Sign in to follow this  

Third party PS4 controllers and F1 2018

I got a Nacon Revolution Pro 2 yesterday and they seem unusable with F1 2018. Taking corners is hell with this controller. The weird part is that the Nacon feels much better than the DS4 on GT Sports. Why is it the Nacon will make F1 2018 unplayable? I understand I will have to adapt to the new controller but in GT Sports I found the right rhythm in one lap. On F1 2018 it's a disaster, I just can't seem to take corners anymore.

I looked at the supported controllers and the Nacon Revolution Pro 2 is not supported. Is that the reason why it plays so horrible with the Nacon? I even downloaded a profile for F1 2017 as there is none for 2018 but it does not help me.

Best way is searching for a profile on the nacom site. Search for f1 2017 or 2018.
https://nacongaming.com/profiles/?game_type&game_name=F1%202017&orderby I have the nacom pro 2 and it works like a charm with that profile. For me it works now.
Good luck

Don't forget the in game calibration too. If you find more precise movements harder to get, try adjusting linearity. 

Best way is searching for a profile on the nacom site. Search for f1 2017 or 2018.
https://nacongaming.com/profiles/?game_type&game_name=F1%202017&orderby I have the nacom pro 2 and it works like a charm with that profile. For me it works now.
Good luck

In tried that one and did not find it improving. I"ll look at in-game calibration.

Did you upload the profile to the controller?
Did you select the correct profile on the controller?

Play with steering linearity otherwise.

Yup, uploaded it to the controller and selected it. I'll have a look at the steering linearity. It's a shame there is no app on the playstation to do that. Switching back and forth from testing on PS and tinkering with the settings is not ideal.

I have the f1 2017 profile and in f1 2018 game the steering linearity between 25 and 50.
Really no problems here and drive smoother thena PS4 controller. Not smooth enough for Monaco or Singapore.

25 linearity was what I had to use to stop crashing halfway up eau rouge after not having played for basically 3 years  :p

Yeah I have that pad... and it does feel wonky. 
The thumbstick has more physical travel or something, making me go all out of whack lol

Gonna try that profile @sanderu1983 posted, see if it helps.

That's raidillon actually  :p

Yeah this feels already better
I'm never ever calling it that. Ever. I know its correct, I've seen the explanations and I don't care. Thumbs in ears, waggling fingers, "Neener-Neener-Neener"

Haha  :D

With the profile and steering modifications I think I will become as good as I was on DS4. But what puzzles me and maybe @Faya can get some explanation from the dev's is why the standard setting of the Nacon RP2 (not the advanced profile settings) differs so much from the DS4. All other games I play with the Nacon RP2 behave rather normal it's mostly about getting used to the pad but for F1 2018 you need to adjust settings. I thought that the advanced customizability was there to improve your gameplay not to make the game work on the pad. I'm not demanding support for the Nacon RP2 because I looked up the supported devices and did not see any mention. But because no other controllers besides the DS4 are mentioned I thought it would work just the same. 

This has really been keeping me up all night after I played Spider Man and noticed movement not worked like expected but then noticed I was in the F1 2018 advanced setting on my pad. After reverting back to the standard setting the Spider Man game behaved like expected. So I was wondering if Sony games are designed for the Nacon pads as well or is it the engineering behind F1 2018 what makes the steering impossible with standard settings on those pads as GT Sports is also a racing game but doesn't need an advanced profile.

Still haven"t found the sweet spot. I'm always using Monza as a reference as it is a very easy circuit to get right. If I can make it past the fist chicane I would hit the sweet spot. But coming out of the first chicane still doesn't feel right. Almost like my stick always register too late I want to steer left. Second chicane is the same. 
Haven't tried any other circuits yet. The problem is a bit between the ears I guess because I keep callibrating the steering linearity between 15 and 35. I hate setting up things  :'(