DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Don't deviate from the goal guys. The goal is to make an authentic rally game as much as possible. If you start putting fake stuff it just loses its scent.

Post from Prodrive on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/prodriveofficial/photos/pcb.2433609283335697/2433608120002480/?type=3&theater

Codemasters will be recording the Porsche 911 SC RS tomorrow: confirmation of a new car, or are they adapting this sound for the modern Porsche? 

As far as R5s and competition go, I feel there are plenty of real ones which can hopefully be licenced (VW, Skoda, Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Hyundai and maybe Mitsubishi or Proton), but any of these would be suitable for a semi-fictional version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-segment#European_sales_figures (I've been hoping Renault would make an R5 for ages)
I just wish they'd add that Opel Corsa R5 prototype from last year to the R5 class.

tbtstt said:
It wasn't included due to making more sense to spend the licensing money elsewhere instead of having 2(3?) Subarus in essentially the same class, instead of diversifying it.
I think we just need to face facts and accept that a standalone Subaru class is the way to go. 
We call that class Open 4WD in the Canadian Rally Championship...

tbtstt said:

https://www.facebook.com/prodriveofficial/photos/pcb.2433609283335697/2433608120002480/?type=3&theater

Codemasters will be recording the Porsche 911 SC RS tomorrow: confirmation of a new car, or are they adapting this sound for the modern Porsche? 
i think we have a new car...

tbtstt said:

Good spot! Was hoping for a late 70s Almeras one personally (the Esso livery :o ), but sounds like this would be a Group B RWD entry, which is definitely a class in need of an additional machine:

http://www.thedrive.com/flat-six-society/6378/porsche-sc-rs-rally-car-a-tale-of-rothmans

Probably easier to licence seeing as it's a works car too. I suppose with the 'current' class structure there'd actually be room for both, but very excited to see a classic RWD rallying Porsche on the horizon.

Highly doubt they'd use this for sounds for the 997, there are plenty of examples of the latter around.

Highly doubt they'd use this for sounds for the 997, there are plenty of examples of the latter around.
So do I, but I thought I would be cautious before declaring we have a new car! 

It's a shame the rally version of my road car (Aveo in UK, Sonic in US) was only made up for a Transformers film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegqLWvl7WM
There was one Chevy competing in Global Rallycross:

The Sonic I posted was purely a movie prop, as a character was supposedly a rally driver (the video shows pretty much all it was used for).

The Sonic also appeared in this racing series...

OFF TOPIC: That segment of Transformers 4 consistently infuriates me. Who has a 4 seat rally car? NO ONE, THAT'S WHO. 

tbtstt said:
OFF TOPIC: That segment of Transformers 4 consistently infuriates me. Who has a 4 seat rally car? NO ONE, THAT'S WHO. 
Every segment in transformers consistently infuriates me 

tbtstt said:
Every segment in transformers consistently infuriates me 
I am not going to lie: I think the first one is brilliant. 

tbtstt said:
Come on, every Subaru owner drives one daily.  

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
Come on, every Subaru owner drives one daily.  
Or Evo owners ;)

First Look at Fiat 131 

http://gamerknights.com/2018/11/pre-order-content-revealed-for-dirt-rally-2-0-day-one-edition/

I think we should add Citroen C4 to the rumour list along with the other stuff hinted at in Jon's Q&A thingy on Instagram, i think a Skoda R5 was mentioned too.

I think we should add Citroen C4 to the rumour list along with the other stuff hinted at in Jon's Q&A thingy on Instagram, i think a Skoda R5 was mentioned too.
Christina said in the stream that there is a particular car being brought up constantly in the comments but that she has to bite her lips to stay quiet til every thing is revealed, so I think we can assume that the Skoda R5 or Vauxhall Nova is in.

:D 

bogani said:
Christina said in the stream that there is a particular car being brought up constantly in the comments but that she has to bite her lips to stay quiet til every thing is revealed, so I think we can assume that the Skoda R5 or Vauxhall Nova is in.

:D 
Or a 22b! ?

I just read Jon Armstrong's Q&A on his instagram page where he confirmed Spain as the only tarmac location in DR2.0, like we guessed already.
He also confirmed there will be mixed surfaces but didn't mention for which location(s?).
Also someone asked about the kit cars, I really hope they get the Renault Maxi Megane as well to add to the class with the 306 & Ibiza if they (hopefully) also return in DR2.0

So what's the deal with the Kadett? Did anybody from Codemasters even acknowledge the confusion?

I wouldn't go so fast to the WRCs. Remember licensing difficulties and only 50-55 slots available for cars. With the new R5s, new RGTs, maybe a new R2 and new classics, some have got to go to make room. To me, that's the UpTo2000cc class.

sqdstr said:
I just read Jon Armstrong's Q&A on his instagram page where he confirmed Spain as the only tarmac location in DR2.0, like we guessed already.
He also confirmed there will be mixed surfaces but didn't mention for which location(s?).
Also someone asked about the kit cars, I really hope they get the Renault Maxi Megane as well to add to the class with the 306 & Ibiza if they (hopefully) also return in DR2.0
About the mixed surfaces I would guess it's USA, because that's the only location we know nothing about. But idk, in Poland on some stages there were tarmac sections

Julo264 said:
sqdstr said:
About the mixed surfaces I would guess it's USA, because that's the only location we know nothing about. But idk, in Poland on some stages there were tarmac sections

So does the full version of El Condor in fairness...

i really want to see the comeback of the R2 class maybe even an appearence of some R3 cars. they are just really funny to drive.
personally i dream about some S2000...but i fear that will not happen :(