VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

After the masterpiece Dirt Rally, VR joined in and improved this one again! The first rally title on the PC in VR has also made this race more realistic.

I would be very happy if you could make this experience possible again for Dirt Rally 2.0, theire are more VR owners who are very enthusiastic about racing than you think.

In general, I'm looking forward to the second part, the handmade routes and just that you can work on what you enjoy and then us!

Thanks for taking

First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly
Which VR games did you play? There exist games that make me sick in 5 minutes. However, if it's a racing sim where I sit in a fully modeled cockpit, then I can play for hours.

In general, if the VR game has a large enough portion of geometry that's stationary to you, it's less likely to cause motion sickness. Games like racing and flight sims which have cockpits are good. Games where you don't move around too much, like Job Simulator, Beat Saber, Superhot, are also pretty good. First person shooters in VR are definitely the worst.

VR motion sickness is extremely content dependent, not as much player dependent. Don't write it off just because you played the wrong game.

I have the opposite problem to most of you guys. I am buying DR2 no matter what (already paid for the delux). However, I want to try VR so badly in the original DR, and maybe Grid Autosport, but can't justify buying all the VR gear for just those two games. I was really hoping DR2 would have VR support from the get-go so I could buy the gear and enjoy DR1 in VR right now until DR2 is released.

yoyoML said:
First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly
Which VR games did you play? There exist games that make me sick in 5 minutes. However, if it's a racing sim where I sit in a fully modeled cockpit, then I can play for hours.

In general, if the VR game has a large enough portion of geometry that's stationary to you, it's less likely to cause motion sickness. Games like racing and flight sims which have cockpits are good. Games where you don't move around too much, like Job Simulator, Beat Saber, Superhot, are also pretty good. First person shooters in VR are definitely the worst.

VR motion sickness is extremely content dependent, not as much player dependent. Don't write it off just because you played the wrong game.
Dirt rally on PSVR

I'd pay extra for vr support. I don't particularly like the precedent it would set but I'd do it anyway. 

zissakos1 said:
So Codies could now do the impossible and get external help (if needed) to implement VR *in parallel* to the core programming.
I don't think It's possible to do this without significantly effecting the release timeline, too much chance of something going pear-shaped and ending up spending time on significants re-write close to release that could instead be going toward perfecting the rest of the game or QA, don't you dare tell me they can just spare time away from work on things like the handling model, stages or pace notes after the complaining I saw about Dirt 4.

toxaq said:
I pre-purchased DIRT4 because I wanted to support a company that was making amazing racing games in VR. Seriously, Dirt is the ultimate. However I've never even opened DIRT4 because I just have a single crappy monitor that's only use is configuring things to open in VR. I couldn't get a refund on this unusable game (for me) as I missed the 14 day launch period as Steam didn't notify me. So you've already got one full price out of me for doing nothing, you're not getting another unless you support VR in your future games. I would pay you more for VR. I would pay for more stages to be added to the original Dirt! I have money I want to give you! 
I got D4 on sale. but like u never played it much. I wanted vr in it so badly but gave them a pass because dirt 4 wasnt their "serious sim" figured they were not adding vr to d4 because thats what DR was for. So imagine my surprise when I hear this.

I don t care about excuses... If dirt rally didnt support wheels, how many would buy it?
No VR support means no buy.

I am dying for more content, but I already skipped Dirt 4, will do the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 if I have to!
exactly. wheels are expensive as fuck. Ive seen wheel setups more expensive than a vr headset. the % of people who race with wheels must be equal or less than VR. Even less % for those with triple screens.  I dont buy it

If I would pay extra for VR? Since Dirt4 I never ever buy a codemasters game in pre order. I would wait for reviews of gamers if it is worth it. Then I would gkadly pay more for a VR version.

jones1876 said:
I don t care about excuses... If dirt rally didnt support wheels, how many would buy it?

I am dying for more content, but I already skipped Dirt 4, will do the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 if I have to!
exactly. wheels are expensive as ****. Ive seen wheel setups more expensive than a vr headset. the % of people who race with wheels must be equal or less than VR. Even less % for those with triple screens.  I dont buy it
Well, your feelings and the actual facts are different... get with reality. 

So we're almost at 1,000 signatures in just a few days for the petition.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out and sign!  I didn't make the petition, I'm just trying to spread it:

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

I'm with the majority of NO VR NO BUY and I have signed and shared the petition far and wide as like most I just can't work out why with all the games out there that support VR as did DR1.

Come on Codies do the right thing as in VR support for DR2 

Por favor, necesitamos que dirt rally 2.0 soporte VR, muchos de los que compramos Dirt rally 1, lo hicimos por el soporte VR, es un gran juego y deberia de ser el "juego de rally definitivo", sin VR no será un simulador completo para todo tipos de jugadores. No dividais vuestro publico! #NoVRnobuy.

Well as we can see the demand is definitely there, this topic has been top of the forums since the game was announced and the petition has 1000 signatures already and probably only 1% of the people that want VR know the petition exists...  So get it done Codemasters!!

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

Dytut said:

For DR 2.0, a VR implementation might yield... say 1000-2000 extra sales from the VR crownd that simply won't buy it if it doesn't have VR. But if DR 2.0 gets VR support, it might sell 5000 VR sets. Considering VR sets are 400€ and a game sale is 40€ it's quite easy to see who has incentive for getting VR implementations done.

1000 signed! Damn, my predictions that I pulled out of my behind hold up well so far ;-) 

I'll buy it anyway, but DR 2.0 VR support would be a dream come true.
Cmon codies, invest in the development of VR support for your new engine & make your sim base happy aaaaand transfer the development to upcoming F1 titles ;) WinWin

EDDSkitz said:
jones1876 said:

exactly. wheels are expensive as ****. Ive seen wheel setups more expensive than a vr headset. the % of people who race with wheels must be equal or less than VR. Even less % for those with triple screens.  I dont buy it

according to the steam hardware survey there are more vr headsets then wheels.

My interest in Dirt Rally 2 is completely gone, if there's no VR support. A racing title with a realistic approach needs VR these days. There's nothing more to say.

RWDsam said:
Ross himself said Codies are gonna listen what community wants- VR implementation, OR more work on the core game.
You might want to include that information in the OP- VR DLC means we won't get DLC that we would get otherwise- locations or cars. It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone.

i think its a ridicolous statement to suggest that they cant work on both. content and vr support. its pr talk nothing else. they go out of their way to actively develop for motion platforms but try to tell us that there are to few people to work on vr support....

it is what it is :-) i think its a shame how he worded his answer. he suggested that vr development would mean that everything else would suffer from it. but thats not the case for any other developer out there. at this stage i think their engine is shit and cant handle vr properly and they are to scared to say how it is.

i hope all you monitor players enjoy dirt rally on a screen. i cant enjoy games on screens anymore. you might think novr nobuy is childish, but it dont think anyone of you would spend money for something they dont enjoy. i cant enjoy simracing without vr anymore so i cant justify spending money on something i woldnt play to begin with. thats why novr nobuy makes sense for many of us.

MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
jones1876 said:

according to the steam hardware survey there are more vr headsets then wheels.
Yeah, sure there are...

MTOJay said:
i think its a ridicolous statement to suggest that they cant work on both. content and vr support. its pr talk nothing else. they go out of their way to actively develop for motion platforms but try to tell us that there are to few people to work on vr support....

it is what it is :-) i think its a shame how he worded his answer. he suggested that vr development would mean that everything else would suffer from it. but thats not the case for any other developer out there. at this stage i think their engine is **** and cant handle vr properly and they are to scared to say how it is.

i hope all you monitor players enjoy dirt rally on a screen. i cant enjoy games on screens anymore. you might think novr nobuy is childish, but it dont think anyone of you would spend money for something they dont enjoy. i cant enjoy simracing without vr anymore so i cant justify spending money on something i woldnt play to begin with. thats why novr nobuy makes sense for many of us.

Good riddance then...