VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

Beside the first question if there is demand for VR they never said anything about VR. They answered no questions on Twitter ... so meanwhile I've removed it from my wishlist and looking every month in the forum what's happening here.

Yep. They haven t said anything, which means they haven t even started anything. So VR is dead for now and will be (at best) for months, probably years.
They might bring a pay DLC later on, after all seasons are out. So this one will be a pass...

What's the point to join VR community later on, when overall interest in this title will be the past?

I'm on PS4 and I'm sure most are aware of the very limited library of driving games for PSVR. So I never really looked into it or bothered following the VR world at all. I'm a racer and it was hard to justify the expense for one game (DiRT Rally). Well, in November my wife and kids tried PSVR at a friend's house and they all went nuts. I did not try it. My wife was like "we have to get one of these".

Enter Black Friday. PSVR bundle with Creed and Superhot VR and two Move controllers for US$250. Done. Unfortunately I couldn't try it until recently because we were on a trip.

I honestly thought VR was just something that allowed you to look around at stuff. I had no idea about the 3D element. We had a blast trying the new games and a whole bunch of demos.

Then we got my wheel out and fired up GT Sport. I was blown away. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

Then we tried DiRT Rally. I was floored. Last night I did the Weekly in Monte with the Polo and holy **** was it amazing!

I am so awed by VR that I even bought Driveclub VR! That's how incredible the experience is. Even a mediocre racer like Driveclub is amazing in VR.

I'm not going to hop on the #NoVRNoBuy bandwagon because as a PS4 user I would be missing out on a lot of racing titles if I went that route. But I will say it is extremely disappointing that VR is on hold for DR2.0.

Given that DR has basically just been transformed into a brand new game because of VR I'll just play that for now and wait for some news regarding DR2.0.

@LudwigVonMises great post - I don't have any interest in VR myself, simply because it's not that affordable for me at the moment, but that's the ideal argument/post in support of it that I can get right behind.

@LudwigVonMises great post - I don't have any interest in VR myself, simply because it's not that affordable for me at the moment, but that's the ideal argument/post in support of it that I can get right behind.

Same with me. I can't afford a VR set even for the PS4, but I have nothing against it at all. In fact, I love VR ever since I tried it last year, but all this hate over DR2.0 makes me go nuts and I just can't stand it. It's kinda pathetic saying you won't buy a game because of the lack of a feature, even though you'd still push the matter over and over in hopes of a confirmation for something you had no promise at all.

All this heavy criticism is unreasonable. If CM wants to go VR, good for you. If not, don't be a dick and let them do their work.

I could never imagine that Dirt Rally 2.0 would come without VR.
Honestly, i thought Dirt Rally 2.0 would be a even better and more polished version than Dirt Rally as the suffix 2.0 suggest. So this Lack of a feature is a disappointment : (.

Alot of people,myself included  wont be able to play the new game as we dont have monitors on our rigs. that is why people are so pissed off and leading with the novrnobuy hashtag.imagine they made the game vr only.....youd be pissed to

I bought my DR2 on the day of announcement, I think. Never tried VR with DR 1. However, I got a cheap Rift a couple of months ago. Haven't had the time to even open the box, but I am looking forward to DR in VR!
I am hoping that DR2 will have it too, or get it at some point. I'll still be playing it in non-VR if it doesn't -nothing will stop em from doing that!
But to make my investment worthwhile, which other PC racers are Oculus Rift compatible?

I went to bother them a little on Twitter :
https://twitter.com/FloSimRace/status/1091327462573834242
https://twitter.com/FloSimRace/status/1091327743441154049

Their answer where we learn ... nothing :
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1091328360914006017

What do you want them to tell you?

The community managers can only relay the informatiob they’re given. It’s the senior executives that make the decision as to whether Vr is included or not. 

The game hasn’t even launched yet, and they’ve got much bigger things to worry about. 

Nothing. I was even surprised to be answered.
I just notice that Codemasters prefers to prepare several DLCs rather than evoke the VR that is requested since the announcement of the game ...

There are priorities and VR wasn't one for the base game. It's not just about wanting things, it needs to make sense budget-wise.
You guys will eventually have your VR.

Honestly it's quite annoying to see how entitled some of the VR community is... No one is required to make a game available on a platform. At least you can play the game if you just get any kind of monitor... Also I'm sure there is some kind of software out there which allows you to play games in front of a virtual tv or something...

Some guy on Reddit posted in multiple places that during a chat in Cologne CM had affirmed that the VR crowd had been heard and that its addition was being considered. 

Anyone heard that from a reliable source? 

Some guy on Reddit posted in multiple places that during a chat in Cologne CM had affirmed that the VR crowd had been heard and that its addition was being considered. 

Well I'm 99.99% sure they have talked about that inside their studio at some point. It basically means nothing though. DX12 support was announced for EGO3 in 2015 and the beta released in 2018.

Of course it's being considered - I imagine they're in a lot of serious discussions about how to go about it.

Nothing. I was even surprised to be answered.
I just notice that Codemasters prefers to prepare several DLCs rather than evoke the VR that is requested since the announcement of the game ...
DLC and a support programme was requested since DR1 three years ago. Get to the back of the line :tongue:

Just want to thank Codemasters for adding VR, I'm really looking forward to its release. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nRosko said:

Just want to thank Codemasters for adding VR, I'm really looking forward to its release. 

You can probably thank Oculus/Facebook for this. 

• Agree 1

So finally Oculus helped to bring the real fun and immersion to Dirt Rally 2, as the DR 1 implementation is quite good so that's could bring also a good implementation. 

I'm really seeing forward to summer to add a new rally game to my VR experience.

Edited by Peter Mathen
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, eXerfit said:

You can probably thank Oculus/Facebook for this. 

You know things aren't black or white, right? It's probably a bit of both...

• Agree 2

On 2/9/2019 at 7:10 AM, nRosko said:

Implying they are doing that entirely thanks to community requests. It's obvious a advertising deal made this possible, otherwise PSVR and Revive would also be confirmed.

4 minutes ago, DreamyGhostZ said:

Implying they are doing that entirely thanks to community requests. It's obvious a advertising deal made this possible, otherwise PSVR and Revive would also be confirmed.

Nobody works for free, except slaves.

Edited by AIPacino
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AIPacino said:

Nobody works for free, except slaves.

This comes to mind (as someone trying to grow my own company in Video Production):

exposure.png

• Haha 1