VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

CM actually killed GRID series with Grid 2 and Autosport (let's be honest, both suck)
I mean let's be honest, that is your opinion and it doesn't match most of the games' steam playerbase...

There
How do you know it is the best game? That was said about dirt4 to...

To be honest the footage they showed gives me an idea of another arcadish game rather then a sim. I hope I am wrong with that.

Eitherway at this point I dob't believe one word Codemasters say about a new game. To bad but it is them who brought me to that point.
This is off topic. I believe Dirt Rally is the rally game of choice right now, that's all. I'm sure many rally fans/sim racers would support that statement. This is about CM's support for VR, for which they said they have no intention to support it right now. So if not now, when? We'd love to know.

You sound like you don't like Dirt Rally. Dirt 4 really felt a bit rushed out in my opinion. Marketing will always be positive, for anything, whether critics consensus is the same, well that's different.

Janneman60 said:y
How do you know it is the best game? That was said about dirt4 to...

To be honest the footage they showed gives me an idea of another arcadish game rather then a sim. I hope I am wrong with that.

Eitherway at this point I dob't believe one word codemasters say about a new game. To bad but it is them who brought me to that point.
That's your opinion. D4 was a boomer, but it points a rather strong need to change, since CM actually killed GRID series with Grid 2 and Autosport (let's be honest, both suck).

DR was made on a budget, a very risky project with funds being acquired on the verge of development. Why is it so good? Because it's different. Why D4 is so bad? Because CM gave the original series a last shot, finally realizing people wouldn't stand default DiRT anymore. They've already tried a more mature approach with D3 even though it was pretty much sluggish. Question is it was sim-focused, despite still featuring arcadish handling.

What to expect from DR2.0? Perhaps a core sim which traces back to its roots. As @mumblesh said before, maybe CM didn't promise VR because letting people down like this would be worse. Do they have the know-how? Obviously. But let's not forget this game is being developed on a rush, since D4 came out on August last year.

I'm not telling you to buy the game on pre-order or even after launch. But to debunk all of CM's efforst, which is clearly listening to the community (they could've announced D5 if they wanted to) to bring us a sequel to their best game to date, is so meaningless and embarrassing.

We already don't have good rally games. Gravel is pathetic, as it is WRC1~7 (new gen) and Sébastien Loeb Rally (why do Milestone keep trying so bad to create games this poor). The best we can do is at least offer some kind of support. CM will surely reward players who stand by their side.

I liked colin mcrea (2) because it sort of pointed a way to sim racing even before we knew that term. Dirt 1, 2, 3 I didn't even thought a moment of buying that, just not my cup of tea. Should have known that something called dirt4 would be pointless to buy.

Nevertheless all footage of dr2 looks more like dirt4 as it looks like dirt rally. So I will not step on the hype-train and wait for what reviews gives. And probably with good reviews still wait till VR is implemented

I liked colin mcrea (2) because it sort of pointed a way to sim racing even before we knew that term. Dirt 1, 2, 3 I didn't even thought a moment of buying that, just not my cup of tea. Should have known that something called dirt4 would be pointless to buy.

Nevertheless all footage of dr2 looks more like dirt4 as it looks like dirt rally. So I will not step on the hype-train and wait for what reviews gives. And probably with good reviews still wait till VR is implemented
Footage shows a game way different than D4, but ok, your point of view, not gonna judge lol

Nobody has ever forced you into buying the game. If you don't believe it's good enough for you, that's your right then to not buy it. It's your money and you may do as you please.

Reviews are there to help people out when making this decision. By reading them, you're actually doing what everybody should, so thumbs up. I'll be one of the reviewers so I hope it may be of use for you.

You don't like Dirt Rally? Have you played it? I ask because you mention the Dirt series, not Dirt Rally, which is not related to that series. I admit it's not quite the full package, but it wasn't planned to be. It's still the best rally game since Colin McRae in terms of how it feels. I have high hopes for Dirt Rally 2, and we have very good YouTubers who know their stuff these days, who will easily talk you through the game to help you make your mind up. I would love to see how you do at the game! The full rally-cross license is a good thing too. :)

mumblesh said:

You don't like Dirt Rally? Have you played it? I ask because you mention the Dirt series, not Dirt Rally, which is not related to that series. I admit it's not quite the full package, but it wasn't planned to be. It's still the best rally game since Colin McRae in terms of how it feels. I have high hopes for Dirt Rally 2, and we have very good YouTubers who know their stuff these days, who will easily talk you through the game to help you make your mind up. I would love to see how you do at the game! The full rally-cross license is a good thing too. :)
I think you get me wrong here. I'm addicted to dirt rally with over 1400 hours in the game ?

mumblesh said:
I don't like some who have the reaction that "without VR I ain't buying". That's so childish.
Dirt Rally has been my favorite game for most of the last two years. And you know what? Without VR support, I am not buying DR2. I am not saying it because I am disappointed, but because I have zero interest in playing flat.
Always been a racing sim fan, never liked rally games though. Bought DR because of VR, bought wheel and racing seat because of Dirt Rally in VR.
I d rather play DR2 in VR and have no wheel support!

If VR players say they won t buy the game without VR support, it gives code master an idea of the potential market they will loose.
They choose not to support VR, fine! I choose not to buy... I would have pre-ordered the full version if they had.

I think it s better to say it, than just give up on what could be my favourite 2019 game

zissakos1 said:
Can people please stop calling people wo say "no VR no buy" childish? What is so childish about that? It's adults (players) talking to other adults (Codemasters) why they won't buy the product they are currently producing/developing. For the producer of a product, it is a very helpful insight into customers's minds about buying decisions and can give a feeling about how much of a market is there.
Would you buy any product out there? If you buy a TV, or a mobile phone, you just buy anything? You don't check the features first? When you buy a car, you don't have minimum requirements? Never gone to a car salesperson saying "I want a car with <enter_favorite_feature_here>?" That's exactly the same! It's telling the sales/producing business what customers want.
And since when are customers not allowed to say what they want?
Well that's what we do too! And guess what, standards are rising and evolving. Would you buy a TV without FullHD Resolution (or without 4K these days)? Would telling the salesperson "no FullHD/4K no buy" be childish? It's your minimum criteria for a TV, so that's totally your right as a customer!
And for many simracers VR has become a de facto standard. Codemasters (management) just hasn't noticed it yet. So it is our right to tell them. And guess what, by telling them so early in the production process, we are actually doing them a favor, because now it might not be too late to consider it in the development process!
Would it be better to not say anything at all and then when the game releases a majority of simracers just not buy it and say "oh it doesn't have VR support so I don't buy it". How would CM feel? "Had we known people want VR so badly we might have considered it..." Well, we are raising our voice to prevent exactly that from happening!!!
My point exactly! Companies love to have feedback about their product, because it helps them sell more and improve their offer.

If people just give up on non VR games, without saying why, companies will just have to find out why or stop making games.
I am not buying a non VR game I will not play. I ll just keep playing dirt rally and other VR compatible games...

hi guys,

I hope that in the end you pay attention to these requests and include a vr mode. After having tried vr with Dirt Rally, any other experience without this format does not reach the desired level. I hope you make an effort so that finally VR is available.

Best Regards! ?

mumblesh said:
I don't like some who have the reaction that "without VR I ain't buying". That's so childish.
Dirt Rally has been my favorite game for most of the last two years. And you know what? Without VR support, I am not buying DR2. I am not saying it because I am disappointed, but because I have zero interest in playing flat.
Always been a racing sim fan, never liked rally games though. Bought DR because of VR, bought wheel and racing seat because of Dirt Rally in VR.
I d rather play DR2 in VR and have no wheel support!

If VR players say they won t buy the game without VR support, it gives code master an idea of the potential market they will loose.
They choose not to support VR, fine! I choose not to buy... I would have pre-ordered the full version if they had.

I think it s better to say it, than just give up on what could be my favourite 2019 game
Well, you already gave up lol

But don't worry, there'll be plenty of reviews for you to read in the future. Place your bet.

The last comments in this thread are just so cringy and elitist I want to puke. As I always said, if you don't want it, don't buy it. You're not forced to.

I gave in and currently building a pc and order a vr headset as well. Really looking forward to trying dirt rally vr. Hope I don't turn into a no vr no buy after I try it lol. What is everyone's experience with motion sickness if I don't have a motion sim

Fizzlenog said:
I gave in and currently building a pc and order a vr headset as well. Really looking forward to trying dirt rally vr. Hope I don't turn into a no vr no buy after I try it lol. What is everyone's experience with motion sickness if I don't have a motion sim
Curious-which Headset did you order? unfortunately it seems Valve released a SteamVR update in the last few weeks that has broken every WindowsMR headset for Dirt Rally and various other apps -
https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/issues/1121
I spent a week trying to diagnose a new performance issue until I found out about this. Right now there are specific spots I get heavy stuttering and changes to settings make no difference whatsoever.

Fizzlenog said:
I did the same a few weeks ago, was really nervous with DR2.0 not supporting it day 1 but I absolutely loved DR with it. Was absolutely amazing, literally game changing. Just make sure to change the camera shake to mimic the vehicle.  There is an option to either have your head be a stability cam and not move within the vehicle (which made me sick) or to move with the vehicle which solved all of my problems.

Well, motion sickness varies from people to people. But you eventually get your VR legs.
It took me about one month to get rid of it. But it can be hard at first. Like play 10min and feel sick for an hour...
You really need to play with comfort settings and see what fits you best

For the multitude of reasons stated on this forum and elsewhere. NO VR, NO BUY! Plain and simple CodeMasters, please include it. Have a good day = )

Thanks for the tips guys. I bought the oculus and I assume dk2 is the latest? I hear it has some of the best tracking but does have sde.

Fizzlenog said:
Thanks for the tips guys. I bought the oculus and I assume dk2 is the latest? I hear it has some of the best tracking but does have sde.
I hope the seller didn't claim that was the latest... the DK2 is one of the earlier development kit headsets, with a resolution of 960×1080 per eye, the ACTUAL consumer Oculus rift has a resolution of 1080x1200 per eye, for comparison the HTC Vive is also 1080×1200 per eye(1440x1600 for the ridiculous Valve money-pit stacker that is the HTC Vive Pro), Windows Mixed reality headsets are mostly 1440 × 1440 per eye, except for the Samsung Odyssey headsets which are 1440x1600 per eye, the flip side is that Dirt Rally VR requires huge amounts of processing power and higher resolutions take considerably more power to run, in addition as I've previously mentioned Valve managed to break Dirt Rally VR performance for WMR users with their SteamVR update.

On the subject of headsets, if there are so many believers why hasn't anyone made a VR headset choice guide here?

racerg48 said:
For the multitude of reasons stated on this forum and elsewhere. NO VR, NO BUY! Plain and simple CodeMasters, please include it. Have a good day = )
It's funny how players still say #novrnobuy and "please include it" on the same sentence lol

Feels like "I won't buy your shitty game but I will buy it anyways". Hilarious.

racerg48 said:
It's funny how players still say #novrnobuy and "please include it" on the same sentence lol

Feels like "I won't buy your **** game but I will buy it anyways". Hilarious.
What's hilarious about that? Saying "no VR no buy" and "please include it" in the same sentence literally means that "I won't buy the game unless the feature I want (VR) is included so please include it". I think it's perfectly reasonable to not buy a game which doesn't include a feature you're really looking forward to. At that point you can only hope that the game developers are going to implement the feature so you get the value you demand for your money.

Jepsertti said:
What's hilarious about that? Saying "no VR no buy" and "please include it" in the same sentence literally means that "I won't buy the game unless the feature I want (VR) is included so please include it". I think it's perfectly reasonable to not buy a game which doesn't include a feature you're really looking forward to. At that point you can only hope that the game developers are going to implement the feature so you get the value you demand for your money.
And the funny thing is you don't have to buy the game.

Small Team got a change to try and make a rally sim game for pc and the result is dirt rally. Then the console players did want a piece2 and they got it but wined abouth how hard it is to drive with pad, arg!! You tards allready have WRC serie for pads. now they try and make it more for consolegaming forgetting the pc! i just bouth VR set only because of this 2.0 game. There is so many arcade rally games on market allready. I wont buy it! fu

Add me to the list of people that won't be buying this game without VR support.  I have a full rig, Fanatec wheel, shifter, hand brake, etc.  I decided a while ago to remove the monitors from my setup because VR is so immersive, using monitors just feels wrong. 

Maybe this will open up enough demand for iRacing to add Rally stages.

I have the feeling they will add VR support later on. They need money, so I see the release as early access.

I am not too happy about the current car list and track locations, so I ll just hope the game won't tank and there will be DLC with old cars, and classic rallies and VR.
Till then, the game won't exist for me, whereas I would have bought it full price for early access with VR.