VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

I've never been so angry with a game developer... I thought VR would 100% be in it from launch no question. If this is true I've lost the last bit of hope I had for Codemasters and I will never buy another Codemasters game!!

Agree with most other views here. Still holding hope for PSVR support, will be very dissapointed and probably keep playing DR if they don't include it. It's my go to VR experience. Nothing like that full perspective of the vehicle rotation. I seem hold lines and   hit apexs easier with it too. Just awesome to be able to play all of Dirt Rally in VR. ?

zissakos1 said:
eXerfit said:
Either way, when Kunos (AC), Slightly Mad Studios (Project Cars), iRacing, the microteam that makes Live for speed and the ONE guy who made VR possible on RBR, a game from 2004 can do it, why can't Codemasters do it?  Hell, even Codemasters has done it before in Dirt Rally. Their target audience is about the same people so the "we'll look into it if there is a demand" **** argument is invalid. 

THIS!!!!
That is EXACTLY the Point. We all know that it is not just a matter of clicking some Buttons. But whatever effort it is, others are doing it, and Codemasters HAVE DONE IT IN THE PAST!!!!

For DR Codies got handed a big bag of money from Oculus and Sony to implement it (well after launch, mind you) so they'd have something to show off their hardware on. That's the whole thing. VR support does little to nothing for game sales, but a good VR title can make a massive difference for VR sales. It's still not at the critical mass needed for it to be a priority for game companies.

For DR 2.0, a VR implementation might yield... say 1000-2000 extra sales from the VR crownd that simply won't buy it if it doesn't have VR. But if DR 2.0 gets VR support, it might sell 5000 VR sets. Considering VR sets are 400€ and a game sale is 40€ it's quite easy to see who has incentive for getting VR implementations done.

I hope DR 2.0 will get VR support down the line, since it's a title that might give me the final push to get a HMD. But it sure as hell won't fail due to not supporting VR.

Dytut said:
zissakos1 said:
eXerfit said:
Either way, when Kunos (AC), Slightly Mad Studios (Project Cars), iRacing, the microteam that makes Live for speed and the ONE guy who made VR possible on RBR, a game from 2004 can do it, why can't Codemasters do it?  Hell, even Codemasters has done it before in Dirt Rally. Their target audience is about the same people so the "we'll look into it if there is a demand" **** argument is invalid. 

THIS!!!!
That is EXACTLY the Point. We all know that it is not just a matter of clicking some Buttons. But whatever effort it is, others are doing it, and Codemasters HAVE DONE IT IN THE PAST!!!!

For DR Codies got handed a big bag of money from Oculus and Sony to implement it (well after launch, mind you) so they'd have something to show off their hardware on. That's the whole thing. VR support does little to nothing for game sales, but a good VR title can make a massive difference for VR sales. It's still not at the critical mass needed for it to be a priority for game companies.
do you have a source for that? i have seen that claim a few times now but no one actually ever had any source that oculus paid cm for dirt rally vr.

Dytut said:
zissakos1 said:
eXerfit said:

THIS!!!!

For DR Codies got handed a big bag of money from Oculus
I still fail to see any source for this. I don't see why would Oculus give a huge bag of money for Codies in 2014 to do an experimental VR mode which doesn't even work on consumer rifts now.

Yeah I agree, Oculus and Sony are not going to fund like that. A company I did some artwork for had been chasing investments from Oculus a few years back, with a VR only project, and it was impossible to get trough that. So an investment for a project that’s not even VR only, or a certain VR brand exclusive, is not very realistic. Same as Xbox not funding when the project comes to PS4 as well.

UP100 said:
Dytut said:
zissakos1 said:
eXerfit said:

THIS!!!!

For DR Codies got handed a big bag of money from Oculus
I still fail to see any source for this. I don't see why would Oculus give a huge bag of money for Codies in 2014 to do an experimental VR mode which doesn't even work on consumer rifts now.
what do you mean. of course DR runs on consuemr rifts. its sold on the oculus store?!

It's like they don't believe we won't boycott their brand for VR. Truth is... The boycott started the moment they released F1 and Dirt 4 without VR support. They didn't even fix the vr support that stopped working on the oculus update for autosport. 

Codemasters is on a boycott. Has been for a couple of years. And will continue to boycott as long as they don't include consumer standard features now for racing titles like VR support.

If they don't miss my sale. That's cool. I won't miss their title.

No VR no buy...

once you go vr you cant go back

please do not do this to the hardcore sim racers.

Techna said:
No VR no buy...

False. I went VR and had zero problem going back. 

looperi said:
Can you really not get VR done for 10 000? Even close?
Honestly, no.  We would not want to release a bodge job (drop everything to lowest/off, have plenty of popping and frame drops) so that means many people's time.  If we wanted to do PSVR as well there are first party requirements for that.  There is a lot of code (most disciplines) time needed, art, QA, design and of course a producer to make sure it happens.

bogani said:
Techna said:
No VR no buy...

So your the first i heard that from.

All i know and there are some.... are also like "once VR in Racing never going back to Flat" many of them had Simrigs with Triple Screen Setup and now just a VR Headset.

Yes 10k would really be just a Prototype ;) 

But honestly... you CM had the chance to Implement VR on your Engine so every Game you Develop can Profit of it.

I am so glad the reaction is so strong, if it has VR support then it's a must for many out there if it does not then it literally cannot compare to the original title, if realism is the premise this game is sold on, it really makes me wonder what else they may have nerfed. one Peed off Dirt Rally 1.0 fan. and while were at it stick it in all of your games and ill buy the others too. I used to see Codemasters as one of the big names in the business, most of the sim's with VR support have tiny dev teams, AC 1, Raceroom, Rfactor 2 to name a few. what are you thinking? can you at least answer the question? 

afahoy said:
“141 people so far have voted they have VR headseats. Thats 7747euros in potential preorders, most surely lost.”

No it’s not “most surely lost” – just because a few fanatical VR purists won’t buy due to lack of VR, doesn’t mean all VR owners are like that.

I haven't seen a single VR player saying he will buy the game if there is no VR. And I think there will be casual VR players buying it if there is VR support.
If you play with a wheel, would you pre-order Dirt Rally 2.0 if there was no wheel support? Or even buy it? With no guarantee it comes as a patch later on? I don't think so...

I admit, I not gonna buy any racing/rally sim which provides no VR support.
The reason is simply: I cannot enjoy playing them on monitors. In fact I sold my set of 3 monitors
For me it's strange decision to not support VR at beginning. VR is not only about output device which has to be supported. It's about some game elements which have to be prepared for it. Like menu navigation, size of graphical elements, maybe custom positioning of HUD elements etc.
So plan of adding VR later, may just result in greater effort then if it would have been designed from beginning.

surtic86 said:
bogani said:
Techna said:
No VR no buy...

All i know and there are some.... are also like "once VR in Racing never going back to Flat" many of them had Simrigs with Triple Screen Setup and now just a VR Headset.

I tried it and nearly threw up, haven’t wanted to put one back on since

I haven't seen a single VR player saying he will buy the game if there is no VR
Are we really doing this? Yes I have a VR headset and yes I am buying Dirt Rally 2.0 even if VR is absent on launch, I've only played 3 Rally games out of Codemasters entire library so I have a lot of catching up to do!

surtic86 said:
bogani said:
Techna said:
No VR no buy...

That is quite common. Took me a week to overcome that problem. And after a 3 week holiday mostly I have to stop the first time as well. But well I am one of those guys getting seasick when crossing a river with a ferry ☺

If you want Codies to consider implementing VR threatening to not buy the game unless they add it at the start, even though they have already told you they won't be doing that isn't going to work.They will already have looked at the numbers of people currently using it in DR and concluded that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost of implementing it at launch. It's as simple as that.

However, there must be enough users for them to have decided to look at it after the games release, when it doesn't detract the from the development of the core game.

Having the same people posting the same stuff in different threads won't change their minds, it happens with different features in every game.Ask the #norewindnobuy crowd that tried the same technique when DiRT Rally was launched

Seriously, if you want them to pay attention to you you will have to do something else. You keep saying that there are enough of you to make it viable, there's a poll asking for the inclusion of VR that has been created by @Jepsertti. The results so far are interesting #noVRnoBuy are currently being outvoted by #addVRlater at a rate of 3 to 1.and #noVRnobuy are equal to #noVRever. Who do you think Codies are going to listen to based on the current voting?

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140708/dirt-rally-2-0-vr-support#latest

If you want Codies to consider implementing VR threatening to not buy the game unless they add it at the start, even though they have already told you they won't be doing that isn't going to work.They will already have looked at the numbers of people currently using it in DR and concluded that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost of implementing it at launch. It's as simple as that.

However, there must be enough users for them to have decided to look at it after the games release, when it doesn't detract the from the development of the core game.

Having the same people posting the same stuff in different threads won't change their minds, it happens with different features in every game.Ask the #norewindnobuy crowd that tried the same technique when DiRT Rally was launched

Seriously, if you want them to pay attention to you you will have to do something else. You keep saying that there are enough of you to make it viable, there's a poll asking for the inclusion of VR that has been created by @Jepsertti. The results so far are interesting #noVRnoBuy are currently being outvoted by #addVRlater at a rate of 3 to 1.and #noVRnobuy are equal to #noVRever. Who do you think Codies are going to listen to based on the current voting?

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140708/dirt-rally-2-0-vr-support#latest

codemasters already pointed out that it isn't there on release. So realistic conclusion noVRnobuy is senseless. Add VR later is a possible option, I hope this weekvandvthe poll helps to convince cm to implement it.

I didn't post the link to Jepsetti's poll to try and get Codies to implement it for launch, I know that isn't going to happen and I agree with their choice, I added it to show people how to voice their opinion in a constructive way instead of harming their chances of getting it implemented, which tbh is what they are doing at the moment.

I canceled my order of dirt 4 after learning of its lack of VR support.

It will be terribly disappointing if its not in the next dirt rally, to the point where I can't buy it. Dirt Rally in VR is my current go to for off season training. 

surtic86 said:
bogani said:
Techna said:
No VR no buy...

That is quite common. Took me a week to overcome that problem. And after a 3 week holiday mostly I have to stop the first time as well. But well I am one of those guys getting seasick when crossing a river with a ferry ☺
First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly