Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

@looperi

What about those of use who have been waiting even longer for a proper rally sim? Why few people owning VR feel entitled to demand resources to be forwarded for their sole benefit? Don't you think that getting a chance to play a rally sim on a monitor for everyone is more important than making everyone experience lacking so couple people can switch monitors for VR? If people are so emotional about rational discussion, what happens if they get VR, but something important is suddenly lacking? They will be first to complain too. Just imagine another wave of insults and childish behavior.

If you want VR, buy the game. And then come here, be nice and convince use that it is a good idea to add VR. VR is the future, but it is not next 6 months future. Not nearly that.

I personally didn't care about the whole issue, but those two- three people who were crying all over forums made me stand my ground in discussion.

looperi said:
UP100 said:
looperi said:
What on earth are you going on about? VR title? No one wants content cut/postponed from the actual game!
I suggest somebody reads the poll about VR. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140708/dirt-rally-2-0-vr-support/p1

Option 1, Yes: I want VR support at launch (despite VR support taking time and resources away from core game development) 41%

Option 2, Yes: I want VR support as a DLC or an update (despite possibly having to pay for it) 45%
Let's remember that people who reply to these polls are ones that want VR. Those without VR don't care enough to even check the thread.
I agree with you completely, that's why I didn't bother including the NoVR votes in my post.

The comment wasn't about VR v No VR, it was about the fact that nearly half of those who have voted for VR inclusion actually do want content cut or postponed until VR is implemented. I'm all for VR being added at a later date, like it was in DiRT Rally, even though I don't use it myself, but like most of VR later voters I am a forum regular and realise that VR is important to some people.

Most of VR now voters are, like @SamRWD says, new accounts. In fact, most of those VR now voters only voted after Codes released the video saying they will not be launching with VR included because it will impact the games development. Which goes against what @looperi (and @MTOJay) about no one wanting VR at the cost of game development.

I think what your missing with those votes is that people (like me) who were previously extremely satisfied with the game now find a game breaking feature lacking(for them/us) and feel the need to atleast understand how something like this could happen.  Remember that some of us have been waiting years for this and then we suddenly hear we cant even play it?
In all honesty i think the wound of no VR @ launch(or ever) is still too fresh and people are just upset about it and voting for "VR for launch no matter what it takes" as an act of desperation/angry backlash, becouse they really really(i really do) want to play it.
It isn't game breaking though and you can still play it just not necessarily enjoy it quite as much.
thats completely up to each individual. no its not game braking in theory. but at the end of the day a game on static 2d window is game braking for me personally. i can not enjoy it anymore at all. i dont say its the same for everybody but i personally even took off my screens from my rig. so for me it really is gamebraking. of course i could get a single screen back on to my rig. but i have absolutely 0 desire to do so. i wouldnt play it anyway. for me its not enjoyable so i wont buy it because of that.

its either vr or wont own it at all. if it gets vr later in its life due to a dlc thats fine for me. i will get it then. if not i will never own it. (just like i never bothered to get codies f1 titles or dirt4 or any other racing game that doesnt offer vr support)

SamRWD said:
@looperi

If you want VR, buy the game. And then come here, be nice and convince use that it is a good idea to add VR. VR is the future, but it is not next 6 months future. Not nearly that.

what the hell? do you honestly buy stuff you have absolutely no need for just for the sake of it? i dont buy anyhting i cant use. what a mentality is that? i buy it when codemasters build a game that fits my needs. if they dont do that then that is their choice and thats fine and i wont buy it. just like everything else in life :-) i get stuff that i personally think deserves my money.

you can call me childish all day. i never demanded anything. i just said i dont pay money for something i have absolutely no use for. would you buy a fork if you need a knife? of course not.

but if the company builds really nice forks and they say if there is demand they would build a matching knife if people want it, then you probably would say "hey, good idea yeah i would take one of those knifes".

you really think you deserve this game more then anybody else. you really think you are waiting for a rally sim longer then many of us, its not like we are not waiting mate. we are wiating just like you :-) . i dont know where your entitlement comes from. maybe you think you are someone special regarding this game, but that could not be further from the truth. being a member of this community doesnt give you any more entitlement over the game compared to the rest of the world.

and if you want it or not, the fact taht all those days after the announcement the most discussed topic still is vr still points to the fact that people actually want it. and you discussing along the line and answering every single comment helps keeping this topic alive.

you can tell yourself all day that this is 1% against 99%. all i see on all channels, youtube, twitter, forums, reddit, basically anything social regarding this game is people thinking that this game deserves vr.

this isnt only 1%. you can tell me it would be me and my 2 friends over and over again. i dont care. if i look around there are a hell of a lot more people and everybody is talking about this topic. doesnt matter how riled up you get about it and it doesnt matter that you think it isnt so.

have a nice day mate. i hope we get vr at some point - if we do i will shoot you message and we will settle that in a rally :-)

@MTOJay

I wasn't talking specifically to you, not everything in life is about you. And your special VR needs. Don't buy the game then. But don't come back crying for VR DLC later on, because we will want tracks and cars instead.

of course not everything in life is about me :-)

and be sure as hell that i come back. i will not shut up. as long as codemasters says there is a chance that we get vr after release i will not shut up until they say us it will or will not happen eventually.

they could come straight out of their gates and shut me up completely. just need them to tell me that there is no chance this game gets vr support.
as long as their stance is that they want the community to tell them if they want it i will be around.

you can count on that.

SamRWD said:
@looperi

What about those of use who have been waiting even longer for a proper rally sim? Why few people owning VR feel entitled to demand resources to be forwarded for their sole benefit? Don't you think that getting a chance to play a rally sim on a monitor for everyone is more important than making everyone experience lacking so couple people can switch monitors for VR? If people are so emotional about rational discussion, what happens if they get VR, but something important is suddenly lacking? They will be first to complain too. Just imagine another wave of insults and childish behavior.

I personally didn't care about the whole issue, but those two- three people who were crying all over forums made me stand my ground in discussion.
???? You are getting a proper rally sim. And if you want VR dont buy the game. Wait for vr, and then buy ofcourse. its not like codemaster woulden make any money implementing vr. I am pretty sure all the no vr, no buy people slaes will easely cover the cost, and then codemaster can hire a vr guy on this project. Last time they realesead a game(onrush) every where i looked people was begging for a inclution for a normal racemode. Diden happen, game bomb, half the team laid of. If your making game today lisen to YOUR comunity. And dirt comunity(exepet you) want this game to have vr and be very sucsess full. I have really big problem seeing your agenda. Why are you in a vr begging therd complaining about vr. 

kellemann said:
 If your making game today lisen to YOUR comunity. 
This. And community want a 100% rally sim. Not 100% minus resources to put VR in.
/thread

looperi said:
I think what your missing with those votes is that people (like me) who were previously extremely satisfied with the game now find a game breaking feature lacking(for them/us) and feel the need to atleast understand how something like this could happen.  Remember that some of us have been waiting years for this and then we suddenly hear we cant even play it?
In all honesty i think the wound of no VR @ launch(or ever) is still too fresh and people are just upset about it and voting for "VR for launch no matter what it takes" as an act of desperation/angry backlash, becouse they really really(i really do) want to play it.
No mate, I'm not missing anything. I understand that people like yourself love DiRT Rally in VR and that DiRT Rally 2 without VR won't be the same for you. What you don't understand is that the approach you guys are currently taking won't work. I've been a member of this forum for over a decade and the threat method never works. We've had it with rewinds, All Cars All Tracks, a return to DiRT 2 + 3 arcade style racing, Gymkhana. What happens is new or low post count members find out that their favourite part of the game isn't being included in the next one and they go mad, flood the forum with posts about their cause, annoy the forum regulars (who are the people who asked Codies to make DIRT Rally in the first place, if it's in the game it's because a forum regular asked for it) and then wonder why they got nowhere.

I've tried telling you how to get your request across in a way that Codies will listen to and you won't alienate forum regulars, a lot of us have VR headsets as well you know. ;)

SamRWD said:
kellemann said:
 If your making game today lisen to YOUR comunity. 
This. And community want a 100% rally sim. Not 100% minus resources to put VR in.
/thread
actually. if we go only by what we see when this topic is discussed then the majority of people voicing their opinion is that they want a rally sim including vr support. but maybe i am just dumb and can not read. but everything i have read so far strongly suggests that there is demand for vr.

the fact that they opened the community questions with vr and said before that "there is one big one that has been cropping up so we are gonna adress that straight away!" paints a pretty clear picture. they heard us, they know that there is demand. you can tell yourself its a minority but thats simply not true.

https://youtu.be/w6NXyxQmMQ0?t=357

MTOJay said:
actually. if we go only what we see when discussed this topic then 

Actually stopped reading at this point.

SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:

alright. sry corrected it. english isnt my first language. mistakes happen.

MTOJay said:
SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:

alright. sry corrected it. english isnt my first language. mistakes happen.
My apologies, I didn't mean it that way. I can seem harsh, but I am not an asshole. English is not my first language either, and I didn't even notice that there is anything wrong there in that sense.

I meant that if you try to reason by stating that this topic means anything as a statistical data, then I am out.

SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:

You are so out of touch of what dirt rally comunity want, that you should aply for a job at codemaster. When 70% of all coments on sosilal media is about vr maybe there is a demand. And dont worry, you are getting a new rallysim. VR isen gonna destoy this game for you in any way. Relax

looperi said:
UP100 said:
looperi said:
What on earth are you going on about? VR title? No one wants content cut/postponed from the actual game!
I suggest somebody reads the poll about VR. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140708/dirt-rally-2-0-vr-support/p1

Option 1, Yes: I want VR support at launch (despite VR support taking time and resources away from core game development) 41%

Option 2, Yes: I want VR support as a DLC or an update (despite possibly having to pay for it) 45%
Let's remember that people who reply to these polls are ones that want VR. Those without VR don't care enough to even check the thread.
I agree with you completely, that's why I didn't bother including the NoVR votes in my post.

The comment wasn't about VR v No VR, it was about the fact that nearly half of those who have voted for VR inclusion actually do want content cut or postponed until VR is implemented. I'm all for VR being added at a later date, like it was in DiRT Rally, even though I don't use it myself, but like most of VR later voters I am a forum regular and realise that VR is important to some people.

Most of VR now voters are, like @SamRWD says, new accounts. In fact, most of those VR now voters only voted after Codes released the video saying they will not be launching with VR included because it will impact the games development. Which goes against what @looperi (and @MTOJay) about no one wanting VR at the cost of game development.

It isn't game breaking though and you can still play it just not necessarily enjoy it quite as much.
Maybe it is not game breaking for YOU. I would have to buy a decent monitor, a bracket to fix it on my playseat and a headset. After the dirt4 disaster I won't spend that money unless reviews convince me the game is worth it even without VR. But until then I wait and see what happens.

kellemann said:
SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:

You are so out of touch of what dirt rally comunity want, that you should aply for a job at codemaster. When 70% of all coments on sosilal media is about vr maybe there is a demand. And dont worry, you are getting a new rallysim. VR isen gonna destoy this game for you in any way. Relax

This is another example why it is impossible to heave a reasonable conversation with you. It is not about %, it is about numbers. VR is a niche.

I just want a great Rally game. VR or no VR is of little consequence.

Great game is foremost
VR support is a luxury item as most players don't have VR.

Why oh why did codemaster make that comment of not getting another feature if we get vr. How out of touch can you be. Starting a war on forums. A lot of bad PR. people beeing scared they dont get a complet game, and figthin for there lives not to include vr. Its just STUPID.

kellemann said:
You are so out of touch of what dirt rally comunity want
Appears to want. Be careful, because people are more vocal when they are displeased about something and will post more on that subject. More posts on a certain subject doesn't necessarily mean a majority of the community are posting them. The majority may very well be happy with proceedings and don't feel the need to post so much. If the majority are silent, no matter how many more they are, it's natural that the sound of the minority will be the loudest.

kellemann said:
Why oh why did codemaster make that comment of not getting another feature if we get vr. How out of touch can you be. Starting a war on forums. A lot of bad PR. people beeing scared they dont get a complet game, and figthin for there lives not to include vr. Its just STUPID.
This is the state of mind of VR memers. I am so glad that you have nothing else to say, so you won't be posting outside of VR topic, because VR is the priority for you.

SamRWD said:
kellemann said:
SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:

This is another example why it is impossible to heave a reasonable conversation with you. It is not about %, it is about numbers. VR is a niche.
Why dont you make a thred about not wantin vr in dirt rally, insteed of trying to convince people here.

kellemann said:
Appears to want. Be careful, because people are more vocal when they are displeased about something and will post more on that subject. More posts on a certain subject doesn't necessarily mean a majority of the community are posting them. The majority may very well be happy with proceedings and don't feel the need to post so much. If the majority are silent, no matter how many more they are, it's natural that the sound of the minority will be the loudest.
compare the absence of vr with this and with f1 2018 for example.

the thing is that the first dirt rally has a big following in the simracing and vr community. thats why there are a lot of those people who were looking forward to this. of course they think codemasters wouldnt take a step back in terms of immersion and support for peripherals when they announce a succesor. yet here we are. thats why we read so much about it. there is no denying that vr is the hottest topic atm when this game is discussed.

i perosnally want vr and what i see on the internet seems like there are a lot of us. i would interprete that as pretty big demand for vr. if they see it differently we will see when the game releases how it turns out.

i am not yet convincend that the 1% is even remotely true. its a ridicolous statement that 99% of the users dont want vr that is based on nothing but this persons own beliefs.

when you come with numbers the numbers are skewed. when you come with polls the polls are skewed. when your proof that there are more then double the numbers of vr headset registered in steam then racing wheels then it doesnt matter because vr headsets arent exclusively used for racing. when you come with comments under any social media channel its because they are a loud minority. so what ever the community does some people interpret it as "no demand" and make up the 1% number that holds no ground at all. if we would be silent then they would say "see there is no demand".

its an unwinnable argument against some. i hope though that codemasters realizes that this isnt the truth. the reception of the abscence of vr at release paints a pretty clear picture.

there hasnt been a single poll stat or number that has proven that only 1% of the potential customers would want vr, yet we read it over and over again from the same person who in the same context calls us kids and stuff.

kellemann said:
Why dont you make a thred about not wantin vr in dirt rally, insteed of trying to convince people here.
Because 99% of people here don't need convincing. 
If you behaved like grown up man should, I would not even look into this topic twice.

SamRWD said:
kellemann said:
Because 99% of people here don't need convincing. 
If you behaved like grown up man should, I would not even look into this topic twice.
Am i childish because i want the best vr experince to have a sequel? If only YOU would try this game in vr we could have a real discusion. And this most be the most vocal 1% in the history of racing games ::smile:

kellemann said:
Well, that was better than the long post I was in the middle of trying to word nicely.
MTOJay said:

the thing is that the first dirt rally has a big following in the simracing and vr community. thats why there are a lot of those people who were looking forward to this.
What you don't realise is, it was the people you are arguing with (the forum regulars) who asked Codies to make DiRT Rally in the first place, without them the next game would be DiRT Showdown 2 (God forbid). Everything in the game is there because forum regulars asked for it to be included, even VR.

SamRWD said:
kellemann said:
This is the state of mind of VR memers. I am so glad that you have nothing else to say, so you won't be posting outside of VR topic, because VR is the priority for you.
Yes, i dont go into "plesase add this car" Thred and ask to not include that car. That would be stupid