Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

kellemann said:
lilfurbal said:
a lot of DR1's popularity is actually due to it being a VR game
Wrong. The game was already successful before VR was added, over a year after the games official launch.

This is not true. Dirt rally early acsess had vr support from day 1(dk2),the official realsease was 11. july . 6 month after realease.

I used the EA release date as Juulius said the game had VR before the Finland pack, which was during Early Access. .The game did not have VR during Early Access,  Early Access was launched April 2015, VR was added July 2016.

https://www.roadtovr.com/dirt-rally-vr-review-oculus-rift/

Juulius knows what I meant.

juu1ius said:
Official support came later, thats true

kellemann said:
lilfurbal said:
Wrong. The game was already successful before VR was added, over a year after the games official launch.

This is not true. Dirt rally early acsess had vr support from day 1(dk2),the official realsease was 11. july . 6 month after realease.

I used the EA release date as Juulius said the game had VR before the Finland pack, which was during Early Access. .The game did not have VR during Early Access,  Early Access was launched April 2015, VR was added July 2016.

juu1ius said:

Read your own link: The Early Access beta, which itself was unusual for the studio, resulted in plenty of community engagement and saw some experimentation, including early VR support for the Rift DK2

DiRT Rally did not have official support for VR until Dec 2016, yes people could get it working with DR, but it wasn't anything official.

https://www.dirtgame.com/timeline     In this roadmap there is a fix for oculus in june 2015. But if you say so....

kellemann said:
kellemann said:
lilfurbal said:

juu1ius said:

Read your own link: The Early Access beta, which itself was unusual for the studio, resulted in plenty of community engagement and saw some experimentation, including early VR support for the Rift DK2

They had experimented with VR before Dirt Rally, so VR is not a result of the early access.

so what are you guys arguing about exactly ? My point was, that there was a hint, that D4 failure was thanks to VR implementation  for Dirt Rally and that's not clearly true. 

juu1ius said:
so what are you guys arguing about exactly ? My point was, that there was a hint, that D4 failure was thanks to VR implementation  for Dirt Rally and that's not clearly true. 
And you know this how? Ofcourse they would have more sales. look at all the no vr, no buy comment on dirt 4 forum. But exatly number is hard to get, 

kellemann said:
juu1ius said:
And you know this how? Ofcourse they would have more sales. look at all the no vr, no buy comment on dirt 4 forum. But exatly number is hard to get, 
Wait, what? I'm just saying that Dirt4 lack of content was not thanks to resources used for Dirt Rally VR support at the same time, because the implementation was done long before. 

juu1ius said:
kellemann said:
juu1ius said:
Wait, what? I'm just saying that Dirt4 lack of content was not thanks to resources used for Dirt Rally VR support at the same time, because the implementation was done long before. 
Sorry. i read "thanks to no vr". My bad :)

kellemann said:
https://www.dirtgame.com/timeline     In this roadmap there is a fix for oculus in june 2015. But if you say so....
There's a difference between adding a fix to something and officially supporting the thing that has been fixed. For example, modding/re-skinning is not officially supported in DiRT Rally, but Codies have fixed issues that the modding community on the forum have experienced.

You said"The game did not have VR during Early Access,  Early Access was launched April 2015, VR was added July 2016" but it did. If you can play it in vr it has vr. If they allow modding in dirt rally 2 so people can modd vr, the game will have vr even if its not official. But if you insist there werent any vr in early acsess will have to argree to disagree. 

Can Codemasters please just confirm VR-Support? They said they think about it when there is demand. On all forums and media channel every 2nd thread is asking for vr. So they should announce it now and everyone is happy..

They've categorically stated multiple times that VR will NOT be included at launch.

If they confirmed it now, as a DLC, people would then cry that it's not included at launch. It's not going to happen.

They've categorically stated multiple times that VR will NOT be included at launch.

If they confirmed it now, as a DLC, people would then cry that it's not included at launch. It's not going to happen.
Some of us will actually be happy for a comfirmation that its comming. I dont mine waiting a couple of month(febuary is packed) but i will ofcourse not buy it before its in the game. And aslong there is no comfimation we will ask for it. 

It doesn't matter when it comes, it just matters that it does at some point, for me at least.  I'd personally preorder the deluxe version the moment it gets  announced, even if they say "it'll be in the game a year after launch (2 DLCs first)."

This is what I can't stand about people who make crazy demands over a feature. Sure, DiRT 4 didn't do well, but it's because it was too underwhelming, not from VR being removed. Now these self-entitled kids began to whine and moan that DiRT Rally 2.0 will not have VR and start protesting. It's sickening.

As if PC elitists weren't enough, VR elitists rose up and began to make repeated demands for VR to be implemented. That's basically like demanding their parents to add money from their credit cards so they can unlock lootboxes that end up giving them the same items over and over, with rare items being quite slim. What's next, are they gonna start demanding the devs (not just Codemasters, but other gaming devs too) to add VR for ALL games? Christ, it's kids like them who are never gonna be satisfied at all.

I myself will rather buy the game without VR and still have fun. I'm a serious racer myself yet do not use VR because moving my head around too much will result in motion sickness so I'm perfectly fine without it. But the majority here claiming that they'll refuse to buy DiRT Rally 2.0 is just silly. I'm not against VR, but I am, however, against people who make repeated demands in which they're also giving gamers a bad reputation. No game should have VR as a mandatory feature, seriously.

I guess the old saying goes when it comes to the majority of people complaining about the lack of a single feature, haters gonna hate. :|

All racingsims should have vr as a mandatory feature. And many of us dont have a screen on our rig anymore so we cant enjoy the game anyway.(Not that i wold play it that way after having experienced dirt rally in vr) And adding vr to a racing sim is not a crazy demand  whan all other serius sim on pc has it. 

But on another note: we just reached 2200 signatures :) Keep up the good work and help spread the pertition to other racingforums: https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

Another issue with petitions is the fact that one person can sign it a million times really.

And many of us dont have a screen on our rig anymore so we cant enjoy the game anyway.

Hardly Codemasters’ fault you handicapped yourself like that.

afahoy said:
And many of us dont have a screen on our rig anymore so we cant enjoy the game anyway.

Hardly Codemasters’ fault you handicapped yourself like that.
Actully after playin dirt rally vr i desided to never go back :) But joking aside, its codemaster fault that they cut vr from a sequel

Don't even own a monitor no more so won't be able to buy dirt2.once I tried it in vr I couldn't go back.gutted.dirt is he best rallying sim ever.

I stopped taking petitions seriously, if I'm being honest, especially when most petitions often go ignored or unsolved, no matter how many signatures they've been added, or how urgent they sound. And for racing sims to have mandatory VR would be like making ALL games have VR, first-person shooters included, which makes me wonder if they've even played games properly in the first place. It's kids nowadays who make cheesy demands, which is basically like demanding parents to fork over their money for lootboxes instead of the necessities.

I tried VR myself, really, I did. I was on the verge of passing out from all the constant movements around my head yet the majority claim that they have no such health-related issue, as if they were immortal or something. If I buy the game without the need of a VR and get a lot of hate from others, they can sure as hell try, because I'm not changing my mind, at all.

OneTwo12 said:
I stopped taking petitions seriously, if I'm being honest, especially when most petitions often go ignored or unsolved, no matter how many signatures they've been added, or how urgent they sound. And for racing sims to have mandatory VR would be like making ALL games have VR, first-person shooters included, which makes me wonder if they've even played games properly in the first place. It's kids nowadays who make cheesy demands, which is basically like demanding parents to fork over their money for lootboxes instead of the necessities.

I tried VR myself, really, I did. I was on the verge of passing out from all the constant movements around my head yet the majority claim that they have no such health-related issue, as if they were immortal or something. If I buy the game without the need of a VR and get a lot of hate from others, they can sure as hell try, because I'm not changing my mind, at all.
Why would anybody hate you for buying a game?  And sim racing games where you are in a cockpit is 50x more suited for vr then a first person shooter where you are freeroaming. All can be dissy if they try out a roller coaster standig up in vr. Trying a racinggame while sitting and holdig a ff-wheel is a completley different story. And stop calling everybody who dissagree with you kids. 

kellemann said:
And stop calling everybody who sissagree with you kids. 
Perhaps if the pro VR camp wasn't so good at completely ignoring counterpoints brought up then discussion could be more civil.