Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

tbtstt

tbtstt said:
Is there a chance we might still see kitcars or 2000cc cars at this point, or does it seem likely they will be DLC now? 
It sure does look like that. We got a look at, at least, one vehicle per class, it's weird not seeing anything from the F2's and the "2000's".
Oscar97 said:
Didzis said:
Wasn't Škoda like notoriously difficult to licence before? Maybe there's a miracle and we'll see a Celica? :D 
Škoda just had some grudge against Codies I think, no idea why. Toyota has a big issue with video games as a whole.
Not sure where you've got that from? I don't recall the Skoda being a specific issue with Codemasters. Toyota seems to be though, as various Toyota models (including rally cars) have appeared in various games. 
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
Didzis said:
Wasn't Škoda like notoriously difficult to licence before? Maybe there's a miracle and we'll see a Celica? :D 
Škoda just had some grudge against Codies I think, no idea why. Toyota has a big issue with video games as a whole.
Not sure where you've got that from? I don't recall the Skoda being a specific issue with Codemasters. Toyota seems to be though, as various Toyota models (including rally cars) have appeared in various games. 
I remember a blog post on Škoda's website where they said DiRT was a bad game series. It was gone the last time I tried to find it, which I assumed meant Škoda would be featured in DR 2.0, guess I was right.

About Toyota, well, it isn't just Codemasters. Games with Toyotas are the exception, not the norm.
Oscar97 said:
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
Didzis said:
I remember a blog post on Škoda's website where they said DiRT was a bad game series. It was gone the last time I looked at it, which I assumed meant Škoda would be featured in DR 2.0, guess I was right.
Oh yeah, I remember that! Was never sure if it was a bad translation or a legitimate dig! 
The Datsun is early 70s RWD, I don't think there is any doubt it will be in the H2 RWD class. Then again, there should have been no doubt about the Stratos being in it either, so I see your point...
I assume nothing until it's in print! :D

(Apart from the Mustang and Camaro, because that seemed pretty certain)
Interesting start to that vid by JoeBlob - 3 R-GT cars selectable (no Porsche) but we know the Porsche is in. Press release game version shenanigans are afoot!

EDIT: wait.. thats just the pre-order malarkey, oops. Also god yes, Vantage!!!!
Snaky115 said:
Interesting start to that vid by JoeBlob - 3 R-GT cars selectable (no Porsche) but we know the Porsche is in. Press release game version shenanigans are afoot!

EDIT: wait.. thats just the pre-order malarkey, oops. Also god yes, Vantage!!!!
The Porsche appears in the race results at the end: as you say, press release version shenanigans in full effect! 
Now that I really think about it, the car list has to be incomplete, in this preview build. Why? The numbers don't quite add up. 38 rally cars, plus 12 rallycross cars is 50 cars total. 'Over 50' implies, at least, 51. The Porsche 911 can't count since it's not a part of the base package any player gets just by purchasing the normal game. Codemasters are probably aiming for a count of around 54-55. We stand at 36 known rally cars, at the moment, and, with classic RX being held for DLC, more RX cars are unlikely, so 12 is probably their final number. I think we have a minimum of 8 cars we don't quite know about yet. Likely the Sierra Cosworth, the Lancia 037 and the Delta S4 will be three of them. The remaining five could be the two Kit-Cars and the 2000cc cars, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them.
Likely the Sierra Cosworth, the Lancia 037 and the Delta S4 will be three of them. The remaining five could be the two Kit-Cars and the 2000cc cars, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them.
Yeah, I am thinking pretty much the same: those historics are surely in and I'd be very surprised if the kit cars haven't made the cut. It's the 2000cc cars I'm unsure about.

Hopefully CM will surprise us! 
To be honest, a 2000's class would only feel really good if there were more than the 2001 Focus and Impreza!We at least need the Peugeot and the Skoda - as they obviously have the licenses from both manufacturers as we see in the R5 class!!!
When they add more cars to this class and release the whole cars in a DLC I'm ready to wait...
I read about WRC 8
"WRC 8 will also offer a selection of WRC 2 and Junior WRC drivers as well as a few historic models to be revealed very shortly. Talent and concentration will be needed to overcome more than 100 special stages taking place in 14 countries. Upgrade your car to unprecedented new levels of detail and develop your team in an in-depth and intense career mode."
maybe thats the problem with 2000s?
I remember from First Dirt Show, there was said only 2 Colin McRae's car will be in game, most likley Sierra and The Impreza is confimed allready.

Archived