Jump to content Jump to content

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

MongoJon [VR]

eXerfit said:
Ahh, so you're afraid you won't get all the DLC you want? 
No.
But I will leave it at that if you still don't understand how basic economics of a pipeline work. VR won't happen anyways since Codies said they will listen to a community. 1% is irrelevant.
SamRWD said:
eXerfit said:
No.
But I will leave it at that if you still don't understand how basic economics of a pipeline work. VR won't happen anyways since Codies said they will listen to a community. 1% is irrelevant.
And what is the hottest topic in the community since the day they announced the game? Come on, I'm sure you have noticed..
eXerfit said:
SamRWD said:
eXerfit said:
No.
And what is the hottest topic in the community since the day they announced the game? Come on, I'm sure you have noticed..
You just have to be kidding yourself if you seriously think VR is the hottest topic since DR2 got announced LOL.
Most annoying and mostly mentioned by 1% of the community that cannot understand basic mathematics? Certainly.
I've never been very active on this forum but I've had to come on by to voice my piece. 
Just like every VR user out there I'm extremely disappointed not to see VR support for the sequel to one of the best VR racers out there.
No genre of game suits VR better than the racing genre, especially if you are lucky enough to own a wheel as well. We might be the minority in users but our numbers are not small by any stretch there are literally millions of VR we may not all play racing games but the numbers are there.

Not just for your game either, if you look at the release of any recent racing game (something you should be doing to monitor the competition) and you'll see one of the first things the community starts asking about, VR Support!!
There are petitions started to get VR support
The hashtag #NoVRNoBuy is actually a thing and to top it off...
Every post I've seen on your social media has users crying out for VR, you say you'll add it if there's demand for it, well I don't know what your community manager is doing because he's clearly not listening to the community. There's plenty of demand!!!

I personally haven't purchased a single racing game that doesn't support VR since I purchased my Rift, that was almost 3 years ago now. Meaning DiRT Rally was the last Codemasters game I purchased because you haven't supported it since!
That will continue, as much as I was excited to see DiRT Rally 2.0 announced I won't be purchasing it without VR support.

Codemasters, I'm disappointed with you!
VR suits your main genre of the game perfectly and if you don't support it you are letting yourself and the industry down!
There are devs that have added support for their games running on engines that were created well before VR was even a consideration for game development, there are small studios with significantly less manpower and resources than Codemasters creating completely new games with VR support.

But the worst part, you claim to listen to the community and will add it if there's demand. Yet you've not responded to any VR thread or post on any forum with any explanation or nod of we've made a mistake and will get on it.

DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Its so silly to say if there are vr then there will be less content. i am pretty sure that level desiners or car desiners at codemaster dont program vr support. And use some of the extra chas you will get from pre- orders when you annonce vr and spend them on vr support. we are many that will buy this game if ther is support, and pass if there is not. Personally i would pre order the deluxe edision today if there was support for vr. Every sim needs vr. 
PS! Dirt rally in vr is my best gaming exerience ever. Have a fanatec wheel and pedals, and i would rather play this on a controller in vr, than on a wheel and a normal screen. 
zissakos1 said:

Don't be afraid your game will be cut shorter, because CM will never do that. There are possibilites to do both, and CM will manage that, if the community speaks up.

Speaking of which, what does the Community Manager say to all this, @ChristinaMc ?
Is that enough voices for VR support or how much is enough?
Or how else would you measure/conclude "community wants VR"? A dedicated officiall poll? Where?
Because if you already concluded that, we might just stop here to not get into other fights... :-)
Peace!
I'm sure many of us who played the original DiRT Rally thought CM wouldn't release another game without VR support after the amazing job they did on that. Yet here we are almost 3 years later and they haven't released one other game with VR support.
So them cutting a game short I really wouldn't put it past them, especially using it as an excuse not to create VR content.

But the worst thing about this whole lack of VR support right now for me at least is the lack of any sort of response from CM in any shape or form, they can see the demand is there now the decision should be a simple one. They screwed up and they should acknowledge it and fix the issue.
The original DiRT didn't have VR, DiRT Rally did
That's the thing. We are trying to reason with people who know nothing about series, never participated in discussions we did in order to improve the game, and now new accounts appear to push VR. In the meantime 1% got another blow:

https://youtu.be/w6NXyxQmMQ0?t=6m24s

"If there is ENORMOUS demand for it, then we can do it; it is NO SMALL undertaking".
So, looks like we will get a good, refined game with a lot of content while VR is not likely to come after all :)
SamRWD said:
That's the thing. We are trying to reason with people who know nothing about series, never participated in discussions we did in order to improve the game, and now new accounts appear to push VR. In the meantime 1% got another blow:

"If there is ENORMOUS demand for it, then we can do it; it is NO SMALL undertaking".
So, looks like we will get a good, refined game with a lot of content while VR is not likely to come after all :)
you call that a blow?
the first question they answer is about VR. they go out of their way to make it clear that if there is demand then they will do it. to me that was actually a good sign that they do care after all. otherwise they woudl have either ignored it or waited for later to answer that question.

they have probably seen that the most upvoted question under all reddits threads and also one of the most discussed thing around here is vr support. i think they didnt realize there would be that much demand.

did you see the live chat? that were not only 5 people. there were so many different people asking for vr. i honestly have a hardtime understanding why you think the community wouldnt profit if everybody could enjoy the game in the way they want.
Yeah, sadly it would appear we won't get another DiRT game with VR. I've all but given up on Codemasters after that. 
Hope for the sake of everyone else they make a good game, but I clearly won't ever be playing it.
zissakos1 said:
Not so fast. They can't ignore that many comments, discussions, questions. Everywhere. Here in the CM Forums, Reddit, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter. Even a petition with >1200 signees currently. If they ignore that, this will be the greatest ignorance towards customers I have ever seen. I just don't think they will do that.
I think they will observe everything for a couple more days and then announce that a VR update will be released shortly after release.
Oooooo 1200? Well that's nothing really...
Yeah, sadly it would appear we won't get another DiRT game with VR. I've all but given up on Codemasters after that. 
Hope for the sake of everyone else they make a good game, but I clearly won't ever be playing it.
You are not willing to buy realistic rally sim, you want a VR experience. You were never a part of community. This game was not aimed at you to begin with.

EDIT: ROTFL just checker reddit, basically kids rolling on the flor crying, offending Ross, spreading lies about motion platform development...
Even our own mtojay is in that club. This is another reason why VR is a wrong idea- those kids will be first to complain that handling is too difficult. 
MTOJay said:
SamRWD said:

you call that a blow?
the first question they answer is about VR. they go out of their way to make it clear that if there is demand then they will do it. to me that was actually a good sign that they do care after all. otherwise they woudl have either ignored it or waited for later to answer that question.

Well, cm promissed a lot with dirt4, and soon after release they git very very silent. Becsuse of that I believe not much of what they say now. First see they deliver.

@SamRWD, you made your point. Good points but you're going in circles now. Please let us cry over the lack of VR now ?
Dont know why people are against vr. The more sale and good reviews, the more likely for a sequel. And in every sequel you shold be taking any feature and improve, not remove. The one thing that made dirt rally a mindblowing experience was vr. Felling like your INSIDE a rally car. First time i tried vr, i could not belive how steep the uphils were. How much elevation there were. How terrified i was going of the track in greece. The reaction everybody gets when i put them in the racingchair and strap on the headset. The smiles on ther faces. To bad they are removing what made dirt rally really special for me and my friends :(
SamRWD said:
You are not willing to buy realistic rally sim, you want a VR experience. You were never a part of community. This game was not aimed at you to begin with.

EDIT: ROTFL just checker reddit, basically kids rolling on the flor crying, offending Ross, spreading lies about motion platform development...
Even our own mtojay is in that club. This is another reason why VR is a wrong idea- those kids will be first to complain that handling is too difficult. 
So because I've logged in to voice my opinion only recently that means my opinion doesn't count?  laughable if you think that, because every potential customer has a voice and every one of them counts regardless of them being part of a forum or not! Please for the love of god don't ever try to run a business because I think you'll fail!
I don't really want to take part in this conversation more than this, but I think that this poll at Racedepartment (which is a very sim racing oriented site) shows that the percentage of VR users in sim racing might be a lot bigger than many would expect:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/what-display-output-do-you-use-for-sim-racing.145880/

The poll doesn't seem to be very popular based on the amount of votes but at least it gives some kind of approximation of the popularity of VR.
I just don't want VR development to be a priority right now. The priority should be making a base game that is polished and offers a strong foundation on which to build upon. I think even the VR players would prefer to play the game later and have it be better, making VR even more enjoyable when it does come, than play it early and have it not reach its full potential.
My 2 cents.
I just don't want VR development to be a priority right now. The priority should be making a base game that is polished and offers a strong foundation on which to build upon. I think even the VR players would prefer to play the game later and have it be better, making VR even more enjoyable when it does come, than play it early and have it not reach its full potential.
My 2 cents.
Yeah. And if you take out wheel support and controller support it can be even better still. I think controller people would rather play it later and have it much better, making controller more enjoyable when it come, than play it early and have it not reach its full potential.
So because I've logged in to voice my opinion only recently that means my opinion doesn't count?  laughable if you think that.
I never said that.
You, and majority of 1% came here just when you felt like pushing VR meme was gonna get you a VR title. We were here long time ago and we want a realistic rally sim, I have spent hours researching, formulating feedback, and defending my premise regarding physics and other aspects of a game (and I am happy to see we are gonna see exactly what I was hopping to get). Any developer wants user base that is as engaged me, and other fellas who participate in that process. So a voice of few people who just appeared and say that either CM makes game less refined/ cuts content so few of you can play a VR game or you won't be buying it means less than a voice of 99% of user base who support the franchise with their wallets because they want what CM is promising- a realistic rally simulator. This is how business work. #noVRornobuy LOL.
chillisteak said:
because every potential customer has a voice and every one of them counts regardless of them being part of a forum or not!
Of course every potential customer has a voice. You do too. It is loud, all over the place and not logical, but you have it. So do I and other customers who are a part of a Dirt community. You are a part of a VR community, and at this occasion you are a niche part of that community who want a VR game and who don't see getting a refined rally sim is a priority. The same people who will complain that DR2 is too difficult to drive on a controller.
chillisteak said:Please for the love of god don't ever try to run a business because I think you'll fail!
I am doing fine, but if I ever run into trouble I will not listen to someone claiming 99% of the userbase will appreciate their game getting castrated because 1% won't be buying it without a meme feature that no one uses.
kellemann said:
Yeah. And if you take out wheel support and controller support it can be even better still. I think controller people would rather play it later and have it much better, making controller more enjoyable when it come, than play it early and have it not reach its full potential.
Dirt Rally 2 is a sim. If you want to use a controller, play Dirt 4, or turn all assists on and hope you can keep up with slowest people who drive with steering wheel.
kellemann said:
SamRWD said:
Dirt Rally 2 is a sim. If you want to use a controller, play Dirt 4, or turn all assists on and hope you can keep up with slowest people who drive with steering wheel.
Yes, its a sim. And what other driving sim on pc does not include vr?
Dirt 4. 
EDIT: and F1 2018. Not sure how is it relevant though.
How many rally simulators do we have on the market BTW?
kellemann said:
My 2 cents.
VR is not the big deal you make it to be. Not yet. It's not worth investing all the required development time and resources for what is still not a significant minority of players. Regardless, at this point, the game's likely been in development for over a year now, too late to add something as complex as VR into it before launch. After launch is another story though.
Also, terrible analogy on your part because I was talking about display methods and you replaced it with control methods. Completely different issue. You do realize that you would still need, either a keyboard, a controller or a wheel to play in VR, right?

Archived