Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

RamjetX said:
I've had a Codemasters account since the original Race Driver. For some reason over the years there must have been a reset of user names and now someone else has my Ramjet name so I'm not worried ... (irony is, he lives near me and has literally the identical rig... kinda spooky).
The old forum closed down and we moved to this forum in 2014.

nbates66 said:
RamjetX said:
Yeah look... QA people don't code.... it's not typically an interchangeable resource. I project manage everything from Telecommunications to operational systems (software development) and can with great confidence tell you that this isn't the case.  
Yes, but the development resources need to respond to the issues that get discovered.
RamjetX said:
The only impact to the development will be schedule and costs.  
The entire point i'm trying to make is that attempting to implement VR for launch will impact the schedule, costs, quality and quantity of the content!
Its not like vr users get the game for free. They will buy it, and i would guess most of the people who invest this kind of money to play sim games will buy the dlc to. use this money to hire people to do the vr so it dont affect anyting else. Lets say you get a exta 10 000 sales because of vr at 30£. Thats 300 000£. That auth of give you more than enouf to cover the expence and then some. And you will get more positive pr and a happy community. And thats not counting dlc.

@SamAWD  ,,,,Why did you create a second account ?  I't really does look like you've made it solely for trolling the VR folk in this thread ?  seeing as you've harrassed every VR poster here with derogative replies ,,,,,,

I'm really surprised at the forum mods for not pulling you about your constant trolling,,,,

@SamAWD  ,,,,Why did you create a second account ?  I't really does look like you've made it solely for trolling the VR folk in this thread ?  seeing as you've harrassed every VR poster here with derogative replies ,,,,,,

I'm really surprised at the forum mods for not pulling you about your constant trolling,,,,

Because his original account got banned by mistake, that has since been corrected.

Areyouben said:

Because his original account got banned by mistake, that has since been corrected.
You mean he got banned for trolling but the mods decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

To rebuke two common argument, one on either side: 

"VR is a tiny fraction of the user base" - this may be so, but that group may contain a lot of higher rated streamers and early adapters/influencers leading to more sales. Also, if hardware uptake increases, having VR support will potentially open it up to sales to a 'VR market' in addition to a sim/racing one. On the other hand, Codemasters may be working on a new engine with support and plan to use this as a headline feature in a future title.

"10,000 VR users at £30 each equals £300,000" - no it doesn't; read up on distribution channels, it would be a fraction of that. I can't remember the exact amount, but Steam's cut is about 30% for a sale, so the reality is that Codemasters only see a fraction of that. 

---

@SamRWD Where are you getting this 1% or "three people" from? 

As previously mentioned, I'm not into VR at all but you seriously need to let this go and allow peolpe to ask for it as a feature without fear of being baited. Codemasters asked for people to make their requests known and this thread is a perfect forum for it. Yes, there are some childish 'cm sux never buy agen' comments but the majority of folk are expressing an honest opinion.

For example, I'd love to see better, more in depth AI in the next DiRT and I can create a thread on it; if enough people agree with me then it will gather some momentum and if they don't then it won't. Only a small percentage of players may notice. Same with multiplayer improvements. I couldn't have given a stuff about 'Clubs' for D4 personally, but online leagues and eSports are a growing market and many game companies whose wares I play are investing in this area; it's of no benefit to me, but I'm not going to tell anyone who is interested in those features that they're wrong.

Amyway, just chill out in this topic please, there are other threads on this forum that would benefit from your opinions and thoughts :)

stevemontuno said:
You mean he got banned for trolling but the mods decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I am using VPN because of my work everyday. If I login using VPN, forums autoban system bans me. It happened twice, but I figured out that was an actual reason, so I will be fine.
As for this topic- I wrote what I have to say and I trust that logic, not emotions will let other people who just looked here draw their own conclusion.

I'd like to know what kind of content would be added after the release + DLC, instead of VR. The majority of the game would be done by then.   If the game is good at its core, people will buy it at launch and during sales based on that.  I don't think a few extra "features" or polish will sell more copies than VR implementation.  VR shouldn't get in the way of improving physics or a bunch of minor additions that most people wouldn't notice.  That's why I think it's worth doing VR, unless they plan on adding a lot more countries.  For that to be worth it I'd say in addition to the DLCs they'd have to make 3 more with DiRT Rally polish or something people who don't own the game may see and notice they're still doing big updates after initial release. The updates would have to be something the majority of owners will shell more $$ for than new VR players.  Now if there are massive bugs obviously they should be fixed before anything else.  Seems like CM is in wait-and-see mode until they see the number$.

"10,000 VR users at £30 each equals £300,000" - no it doesn't; read up on distribution channels, it would be a fraction of that. I can't remember the exact amount, but Steam's cut is about 30% for a sale, so the reality is that Codemasters only see a fraction of that. 

The game cost 42£. 42x0,7 =29,4 so i rounded up to 30. This is norwegian krones converted to pound. 

kellemann said:

The game cost 42£. 42x0,7 =29,4 so i rounded up to 30. This is norwegian krones converted to pound. 

Fair play, my bad - I thought you had used a lower price as an average to factor in price drops and sales

I think most of the no vr, no buy will be there day 1. I`m buying the delux edision the day they annoncr they working on vr. If not i will play dirt rally 1. I have a racing rig thats vr only, "many" people do.

Sam and AreYouBen are correct, he was autobanned by the anti spam software for logging in with a banned ip address. If he'd been banned by a mod/admin his posts would also have been deleted.

If he had been banned for anything he has posted in this thread he wouldn't have been the only one banned as this is the most reported thread on the forum at the moment.

And keep posting this on every gaming and racing forum you are a member of: https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4
:

I get the impression reading this thread that people seem to think you need to add a couple of lines of code and voila VR compatibility! :/

I'm glad these annoying VR people weren't around when DR was launched 3 years ago!

I get the impression reading this thread that people seem to think you need to add a couple of lines of code and voila VR compatibility! :/

I'm glad these annoying VR people weren't around when DR was launched 3 years ago!
Why are you in a vr threds with all these annoying people? Besides when dirt rally was in early accses codemaster lisend to the community and added vr support. 

Oh we were around... but it's 2018 now and sim racing has moved on and VR is now the standard ;)

What a shame if it turns out that they go ahead without VR. They could at least make comment somewhere that our voices has been heard, and that they've decided to not include VR regardless. 

I can see Codemasters doing what they done with dirt 4, saying VR might come later to get buys then it never comes... not only did it never come to dirt 4 but they did not update or support the game at all, I kinda felt ripped off with dirt 4.

kellemann said:
I think most of the no vr, no buy will be there day 1. I`m buying the delux edision the day they annoncr they working on vr. If not i will play dirt rally 1. I have a racing rig thats vr only, "many" people do.
Yep, my rig is only VR. Can't play any non-VR game on it any longer, sold the screens that went with it because I simply couldn't go back to racin gon them.

Guys, it's starting to be pathetic.

You are the most whiny, babycrying customers I've ever seen.

Not to mention, stop creating multi accounts and even be proud of it - whoever is commeting all over internet that he's creating lots of accounts just to spam it.

I'm really surprised how egoistical VR owners are.

Choices are allways better. Once up on a time ther was wheel users who had to do the figth. Maybe someday you will buy a vr headset and then you wanne play your old game. And maybe there is a reason why people are so passiond by vr, just saying...

Why don't you start a Kickstarter then for VR in DR2.0 if you're so interested. Better than faking change.org votes. Meet a reasonable goal of money and we'll see how much of you VRer's are willing to pay for it. Like it's been said countless times, it's not a cheap addition and it takes work. It's not about adding one or two lines of code.

Money has always spoke higher, so make your interest real and start making a money pool. Kickstarter money only gets unlocked once the corresponding dev has attained a goal, so regarding security that's ok. Consider a cost of 20€ for each purchase for VR functionality. DR VR version cost 29€ when it came out.

No VR No Buy, No Money No VR.