Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 – coming 26th February 2019! | Codemasters Blog

DiRT Rally 2.0 – coming 26th February 2019! | Codemasters Blog

We are absolutely delighted to finally announce DiRT Rally 2.0™ today! The follow-up to the incredibly successful and critically acclaimed DiRT Rally puts players in control of a collection of the most iconic rally cars against the most challenging stages around the world. Marking a return to the simulation style off-road racing that made the original such a hit with gamers, DiRT Rally 2.0 will launch on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) on Tuesday 26th February 2019.

Read the full story here

please tell me you didnt actually remove vr support from this title?! are you for real? no mention of it at all?

no vr no buy.

So did Facebook Occulus Rift buy VR exclusivity for this one too?

Why can't you folks just ask the customers for money. Why do you have to rely on the money of these corporations who pay for their peripheral exclusivity. That's bad business sense. People like your game. Why not listen to the people who pay to enjoy your work?

TheBadCat said:

So did Facebook Occulus Rift buy VR exclusivity for this one too?

Why can't you folks just ask the customers for money. Why do you have to rely on the money of these corporations who pay for their peripheral exclusivity. That's bad business sense. People like your game. Why not listen to the people who pay to enjoy your work?

everybody could play dirt rally in vr. also vive useres. you could get it on steam. its not to hard to get it working with the vive. at least there was support. it was natively only supported for the rift, but everybody could play it.

i dont care as long as i can play it in vr.

Glad to see Dirt Rally 2.0 will be supported in the future after it's release with a steady stream of DLC.

Unlike a certain recent Dirt game that was completely abandoned immediately after launch...

All that is great, I'm a big fan of your work, but I got a red flag somewhere in the article. What do you mean "five early vehicles unlocks" and then list five cars that were in the original DiRT Rally? Will you lock cars behind DLCs while they were already included in the first game, or are we just talking about timed unlocks?
The latter is OK, the first is not and also a reason to NOT buy the game, strictly for ethical restrictions. Can we have a clarification on this pretty please?

Great news!

Please add keypad/keyboard support on the ps4. It will all DIY handbrake buildes to get the max out of this title.

Please add Russian language, in Russia there are a lot of fans of dirt rally ! I myself have already pre-ordered the game on PS4, add at least subtitles . Thanks

I am so hyped! I'd precommand the deluxe version straight away, provided it has PSVR support.
If that's not the case I'll cry and pass on what would have been my game of the year...

Seriously guys.
No VR again? in 2019?
Is there triple support at least or did you just make a game to be played on a sofa in front of a big screen tv with controller.

So disappointing. Still play Dirt Rally. This will be a no buy.
Which is a total shame as there are no real rally sims in the sim racing world.
You added support to Dirt Rally when VR was not that popular and now that it's growing you don't care to add it to any of your titles.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dirt-rally-20-has-no-vr-support-planned

"“We're focusing on making the core game experience before launch - and after that, if there is demand from our community, then we'll explore the possibility,”

Won't hold my breath, and will definitely skip this one.

Change the name, it's not a Dirt Rally sequel...

Seriously guys.

No VR again? in 2019?

Is there triple support at least or did you just make a game to be played on a sofa in front of a big screen tv with controller.

You added support to Dirt Rally when VR was not that popular and now that it's growing you don't care to add it to any of your titles.

"“We're focusing on making the core game experience before launch - and after that, if there is demand from our community, then we'll explore the possibility,”

Why do you VR users believe you're a priority when you're less than 1%?

Aurora92 said:

Seriously guys.

No VR again? in 2019?

Why do you VR users believe you're a priority when you're less than 1%?

Not saying it's a priority, but get with the program of most of the other racing titles out there.
Assetto Corsa, ACC, iracing, rf2, Raceroom, Project Cars, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally.

Racing titles seem to be where VR actually thrives, triple support is important too, if someone tries either they will know why. At this stage let's not include support for high end non consumer wheels, because that's also 1% of the players out there.

Backward thinking in the design of a sim title.

Thank you so much Codemasters! please please please keep the multi controller support for PS4 (as is on Dirt Rally), as I use a handbrake attached to a PS4 controller. Cant rally without a proper handbrake! Many Thanks!

If this game doesn’t have VR support then it’s a no buy for me
Careful saying things like that, in this day and age you'll probably get told (via the Twatter so the whole world can see) that "if you don't like it don't buy it", which for any company to say is demonstrably bad for game sales.  

I signed up for an account just so i can complain about the no VR, have you ever been on the subreddits for your games, it's all anyone bitches about pre-release, please put in or it's definitely not going to be a buy till it's at least half price off on steam

Hello Codemasters!

Dirt Rally 2.0 is looking great. Unfortunately, if it does not have VR support, I will not buy it. Not only do I have a VR only rig (so I cannot play it without VR even if I wanted to), after using VR I cannot and will not go back to flat gaming.

No VR = no buy.

Come on guys, you can't give us the greatest VR racer, then cut the VR from the sequel! At least announce it as an addition for later in the games life!

I've been waiting on this game for too long now, but I can't go back to racing on a flat screen! Without VR, the closest it'll come to my collection is a wishlist, hoping on news of added vr implementation.

I love Dirt rally and have high hopes for the sequel but please add VR. Even if that means it has to be a payed dlc. I mean i cant go back to flat screen racing so i will not buy this game without. I made a exeption for the F1 2018 game but never play it because i like the F1 mod in Assetto more because of the vr support. Come back to 2018 please ;)