX), I'm expecting quite a few from D4 to miss out or be held for DLC. I'd be quite happy to lose the 2000s class to start with if it allowed them to focus on filling it out with some new models.

One question for some car counting aficionados; how would you prefer the class structure to be ordered? By power-to-weight/class or by age?

I found it very frustrating in D4 for the Stratos to be in a class with the late 90s Group A RWD cars instead of its contemporaries (over whom it was only superior on tarmac). Other little gripes include the Evo XI being in the same class as the Lancia Delta Intergrale but split from the 2001 cars it actually competed against, the same with the Lancia Delta being separated from the Sierra RS500 and the early- and late-80s RWD cars being together whilst Group B was another class.

Trying to think how they would be classed in my ideal world but, for example, if the Abarth A112 comes to pass, do you think it should be with the Mini and Lancia with its low power or with the 205 and the Golf against whom it competed IRL?

I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4

I'm with you on that - always thought the Renault Clio would make a perfect R5 base. Project CARS 2 has some excellent fake TCR cars done this way.
Talking about R5 cars, I'm still hoping that Opel will give a green light for that Corsa R5 that was showcased last year, that was an absolute stunner.
Don't know anymore at which WRC event it was, Portugal maybe?

sqdstr said:

Talking about R5 cars, I'm still hoping that Opel will give a green light for that Corsa R5 that was showcased last year, that was an absolute stunner.
Yes it was for Portugal, but it was private R5 concept, Opel didnt have nothing to do with it, and it seems will not have.. which is sad..
here more about

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/129852/citroen-starting-from-scratch-with-wrc2-car

sqdstr said:

I think Codies have had quite a good relationship with Opel, with having the Kadett, Manta, Ascona and Adam, so it's a possibility

I'm hoping the national rally classes get fleshed out: R2, R4 and R5. The only thing missing from R2 would be the 208. R4 with Mitsubishi and Subaru (like it was already in D4) and R5 with the VW, Citroen and Skoda added.

And I agree with @RodgerDavies. If WRC can't be properly fleshed out, then focus on other classes. It's better that way.

I'm not sure how Mitshubishi Mirage R5 licensed in D4, but isn't there's possibility for Opel R5 also? Afaik Mitshubishi haven't homogolated that car?

anyways, it's not homologated, so there's a chance for Opel's R5, but has that car ever competed anywhere?

The difference is that Mitsubishi acknowledged the car, even without homologating. Holzer and Opel didn't appear to have any communication about the R5 concept and IIRC Opel asked Holzer to remove the Opel Motorsport branding from their launch.

And nope, it's never run.

@tbtstt Here is post with pic of  Opel Manta 400

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?taken-by=dirtgame

@tbtstt Here is post with pic of  Opel Manta 400

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?taken-by=dirtgame
Excellent spot, now on the list! 

@tbtstt here is video with Ford Fiesta r5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoybKKZg4fl/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again
for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLf5ro9lGk

@tbtstt here is video with Ford Fiesta r5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoybKKZg4fl/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again
for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLf5ro9lGk
I thought we might be jumping to conclusions with that one but, having looked at the reference video, it seems fairly certain, so I have added it to the list!

Sadly this time not Car, just confirmation from Ross for   R2 Class..

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/6-professional-tops-to-help-you-succeed-in-dirt-20

No Fab R5, no reason for me to buy it. :( Game looks absolutely gorgeous though. I'm tempted as it's got the Polo and Fiesta (despite my hate for all stock Fiestas - me likey these).

RomeoRally said:
No Fab R5, no reason for me to buy it. :( Game looks absolutely gorgeous though. I'm tempted as it's got the Polo and Fiesta (despite my hate for all stock Fiestas - me likey these).

#NoFabiaR5noBuy?

The car list isn't fully revealed yet you know. It might be there, who knows. 

;)

I have to admit the game looks epic so far. A couple of suggestions i have. The cars at the top end of the classes i.e. group A, r5 etc are always well represented. I would like to see the lower classes such as:

S1600 cars:
Saxo s1600 1999
Fiesta s1600 2004
Clio s1600 2004

Also some 2wd cars such as:
Vauxhall nova 1992
Fiesta st group n 2005
Mg zr 2003 

All of these cars can be seen at any clubman event across europe. All great fun to watch and hopefully one day, great to drive on the stages of dirt rally 2.0 

Sutywrc said:
I have to admit the game looks epic so far. A couple of suggestions i have. The cars at the top end of the classes i.e. group A, r5 etc are always well represented. I would like to see the lower classes such as:

S1600 cars:
Saxo s1600 1999
Fiesta s1600 2004
Clio s1600 2004

Also some 2wd cars such as:
Vauxhall nova 1992
Fiesta st group n 2005
Mg zr 2003 

All of these cars can be seen at any clubman event across europe. All great fun to watch and hopefully one day, great to drive on the stages of dirt rally 2.0 
I’m with you on the nova and the mg!